Tru Exclusive Crimson And Greenshirt Sets!!

robot_sonic

The action soldiers and marines always remind me of the useless regular military personnel in the Sunbow cartoons. "Armed bikers are attacking the chemical weapons storage base! PANIC!!" And the MP's who can't hold the Pentagon for more than 5 minutes.

I'm hoping for Toon accurate Greenshirts, mixed with maybe some other types for variety.

As for how necessary they are and high-tech they really should be, let's face it, if a large high-tech terrorist group like Cobra really existed, the US military would have more than a small band of elite personnel to deal with the threat. It takes more than johnny crew cut, cajunman and cowboy copter pilot to fight legions of robots, ninjas and armored goons....at least in any sizable operation.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for Toon accurate Greenshirts, mixed with maybe some other types for variety.

YES!!! Now that's what I'm talking about.

Hopefully, that's what we get, with different ranks, etc. Nothing too "out there".

They put them all in helment with visors or maybe SCI-FI V1 helment or something if they dont then your going to have alot of TWINS,TRIPLETS AND QUADRUPLETTES ON THE G I JOE GREENSHIRT ARMY

See, this is what I mean. GI Joe troops should be just regular army guys. They don't have special weapons or armour - only the Joes do. These guys shouldn't even be part of GI Joe - just attached for reinforcements.

Ahhh,

Very true,but even your"run of the mill infantrysolider" would be deck out in some form of protective gear

My only issue id having the same problem i would with any JOE TEAM

army builder

I dont want them to look like ive taken a beachhead,a duke, a grunt, a short fuse,a breaker,a flash and just have mutiples over and over again

Especailly if i buy three packs

The Cobra Infantry set they are random looking enough where i can

buy 10 packs and have 60 individuals not 6 indviduals over and over again

so putting them in helments with visors or something would in fact solve that

you cant put masks on them like COBRAS

then they look like terriost

maybe im not making any sense here but i think i am?????

DOC

Ahhh,

Very true,but even your"run of the mill infantrysolider" would be deck out in some form of protective gear

army builder

I dont want them to look like ive taken a beachhead,a duke, a grunt, a short fuse,a breaker,a flash and just have mutiples over and over again

I just want them to look realistic. I think they can do that... let's look at some ideas. One or two of them can have goggles, or sunglasses. Not at all out of the realm of possibility, since the recent desert wars. A couple of them could be cammed up with face paint, which would hide any distinctive features pretty well. The others could just have non-descript face sculpts.

Combine that with interchangeable gear, headgear and weapons, and that's how you solve that problem. I think that'd be the key factor on whether or not I buy multiples of this set, or any at all for that matter.

The action soldiers and marines always remind me of the useless regular military personnel in the Sunbow cartoons. "Armed bikers are attacking the chemical weapons storage base! PANIC!!" And the MP's who can't hold the Pentagon for more than 5 minutes.

"AAAAAHHHHH, what do we do? We are military soldiers, it's not like we are trained to handle COMBAT SITUATIONS!!!!!!"

I have a feeling this set is going to be the same mold they used in the OSG set as well as the same helmets too, that is cool IMO because I would rather pay 20.00 for CG's then 3 CG's and a hiss and ASP.  I hope that however the CG's in these new packs will have the silver cobra logo.  Here is hoping.

I want the old helmet back. I'm sorry, but I just don't like this removable helmet.

I so agree, I HATE the thing. I like the heads underneath but not the helmet.

As far as the greenshirts, the only way I will get them is if the are molds of characters I can use them as, ie Zap, Shortfuse, etc.

Draven

I don't expect anything too great for the greenshirts. Hasbro's track record for Joe sets is pretty bad.

Good point. No need to get my hopes up.

However, this sounds like an army builder set, and they've been pretty good with those.

True, but this is JOE army builder.

Either the "Joe" track record will hold or the "army builder" track record will.

Unfortunately, neither Joe nor Cobra sets are immune to a possible horrid weapon selection.

Ahhh,

army builder

I just want them to look realistic. I think they can do that... let's look at some ideas. One or two of them can have goggles, or sunglasses. Not at all out of the realm of possibility, since the recent desert wars. A couple of them could be cammed up with face paint, which would hide any distinctive features pretty well. The others could just have non-descript face sculpts.

Combine that with interchangeable gear, headgear and weapons, and that's how you solve that problem. I think that'd be the key factor on whether or not I buy multiples of this set, or any at all for that matter.

Agreed!!!!!!!

DOC

That is awesome, I can't wait for these to come out. I hope that some pics of them surface soon.

Hey dudes, if you have some money and don't know what to do with it then here's what you need to get. :D

http://s7.invisionfree.com/The_Seacon_Swam...?showtopic=2695

Greenshirts rock!! :D i don't care what nobody says, greenshirts are an awesome addition to anyone's joeuniverse...especialy if you still "play" with your joes like i proudly admit. #US1#

hell, you gotta have somebody to kill off when you don't want your best joes to die...that's what is so great about cobra army builders, those are the dudes that get shot in the face or in the back trying to run...the guys who SE takes out 10 at the same time. now my cobras will have the same satisfaction killing causualy. B)

i made some greenshirts from those dollar store key chains...here's some pics of some of the fun i had...

f5f6ac71.jpg

f5f6ac7e.jpg

f5f6ac96.jpg

f5f6ac9f.jpg

f5f6ac9d.jpg

f5f6ac90.jpg

f5f6ac8b.jpg

f5f6ac87.jpg

f5f6ac82.jpg

f5f6ac7a.jpg

my dreadnoks especialy love my greenshirts @firedevil@

Greenshirts rock!!  i don't care what nobody says, greenshirts are an awesome addition to anyone's joeuniverse...especialy if you still "play" with your joes like i proudly admit. 

hell, you gotta have somebody to kill off when you don't want your best joes to die...that's what is so great about cobra army builders, those are the dudes that get shot in the face or in the back trying to run...the guys who SE takes out 10 at the same time. now my cobras will have the same satisfaction killing causualy. 

i made some greenshirts from those dollar store key chains...here's some pics of some of the fun i had...

Nice pics... I didn't know the Dreadnoks were so brutal!

That's too much blood and gore Chazz! Think of the kids!

Think of the KIDS!!

@smilepunch@

^ What are you talking about VH? That was the edited version. :D

@lol@

Guts galore'!

Nice pics Chazz, when are we going to see another dio story?

I agree that the green shirts are going to be great! I sure do not want my best men to die either, both sets are going to be great!

@lol@ yea man, i think it's time for another getto dio real soon @cool@ i actualy wanted to do one with my 6" custom figs but i haven't had a chance to. it's cool though you guys still remember my dios being it's been awhile...i'll try to bring another one to you guys real soon @cool@

8speed hit it right on the nose, greenshirts are nothing but cannon fodder....and we all know cannon fodder equals endless amount of fun @loll@