Tru Exclusive Crimson And Greenshirt Sets!!

robot_sonic

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is some real good news...Its going to be nice to army build an "GI Joe army"...Wow...sweet I have 8 HISS Tanks...with 24 CG's......now I can build it bigger...Wow cant wait to see some pics...I was kind of worrying of what is coming out next year...

I hear ya there, I was getting a little worried for a second too since there was no news of new stuff coming out..... this is great news! Now lets get some news of the new line (after VvsV now ;))

I'll wait till they hit the shelves since TRU normally has these in their Brick 'N Mortors before Amazon tends to get them

Not I, since I just ordered them I got free shipping, now what would nice would be if they offer that deal for each 6 pack to be 14.99 again :).

I have a feeling this set is going to be the same mold they used in the OSG set as well as the same helmets too, that is cool IMO because I would rather pay 20.00 for CG's then 3 CG's and a hiss and ASP. I hope that however the CG's in these new packs will have the silver cobra logo. Here is hoping.

I have a feeling this set is going to be the same mold they used in the OSG set as well as the same helmets too, that is cool IMO because I would rather pay 20.00 for CG's then 3 CG's and a hiss and ASP. I hope that however the CG's in these new packs will have the silver cobra logo. Here is hoping.

I want the old helmet back. I'm sorry, but I just don't like this removable helmet.

I'm gonna wait til I see pics and I'm sure I'll find them at the stores.

Unless, Amazon has a buy 2 get 1 free..then I'll order.

Greenshirts..hehehe...don't we get enough of those from buying 2 packs.LOL.

Man I just barely got rid of all my surefires,Big bens and Mirages.

I have a feeling this set is going to be the same mold they used in the OSG set as well as the same helmets too, that is cool IMO because I would rather pay 20.00 for CG's then 3 CG's and a hiss and ASP.  I hope that however the CG's in these new packs will have the silver cobra logo.  Here is hoping.

I want the old helmet back. I'm sorry, but I just don't like this removable helmet.

I don't seem to mind it since the removable helmets, it gives the figure character IMO. I am pretty sure however that they are not going to re tool the head and probably will use the same mold as agent faces with different heads (like in the OCS set).

Hopefully these won't be as hard to find as the CIF. Someone mentioned buying them as soon as you find them, but that requires money (like I doubt I will get the ninja sets). Not to mention the CIF NEVER even appeared in my area.

Greenshirts? Meh, I doubt I'll get them, but it depends on what the look like (I believe VH is correct) and what gear they have.

I'd be VERY surprised if the CGs AREN'T the same ones in the OCS (including the shotguns). We know they have the CGI mold and it would really piss off the fans if at least one wasn't incuded.

And to whom do we pray that we get CORRECT/ORIGINAL GEAR AND COLORS!

I don't mind the removable helmets. Either way, they look cool.

I'm still going to wait until pics show up. The Greenshirts sound like a cool idea, but it could look awful, as well. They might make a nice display with Beachhead, drilling new recruits or something.

Hopefully these won't be as hard to find as the CIF. Someone mentioned buying them as soon as you find them, but that requires money (like I doubt I will get the ninja sets). Not to mention the CIF NEVER even appeared in my area.

Greenshirts? Meh, I doubt I'll get them, but it depends on what the look like (I believe VH is correct) and what gear they have.

I'd be VERY surprised if the CGs AREN'T the same ones in the OCS (including the shotguns). We know they have the CGI mold and it would really piss off the fans if at least one wasn't incuded.

And to whom do we pray that we get CORRECT/ORIGINAL GEAR AND COLORS!

Agreed! No more yellow logos!

I'm still going to wait until pics show up. The Greenshirts sound like a cool idea, but it could look awful, as well. They might make a nice display with Beachhead, drilling new recruits or something.

I hope that all of the troops are "generic" green shirts and all look fairly the same like the cobra troop pack.

Its smart marketing on Hasbro's part by putting Tomax and Xamot seperate. This means that stores will have to order more Crimson sets because each is different.

BRING. IT. ON!!!

Except, I am weeping now. I was lucky to get as many infantry sets as I did. I dont see that happening with these. But Ill die trying!

as far as seperate sets, that is smart on hasbro's part. I just hope the stores order PLENTY of them (more than the INF sets obviously, since quite a few people missed out on those or didnt get as many as desired).

also, i hope there isnt more of one and less of the other (i.e. more of tomax and less of xamot, for example

I'd rather then go for more of a Devil's Due style greenshirt. Heck, I'd settle for the Cartoon style as well, but I really do hope they don't use the steel brigade. Only because the Helmets just look wrong on the original figures, the neck is too thin and the head looks huge.

If they used the removable helmets like they did with the Anti-venom team, then I could settle, but then were left wondering what the faces would look like.

Either way we're going to 6 INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERS from the GREENSHIRT PACK-your going to have 6 RANDOM HEADS

UNLESS

They put them all in helment with visors or maybe SCI-FI V1 helment or something if they dont then your going to have alot of TWINS,TRIPLETS AND QUADRUPLETTES ON THE G I JOE GREENSHIRT ARMY

?????????????

Im sure we all will figure it out

DOC

I don't expect anything too great for the greenshirts. Hasbro's track record for Joe sets is pretty bad.

Either way we're going to 6 INDIVIDUAL CHARACTERS from the GREENSHIRT PACK-your going to have 6 RANDOM HEADS

UNLESS

They put them all in helment with visors or maybe SCI-FI V1 helment or something if they dont then your going to have alot of TWINS,TRIPLETS AND QUADRUPLETTES ON THE G I JOE GREENSHIRT ARMY

?????????????

Im sure we all will figure it out

DOC

Feeling better? Noticed your starting to use caps again. @smilepunch@

I'd rather then go for more of a Devil's Due style greenshirt. Heck, I'd settle for the Cartoon style as well, but I really do hope they don't use the steel brigade. Only because the Helmets just look wrong on the original figures, the neck is too thin and the head looks huge.

That's what I'd like to see as well. No "Cobra-style" troops, please.

See, this is what I mean. GI Joe troops should be just regular army guys. They don't have special weapons or armour - only the Joes do. These guys shouldn't even be part of GI Joe - just attached for reinforcements.

I don't expect anything too great for the greenshirts. Hasbro's track record for Joe sets is pretty bad.

Good point. No need to get my hopes up.

However, this sounds like an army builder set, and they've been pretty good with those.

Good point. No need to get my hopes up.

However, this sounds like an army builder set, and they've been pretty good with those.

True, but this is JOE army builder.

Either the "Joe" track record will hold or the "army builder" track record will.

I still think VH's suggestion is the most likely course. After all, these ARE going to be RAH style figures and too most of the Joes look just too distinctive to be used as greenshirts.

I gots yer Greenshirts right heres....

soldier.jpgsoldier.jpgsoldier.jpg

soldier.jpgsoldier.jpgsoldier.jpg

I've had'em for yeeears! @lol@

These sets all sound cool!

I have one of these Action Marine keychains, as well as the Action Soldier keychain. I usually display them as greenshirts, but sometimes move one up to the Officers as Joe Colton. The only problem with them (the keychains, anyway) is their heads are very loose, and won't stay up. I don't know if it is the same with the actual figures, but if not, I would like to find a few. Plus, the loop on their backs gets rather annoying.

Either way, I really hope this is not what they plan on using for the Greenshirts. I would rather see a frankensteined figure (i.e. Steel Brigade, Starduster, GI Joe Reservist) repainted in all green. Perhaps using the JvC Frostbite head like they did with the Reservists, but give them different skintones.