Tru Exclusive Crimson And Greenshirt Sets!!

robot_sonic

If I get just 1 6-pack of CG's they shall overwhelmingly outnumber my Blueshirts and that ain't right.

Yep, I'm only going to get two - one with Tomax, one with Xamot. Even then, combined with the 6 from the OCS sets... That still might make more than the Cobra regs I've got. I'll have to pick up another set or two off Ebay...

But I'm still waiting for pics to be shown...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is what the line up for the Crimson Guard the first version with the original head, silver chest emblems

I have a feeling there is a reason Hasbro hasn't been releasing any characters with silver Cobra emblems. Otherwise, the Crimson Guards in the Crimson Sabotage set, as well as Agent Faces and at least one of the blueshirts would have had them.

I know most of the older figures that had silver emblems (Crimson Guard, Hiss Driver, Cobra Officer, Tomax, Xamot) are rare to find now with their emblems perfect, because the silver paint tended to rub off easily.

The Crimson Convention set had the silver emblems, but since they were aimed at collectors who more likely to display them, rather than play with them, it didn't matter as much.

I wish they would find a silver paint that would withstand being handled without rubbing off, so we could get some blueshirt officers, as well as proper Crimson Guard figures.

Not to mention how strange Tomax and Xamot would look with yellow Cobra emblems on their blue uniforms.

I gots yer Greenshirts right heres....

soldier.jpgsoldier.jpgsoldier.jpg

I've had'em for yeeears! @lol@

These sets all sound cool!

Nerdgasm. Ordered one of each of the CG sets. So funny I was just posting that I bet they'll release a set of CGs with the twins but Hasbro one upped me!

If these are the classic CGs and not the fatheads, and maybe by some slim chance actually have the SILVER DETAILS (silver rope, emblem, stripes) I will die. :)

I gots yer Greenshirts right heres....

I've had'em for yeeears! @lol@

These sets all sound cool!

Hey VH how many of those troops do you have? I need a couple of them myself. I only have.... ONE

Hey VH how many of those troops do you have? I need a couple of them myself. I only have.... ONE

:o Whaaaa..?

You mean you missed out on building a makeshift Greenshirt army of your own, with these bad boys? @lol@

I probably have 4 or 5 of the originals and another 4 of the keychain versions.

They're the REAL "grunts" who put in their time, waiting for an opening on the Joe team to pop up, so they can be the next Breaker or Heavy Metal! They make up the pool of cadets to choose from in the unfortunate event. ^_^

If they get the job, then they retire their Greenshirt, and get a nice new colorful, Baseball shirt to work in!

This is great news, but don't you guys hate it when you don't know months in advance? like 4 or 5 months? I mean they're coming out in feb. and it gives us little time to save up for plenty. Atleast we new about the Crimson Sabotage in June.

And the Green Shirts better come with Helmets, and have clean faces( no beards or mustaches)........ and have very ordinary looks, with alot of weapons.

I have a feeling there is a reason Hasbro hasn't been releasing any characters with silver Cobra emblems. Otherwise, the Crimson Guards in the Crimson Sabotage set, as well as Agent Faces and at least one of the blueshirts would have had them.

I know most of the older figures that had silver emblems (Crimson Guard, Hiss Driver, Cobra Officer, Tomax, Xamot) are rare to find now with their emblems perfect, because the silver paint tended to rub off easily.

The Crimson Convention set had the silver emblems, but since they were aimed at collectors who more likely to display them, rather than play with them, it didn't matter as much.

I wish they would find a silver paint that would withstand being handled without rubbing off, so we could get some blueshirt officers, as well as proper Crimson Guard figures.

Not to mention how strange Tomax and Xamot would look with yellow Cobra emblems on their blue uniforms.

The more recent Tomax and Xamot reissue had silver emblems.

But I would like to see more... I don't mind having the comic pack officer with a red emblem (the TRU ones were all NCOs), but I'd like a silver one as well, to denote senior officers!

It is like Hasbro is printing money with these things...they are going to have a very profitable Q2 next year.

Yep... and they could still give us a V1 BATs and Viper packs...

That would be NICE!!! Will it happen? Only time will tell :)

I actually think the Crimson Sabotage pack was a great idea that was executed poorly for my taste. I don't care for the bloated removable helmets on the figures, and the vehicles looked poorly painted with broad brush strokes.

If the 6 packs were of that style of CG I would pass them up.

If they are the REAL CG's from ARAH, I'm all over it.

I Wonder If the Crimson Gaurd sets are going to use the AGENT FACES MOLD or the original crimson gaurd mold. Either way this just goes to show you how Hasbro is getting better with thier GI joe line.

They are now starting to listen to Collectors and offer what us collectors want.

Now I just hope the new line of viehcle molds can improve the Ice Sabre and Quickstrike show some promise.

BTW can't wait for next years convention hope too see some of you their.

It is like Hasbro is printing money with these things...they are going to have a very profitable Q2 next year.

Yep... and they could still give us a V1 BATs and Viper packs...

That would be NICE!!! Will it happen? Only time will tell :)

Well, with the whole Robot Rebellion gimmick they got going next year, it stands a good chance. I hope it's v1 in all its glory, original accessories and all. And about the only way to ensure success is to have the original or close to original paint scheme.

I'm hope the sets look like this:

Set A: Tomax, 3x CG, 2x CGI

Set B: Xamot, 3x CG, 2x CGI

Not that your ideas arent good, they are, really. But the only problem is that scenario would still give troop builders multiples of the Twins.

How about making the pack all troops (4 CG / 2 CGI or 3 CG, 2 CGI and buisness suit Fred) and putting the Twins out as a separate 2- or 3-pack with another Fred or a new individual?

And no more shotguns for CGs please.

No kidding. If we have to go with existing gear use Duke's carbine or better yet his more recent multi-piece rifle. Or Faces/CLAWs Commander's submachine gun.

And if a re-cast of the original CG backpack is also out of the question, then a red version of the Baroness' backpack. It looks dressy enough for an elite Trooper. Or the weapons that came with the CGI. Even Red Star / Col Brekov's gatling guantlet with backpack and ammo chain.

I'm hope the sets look like this:

Set A: Tomax, 3x CG, 2x CGI

Set B: Xamot, 3x CG, 2x CGI

Not that your ideas arent good, they are, really. But the only problem is that scenario would still give troop builders multiples of the Twins.

How about making the pack all troops (4 CG / 2 CGI or 3 CG, 2 CGI and buisness suit Fred) and putting the Twins out as a separate 2- or 3-pack with another Fred or a new individual?

Well, I'm just going by what's listed on Amazon. They have 2 different CG 6-packs, each lead by a different Twin:

G.I. Joe 3.75" Crimson Guard 6-Pack: Tomax

G.I. Joe 3.75" Crimson Guard 6-Pack: Xamot

Also, so I think they'll have two different sets in each case, so 3 of each in each case (IIRC, there are six 6-packs per case).

As for the figure line-up, I think the CG/CGI combination is pretty acceptable. I wouldn't hope for an all army builder set like the CIF, especially not so with the unique character name attached to the product name.

Wow that is awesome. I just really hope they are like the original CG's and not like those ugly big headed CGS. It will probably be more like the original mold as that is the tendency for the TRU 6 packs. The green shirts too would be cool but I will have to wait to see what they look like before I get too excited.