Tru Exclusive Crimson And Greenshirt Sets!!

robot_sonic

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already mentioned in the Sting Raider Repaint thread. But deserves a thread of its own

I just preordered 1 of all THREE sets. Note: the Xamot and Tomax listings are not exactly the same. One had ASIN: B00068YYHG the other is ASIN: B00068YYJY

Could it be that there will be two variations of this set?

Based on the KB mess and the CRIMSON CURSE, I expect never own any of these set. But might as well try.

@yipee@ @yipee@ @notworthy@ @notworthy@ @notworthy@

THANK YOU GOD!

Now expect Doc Evil to go on one of his "Best of the Best, No use for Green shirts" rants. @smilepunch@ Just kidding, pal, I have to jive ya.

I am ordering two of each.

Its smart marketing on Hasbro's part by putting Tomax and Xamot seperate. This means that stores will have to order more Crimson sets because each is different.

Its smart marketing on Hasbro's part by putting Tomax and Xamot seperate. This means that stores will have to order more Crimson sets because each is different.

Yeah it is, damn it's still kinda wrong. @grumpy@

One question, are these the original Tomax and Xamot figures from way back when?

Already mentioned in the Sting Raider Repaint thread. But deserves a thread of its own

I just preordered 1 of all THREE sets. Note: the Xamot and Tomax listings are not exactly the same. One had ASIN: B00068YYHG the other is ASIN: B00068YYJY

Could it be that there will be two variations of this set?

Based on the KB mess and the CRIMSON CURSE, I expect never own any of these set. But might as well try.

Awesome I did the same 1 of each and I am hoping and thinking that perhaps one with come with Tomax and 5 CG's and the other set will come with Xamont and 4 CG's, I guess we will have to wait, YES!

If these are RAH sets (re issues could it mean that we are actually going to get a close to same mold of V1 CG? That would be sweet!

If these happen to be agent faces molds that is cool too, also for the twins, V1 twins would be nice too!

great news thanks for the info.

In a perfect world, but I doubt stores will order more, unless by some miracle TRU recognizes army building mania, so seperate Tomax and Xamots will actually be shorter run figures than normal. Assuming that the only difference in the packs is the twins. Assuming these listings are accurate.

We've already seen some variations in the TRU sets, the pale skinned Tiger Force (well, I never saw it in stores, but apparently it existed), the mustacheless Major Bludd (really a goof), and the current small or large USMC tattoo on Gung-Ho in the Desert Patrol. Plus there was a minor variation on the Cobra Infantry Packs that went unnoticed, the Cobra Squad Leader (non-scarred) had either black or brown paint of his collar. (and some packs had torsos that were glued together, others did not).

Yeah I had heard about the Crimson set but not that it was split up twins wise so I doubt it will be in the end. As far as the Greenshirt, blah no need and it doesn't fit my idea of Joes.

Draven

We've already seen some variations in the TRU sets, the pale skinned Tiger Force (well, I never saw it in stores, but apparently it existed), the mustacheless Major Bludd (really a goof), and the current small or large USMC tattoo on Gung-Ho in the Desert Patrol. Plus there was a minor variation on the Cobra Infantry Packs that went unnoticed, the Cobra Squad Leader (non-scarred) had either black or brown paint of his collar. (and some packs had torsos that were glued together, others did not).

Don't forget the Stars and Stripes set, where there were some sets with a black Rock n Roll.

All in all, i am excited about these sets. I was only able to grab one of the cobra Infantry packs, and none of the other sets, like Tiger force, Python Patrol, etc. I may be able to still find some of the Cobra Urban Strike force sets.

As for the twins being cartoon accurate, my guess is they will do what they did with the Cobra Infantry and Crimson Sabotage sets. Use the same molds as the original figures, but use a new mold for the head.

There is one other thing they might change. If my memory serves, the cartoon versions of the twins switched their uniform looks. For example, the Tomax figure had his Cobra symbol on the left side of his chest (his left) and Xamot's was on his right. In the cartoon, they were switched, with Tomax's symbol being of his right, and Xamot's on his left. This could be another way of making them "cartoon accurate"

A greenshirt set?! Coolness!  @peace@

Finally a chance to army-build Joes for a change instead of just cobra.

It's more of a "Chance to finally staff my Joe base with Random-guy-1!"

-Kevin

You can have them be like Star Trek, and take the majority of the deaths every time they step behind a rock! :)