New Masterpiece

agesthreeandup

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news is that Masterpiece is now a line!

That is if the UM figure does well. If it bombs they just might end it.

I don't know... That's true that this is the first time a line has only one mold for now!

Oh I agree I think its adecent choice for the line... how ever if they do a scourge it will bomb & bomb hard! There are so many scourge repaints out there right now people are sick of it...

I for one hope we don't see an evil prime for quite a while!

I like it well enough, and to all the people complaining about a repaint, would you be doing the same if it was a lucky draw limited to 50? No most would complain about how unfair it was for takara to lucky draw such a popular figure, others would say its TEH coolest just like the gold lucky draw because its rare...

That said I'll get it. How can I resist buying a repaint of one of my fav figs?

Boo on the accessories though

I like it well enough, and to all the people complaining about a repaint, would you be doing the same if it was a lucky draw limited to 50? No most would complain about how unfair it was for takara to lucky draw such a popular figure, others would say its TEH coolest just like the gold lucky draw because its rare...

Indeed I was thinking of pointing that out but theres no point anymore. Collecters are a funny bunch!

& what accessorys would you have given ultra magnus death?

People keep on complaining about it but not saying what they would do different! I for one kinda like the blue energon axe! Ops gun is fine too cause well thats what he used... Megs gun = lame though I'll agree on that one... If anything , they shoulda given em a different gun... he had one slightly different gun he used when in his armor mode did he not?

Indeed I was thinking of pointing that out but theres no point anymore. Collecters are a funny bunch!

& what accessorys would you have given ultra magnus death?

People keep on complaining about it but not saying what they would do different! I for one kinda like the blue energon axe! Ops gun is fine too cause well thats what he used... Megs gun = lame though I'll agree on that one... If anything , they shoulda given em a different gun... he had one slightly different gun he used when in his armor mode did he not?

I really dont know what accessories I would use, as if you stick to the comic and cartoon you are pretty limited, and he really never used any conventional or special weapons. and if they just took away prime's weapons people would moan about that also....not an easy fix when I think about it.

I guess I would throw in something completedly unexpected like a highly detailed um themed roller, but then people would complain about that also... @hmmm@

All they need to do is mold red and blue plastic portions of his armor that are attatchable to the figure (it doesnt have to be a trailer), do a head resculpt and they'll have a winner.

Looks like Takara will be doing another of the Masterpiece figure. Who will MP-02 be? Ultra Magnus! Quick and easy repaint.

Ultra Magnus

I have another image that was sent to me but no where to put it. If anyone would like to put up the image, please let me know.

Spencer

Question. Does any one know what the pic by 'the mystery of UM' is? It shows UM with and without his armor....Is that pic implying the MP will have attatchable armor or is that some thing totally different?

Question. Does any one know what the pic by 'the mystery of UM' is? It shows UM with and without his armor....Is that pic implying the MP will have attatchable armor or is that some thing totally different?

Hmmm... I'm not getting my hopes up, but IF he does come with the armour, they have a winner on their hands, and I'll pick it up for sure.

Here is the link,

http://www.fantofan.jp/photo%20gallery/bin...-09swindle3.jpg

The part about contacting Ulra Magnus in cybertron City or something, Mp keeps in BT continuity, They havent mentioned megatron, but after Takaras Re foucus on their old school robots, how far can a healthy MP line be behind. If the repaint UM sells well Takara might see that there is still interest in a Classic MP line, I think they are testing the waters.

I thought Megs was mentioned in the Smokescreen story as the person who brought the Cosmic rust to earth's Autobot's. Starscream was mentioned once too

Unless he comes with armour (which IS Ultra Magnus) this guy will suck and don't even bother making him.

If fans want a white prime bad enough, they'll buy a red one and paint it white.

I was actaully hoping we would get an rodimus MP next :S One that could change from rodimus to hotrod & transform in all 4 modes. Plus we would get all sorts of goodies with em like another matrix, & blade like in the movie ect...

Makes me wonder what reason they are gona give if any for magnus having a matrix

Masterpiece? Right, going by the one Masterpiece toy so far, I would say that the idea of the line was to recreate G1 characters completely accurate to their cartoon selfs. This figure totally contradicts that.

Ultra Magnus (anime version) is a single unit with no small robot mode. We all know the toy had a white Prime cab, and we've seen the way Dreamwave have portrayed Magnus, but that's not the issue here. If they intend to release MP Prime repainted as Magnus, it should NOT go under the Masterpiece banner.

That said, I would probably buy one, but not at full price. I have isues with the accessories too. A black megatron?

Makes me wonder what reason they are gona give if any for magnus having a matrix

Erm, maybe the fact that he HAD the matrix for a while in the film? Remember? Prime hands it to him on his death bed, and you see Magnus put it in his chest? Ring any bells?

I was actaully hoping we would get an rodimus MP next :S One that could change from rodimus to hotrod & transform in all 4 modes. Plus we would get all sorts of goodies with em like another matrix, & blade like in the movie ect...

Now THAT's a good idea!

Erm, maybe the fact that he HAD the matrix for a while in the film? Remember? Prime hands it to him on his death bed, and you see Magnus put it in his chest? Ring any bells?

Yeah, like that's the reason they've included it. :rolleyes:

It's laziness on Takara's part.

I dunno about laziness. Would you rather they blocked off the matrix chamber instead? All I'm saying is that he's a matrix-bearer, so it isn't unreasonable for this character to come with a matrix. Had it been a Scourge repaint I would understand the uproar.

What I really want from this figure is a voice chip that says "I cant deal with that now" @smilepunch@

Lets wait a month or two and see if they release an updated picture of UM with armour. The toys almost always change slightly from the test shots. Come on Takara/Hasbro if your rading this make the right decision and give him armour.