New Masterpiece

agesthreeandup

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, for Ultra Magnus, the trailer always represented him better than the tractor (if that's what you call the front portion). i always took the tractor to be merely something to pull him foward.

for me, there is no Ultra Magnus without the Red/Blue color trailer. anyway, Ultra Magnus is the trailer right? what good is the front portion without the back one?

Thats pretty disappointing :(

I'm a huge Ultra Magnus fan so i get suckered, plus it looks to be the new Dreamwave design/ colors. This also proves to me that the MP and BT lines are considered one by Takara, I say that because in one of the last Binaltech translations from fan2fan, Ultra Magnus was mentioned as having a part in the BT story line ( I tihnk it was Swindles or Grimlocks Translation maybe miester) They do the armour and I'll buy it right away, if not im waiting till Wizard world Chicago and will pick one up for under a hundo.

Here is the link,

http://www.fantofan.jp/photo%20gallery/bin...-09swindle3.jpg

The part about contacting Ulra Magnus in cybertron City or something, Mp keeps in BT continuity, They havent mentioned megatron, but after Takaras Re foucus on their old school robots, how far can a healthy MP line be behind. If the repaint UM sells well Takara might see that there is still interest in a Classic MP line, I think they are testing the waters.

Would not be a good move for Hasbro to do this one, let me tell you. I do not think sale numbers on this one will be nearly as high as the Prime.

I think this may have been a bad move for Takara. I am sure they will sell many of them but not near the numbers of the Prime.

Spencer.

Would not be a good move for Hasbro to do this one, let me tell you. I do not think sale numbers on this one will be nearly as high as the Prime.

I think this may have been a bad move for Takara. I am sure they will sell many of them but not near the numbers of the Prime.

Spencer.

Just look at the response in this thread alone.

When the Hasbro version clogs shelves and the price drops to 20$ then i'd get one. Id rather have a Scourge repaint, but the head must be a remold.

I'm one of the fans who was clamoring for an Ultra Magnus repaint, so I'm thrilled to see that it looks like Takara has taken the initiative to go ahead and make one. However, I understand why this won't sell as well as the Prime version, so I hope that it's more of a limited release. That way, when Hasbro imports this design, they can hopefully sell all/most of what they release. If they release a ton of them and nobody buys them, then that could pretty much be the end of the masterpiece line (no Starscream, Megatron, etc.). However, if they nearly sell out of a more limited release, it could encourage them to pursue other designs.

I'll be getting this, but I do agree that this is alittle bit lazy on Takara's part. For a simple repaint, they should have had him available before Christmas. If they do then great, but it's kinda late for this year. And while they're doing repaints, they should make a Scourge to release with him. They could make their case shipments half and half.

I'll get one regardless because I'm a Magnus fan but Takara/Hasbro needs to include the red and blue armor. If they do that and he will look like the UM we all remember and love than I predict his sales will also go through the roof.

The good news is that Masterpiece is now a line!

That is if the UM figure does well. If it bombs they just might end it.

personally, for Ultra Magnus, the trailer always represented him better than the tractor (if that's what you call the front portion). i always took the tractor to be merely something to pull him foward.

for me, there is no Ultra Magnus without the Red/Blue color trailer. anyway, Ultra Magnus is the trailer right? what good is the front portion without the back one?

We'll see. What with all the money I've been spending recently for Christmas (and me!) I'm definitely not going to preorder it. I MAY pick it up... but the quote above really says it all.