What The Heck Is This Thing?

Toiletmonkey1

Okay i know this aint gijoe! but i did pick it up in a box full of gijoes i bought at a flea market about 8-9 years ago. i was going to throw it out but something told me not too until i knew what it was. i never did find out anything on even after years of looking. happen to come acrossed it the other day while putting my gijoe room back together. anyone know or know of where i could find out????

the bottom say 1983 creata international, it some kinda robotic dinosaur

looks like it could be a wind up type thing? there is a little cockpit in the head for a 3 3/4 inch figure, and a seat on the back for another figure but it looks like its for a bigger figure? there is also a flip down panel on the side, to view a window where you can see gears??

any clues?

pics

f603e5dd.jpg

f603e5df.jpg

f603e5e0.jpg

f603e5e5.jpg

TM

only problem with the he-man therory is it holds 3 3/4 inch figure in the cockpit, i also thought about the later scifi'ish heman line also to big, plus its dated 1983.

TM

@lol@ That's just too funny!

I know for sure its not anything He-man.

A quick google for Creata international comes up with a company that makes wooden retro boardgames and such. :huh:

That thing looks REALLY familiar but I can't come up with any names...

I know! for the life of me i know it cant be the only one in existance?? can it? maybe i'll put it on ebay "RARE unknown toy from 1983, one of a kind!"

like i said i cant bring myself to get rid of it, till i know what it is. i wanna see the figures that went with it and if there are anymore vehicles like this, it's really not something i would collect but it would be cool to see what it was and what went with it and know what this things story is. ....ya know?

TM

only problem with the he-man therory is it holds 3 3/4 inch figure in the cockpit, i also thought about the later scifi'ish heman line also to big, plus its dated 1983.

It looks like the 'saddle' part would hold a He-Man figure perfectly, though...

It's part of a series of three vehicles which came out in about 1984 or 85. I have all three of them. Can't remember the name of them but as far a I know only three were released - the one you have, one with a long brontosaurus neck and a bizarre beaked head with antenna and a third one which had another long neck and a head like a tyrannosaurus. The picture on the box showed that they could be used for both Masters of the Universe figures and 3 3/4 figures. I guess they were trying to come up with a universal type toy which could be used with a variety of figure lines. I remember the Toy City which I bought them at had dozens of them for only $9.99 each. When I went back a month later all of them were gone. I still have mine and have them covered with Rebel commandos.

It's part of a series of three vehicles which came out in about 1984 or 85. I have all three of them. Can't remember the name of them but as far a I know only three were released - the one you have, one with a long brontosaurus neck and a bizarre beaked head with antenna and a third one which had another long neck and a head like a tyrannosaurus. The picture on the box showed that they could be used for both Masters of the Universe figures and 3 3/4 figures. I guess they were trying to come up with a universal type toy which could be used with a variety of figure lines. I remember the Toy City which I bought them at had dozens of them for only $9.99 each. When I went back a month later all of them were gone. I still have mine and have them covered with Rebel commandos.

got any pic's of the others????? so what your saying is this was basicly a knock off item then? did'nt have a story and no figures! 9 years to find out i have a Generic piece of crap!!! D'oh!

TM

That thing looks REALLY familiar but I can't come up with any names...

Same here man, I got nothing.

hehe! it could be?? hey wait a minute...you tryin to tell me something?

;)

but what it really is is this

megadons_2_crop.jpg

yep its a generic piece of crapola! oh well.

thanks goes out to crimson of the google board for the link

TM

At the height of the 80's action figure craze many weird toys came out of left field to be used with many different lines.I remember back around 85 there was this small thing that pulled a round rotating jail type thing behind it.I always thought it was kind of cool.I remeber the box saying something like can be used with Super Powers,GiJoe,Secret Wars,Star Wars,ect,ect.Anyone else know what I speak of?

hehe! it could be?? hey wait a minute...you tryin to tell me something?

;)

but what it really is is this

megadons_2_crop.jpg

yep its a generic piece of crapola! oh well.

thanks goes out to crimson of the google board for the link

TM

Yeah, I remember seeing that box as a kid. Back when we had a Gibson's before Wal-Mart killed it off. Or was it at Winn's? Ah well, Wal-Mart killed em both.