What Are The Rarest/most Expensive

DPrime

Just wondering. I'm talking loose, mostly, but I was wondering what your thoughts were.

I'm mostly talking about the '80s stuff, too. But then again, all the '97 stuff seems pretty pricey, as well. I wonder why...

how about that unrelease Ninja Commando 5 pack. I saw it going for $12,000. thats alot of grape soda and chocolate donuts.

I would only count stuff that us collectors even have a chance of getting.

Pimp daddy Destro and Ninja Commandos are figures we will NEVER get.

So as far as stuff that you could grab on the pegs or mail order (complete):

Starduster

Gold Steel Brigade

Hardtop

Payload

Crimson Venom Cycle

Crimson Treadfire

Desert Battle Blitz

Ice Sabre

Quickstrike

Vapor

Decimator

1994 Joes (easy to get but had low low production runs. I'll bet in 5 years these will be completely dried up into collectors collections)

2003 RAHSC- Again only released on teh internet LOW production run...etc etc. Serpentor, Shock Viper, Tomax, Xamot, Shipwreck, Sidswipe, Lifeline, and ummmm...errrr....)

HERD TO GWET COMPLETE DUE TO MICS:

Lifticket

Heavy Metal

Avalanche

The Action Force/European repaints are getting reeeally rare! I've been working on getting them for about 4 years and I still only have the most common ones. Amongs these Euro ones, here's the hardest to find (in my experience, anyway. I still don't have them):

Moondancer (grey Shortfuse) complete/non-faded

Dolphin (grey Zap) complete/non-faded

Gaucho (Gung-Ho repaint) complete/UNbroken (I've NEVER seen one with the backpack!)

Mutt repaint complete/unbroken

Tiger Force Blizzard complete

The Action Force/European repaints are getting reeeally rare! I've been working on getting them for about 4 years and I still only have the most common ones. Amongs these Euro ones, here's the hardest to find (in my experience, anyway. I still don't have them):

Moondancer (grey Shortfuse) complete/non-faded

Dolphin (grey Zap) complete/non-faded

Gaucho (Gung-Ho repaint) complete/UNbroken (I've NEVER seen one with the backpack!)

Mutt repaint complete/unbroken

Tiger Force Blizzard complete

The Gaucho has been a biatch since the late 90's. I had one with the pack, one out of about 5 I can across in my posesion.

Draven

I still say that any rarest Joe figure list should contain all of the following:

Gold Head Steel Brigade

Starduster VA

Create a Cobra

Mickey Mouse Cobra Commander

Hardtop

Payload V1

Rumbler

'97 Rock and Roll (black skin)

A few figures have really rare accessories, but the figures themselves aren't hard to find.

Wave 5 of the ARAHC (Serpentor, Shock Viper, et al) probably only had around 3,000 units of each figure produced. In terms of production numbers, they are probably the rarest retail released Joes out there. However, as they were all bought by collectors, the prices for them aren't truely indicative of their rarity. The same is true of Convention pieces.

If you add in foreign items, the second series Argentine figs (Manleh, Shimik, et al) and some of the early Funskool variants are incredibly hard to find. Most of the other foreign stuff is rarer than American figures, but not impossible to find.

MOC stuff is a whole different ballgame, too, as certain figures tend to be more common than others mainly due to popularity, etc.

I would agree that most of the '94 Joe stuff was underproduced. However, a lot of it ended up in toy dealer overstock so it's still out there MOC or mint and complete. That doesn't mean the figures are easy to track down as guys like the Lunartix and Power Fighter figs only had around 10,000 units of each produced. (As a note, the '94 Ozone only had 1/2 that as he was only 1/case.)

Tracking down all the Joes is a daunting challenge that can take years. But, that's the fun part of collecting. It's when you have to hunt far and wide for new retail releases that it gets tiring! :)