Batman Social Studies Progect Help

lemonik

Can you be more specific? What aspect of Batman is this about?

Arch

I'd suggest that you do some research on the internet. That would be much better than anyone here telling you the history of the character - it's possible that you might be interested to learn more about him and start reading comics, buying toys, etc.

Good luck with your project.

I would go on the angle how Batman was created by tragedy and Bruce took that and became oriented on a positive goal. He did this so no one would have to feel the pain that he did. He also had the power finacially to do so, but it was his heart and his pain that motivated him to do something postive for mankind. Just my 2 cents.

Arch

Whoa- waitaminute. Do you mean a model for a paper or an actual physical model, like a poster? My last post was for the former, but as for the latter, I would just keep it simple. I would have one those pieces of posterboard that is folded so it's in 3 peices so it's self standing. I would have a few pictures and a few pieces of paper that outline your project. Another couple of cents. Hope it helps, and good luck on your project.

Arch

i already have the poster board done i have a timeline some history and a skyline of gotham. i just dont know what to do as for like a physcal model, you knowl ike a paper naiche model of the ark if you were doing your report on noah.

I'd make a bat-signal. Use a lantern and some paint and boom! Instant bat-signal.

Arch

A project due tomorrow ( left it to the last minute????) on a subject that you need "ideas" for , form other people??

Look , whatever happened to the healthy notion of using your own imagination and initiative?? You'll LEARN MORE that way.

The whole point of the assignment is for you to use your OWN ideas, and to do so in budgeted time so as to deliver a well-done project. Leaving it until the last minute makes for only a half-assed job. You can build upon doing assignments like this over and over again, it will form life-long habits that translate into skill-sets that will give you an edge over the other guy--especially when it comes to getting and keeping a job.

You certainly are not going to learn useful life-skills doing it your way.

I won't apologize for being harsh--you've essentially failed the whole point of the assignment at this point.

But its okay to ignore what I say, you get to learn this all yourself--the hard way, most likely.

what grade level is this for?

if you want a 3d thing to add interest to your 2d presentation, most things relative to batman would be pretty labor intensive (like say a model of the batcave made out of paper mache), and like "ARROW" said, you've kind of dug yourself a hole by postponing this.

BUT, we've all been there, so if you just need -something- maybe a "batarang" made from card board or foam or something? Or if you dont have to actually make it (depends on the assignment) you could use some commerically made batman memorabilia that you allready have (like an action figure or some comic books or something).

if you've got all weekend, i'd aim high and try to make a scale model of the bat cave. there's been several different layouts over time, but there have also been several different cross-view drawings made that you could probobly find on the internet to work from.

some foam core/card board, some paper mache, maybe some print outs from the computer, craft paint...pull it in for less than $10 (depending mostly on what you can scavenge around your house as opposed to buy)