Gi Joe 37

flint069

and correct me if im wrong wasnt bludd already an amputee see v1 figure right hand only has three fingers>>

It's a common misconception, but Bludd's first figure is actually wearing a blast-shield gauntlet. Such armored protection have mitten-type gloves that group the fingers into three sections. The reason he wore it was because the hand cannon he had in his first incarnation has a backblast that would fry his arm when fired. The vents on the armor provide ventilation (duh) for his arm after a shot has been fired.

It was molded in one piece, most likely, to offset the extra applications on Destro (the vac-metalized chrome), much like Snake-Eyes was molded in black to off-set the paint applications of the rest of the set.

What about Lady Armada? Something strikes me as odd about her in the past few issues.

- Zarana has been gone awhile, back to Chicago?

- Zanya is mentioned coming back into play in this issue. So far though she doesn't appear to have the disguise background the rest of her family does; just a brawler.

Sure, Bludd wasn't really sporting a cyber-arm on that first figure - but you can bet that Brandon Jerwa had his hand cut off so he'd be sporting one in the comic - as an homage to our collective misconception about Bludd early on.

I guess this is an example of art imitating life.

I always gave him "super strength" in that arm as a kid. And "bullet-proofness." He was like "Thunderpunch Bludd."

Of course, he also has good reason to hate Rey now, and it established Rey as a bad-arse.

Oh, I forgot one more wild-card person... that shrink interrogating CC... that's someone in disguise, for sure.

Oh, I forgot one more wild-card person... that shrink interrogating CC... that's someone in disguise, for sure.

meet zanya everyone. sticking close to her daddy. im surprised most of you give jerwa credit on this. this story has been solved and is beyond any chances of being saved. hes a hack.

I absolutely LOVED this issue. Seeing Storm Shadow actually made me raise my fist and cheer. I want to SS do his own thing with his own motives for a while. People tend to forget that he's had almost the same type of life Snake Eys had as far as tragedy and such.

Zartan and CC HAVE switched places and when it's revealed, CC is going to take down the traitors in the organization.

Brandon Jerwa is the greatest thing that ever happend to that book. He tells a story, builds the plot and keeps you guessing. I like the nw Wraith charachter, but HATE the fact he trounced Snake Eyes like that. I have a feeling that was out of Jerwa's control due to the marketing potential to ne had with Habro and future toy properties.

Like it or not, at least with Reloaded/Rebordn the writers got to start fresh and make CC the way he should have been from day one. Brandon got stuc holding the bag when he picked the book up having to make him more of credible threat.

Great job Brandon! You do The Hama justice.

Brian

I got #37 yesterday and I loved it, this has got to be Jerwa's best issue since he has taken over the book. I can't wait to see what will happen next month.

General Ray is one bad mother but I sure that he is Serpentor or at least a Serpentor clone. I also like the new 12 man team, it is a pretty nice mix of Joes. I hope that they keep the team small for a while after all G. I. Joe is supposed to be an elite team.

Does anybody else think that Zanya is Dr. Edmonds and that she is keeping en eye on CC (who I still think is Zartan)? I mean if her dad and Aunt are masters of disguise why should she be.

I was also wondering who this "Action Man / Tracker" guy is, any suggestions?

^ Oh, I figured that there was more to it that that. I just looked up Tracker on YoJoe.com and I remember the figure but I didn't know what his name was. It also says that the mold was used the make the Night Force Action Man figure which explains the 'Action Man' thing, that's pretty funny when you think about it.

I'm guessing that whoever killed Tracker is taking out Joe members one by one. And since Tracker isn't I well know of popular Joe (since I hid know idea who he was) he was the first to go. I wonder who will be next on the hit list?

I'm guessing that whoever killed Tracker is taking out Joe members one by one. And since Tracker isn't I well know of popular Joe (since I hid know idea who he was) he was the first to go. I wonder who will be next on the hit list?

I am assuming that it is Burnout. Barrel Rolls brother geats weeded out of Joe, turns to Dreadnoks and needs to prove loyalty. Just a hunch.

I had to laugh when I read the following dialog bubble.

cc to lady jaye - "I hear your man flint had quite an intersting time withe the Baroness while they were prisoners togeather. Has he been requesting the black wig and glasses at home these days?"

I think flints a baby daddy :unsure:

well thanks to flint or destro we now know to use a trojen "AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE"

I had to laugh when I read the following dialog bubble.

cc to lady jaye - "I hear your man flint had quite an intersting time withe the Baroness while they were prisoners togeather. Has he been requesting the black wig and glasses at home these days?"

I think flints a baby daddy :unsure:

well thanks to flint or destro we now know to use a trojen "AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE"

I don't think Flint is a daddy. Nothing happened between Flint and Baroness when they were captured. Baroness was just being a B$#@% to LJ by insinuating they messed around. This is probably just a running gag.

Would open up alot of worms if this is the case and would be neat but Jerwa didn't leave the story open to interpritation that they could of messed around.

I'm guessing that whoever killed Tracker is taking out Joe members one by one.  And since Tracker isn't I well know of popular Joe (since I hid know idea who he was) he was the first to go.  I wonder who will be next on the hit list?

I am assuming that it is Burnout. Barrel Rolls brother geats weeded out of Joe, turns to Dreadnoks and needs to prove loyalty. Just a hunch.

Killing off Joes is fine by me.Kill off as many as you want Jerwa.If it's Blackout great but isn't he in Army custody at the moment??BTW Blackout is a sniper and snipers do their shooting from a distance. The killer did it point blank.Of course as I've said before I'd be cool with it if it was him but who is he working for??The Commander is locked up(or we are lead to believe),Doesn't seem like Destro's style but he has been using Wraith to take people out,and Serpentor is now in the hands of the US government.

Black Out has no ties to the Dreadnoks so I'm ruling Zartan(Commander)out.What about Overlord???Whats his new role in everything???

Black Out taking out former Joes.Turning him into a Joe killing seriel killer sounds really cool.

I can't believe that they actually made Action man Tracker, I thought this was supposed to be a new guy.

I was also wondering who this "Action Man / Tracker" guy is, any suggestions?

He is (was) Tracker.

He isn't (wasn't) Action Man. #US1#

Well it has been a while since I have followed the joe story, I just was not happy with how the characters were being used.

Now after reading this latest issue of GI joe, I'm really impressed with how the story and characters are growing.

But have one question about my favorite character of the story; ZARTAN.

What is the deal with the gas mask. is this a new costume change due to his skin condition?

Now after reading this thread I learned that Zartan and CC have switched places.......this is nothing new for them for Zartan explained to Fred 7 in the G1 years that many times he wore the CC outfit...even went as far as saying that he owned most of Cobra in the first place and that the real CC was incompitant....this is how he knew Fred 7 was impersonating CC.

Ok now back to the present. The gas mask thing I think is cool it really puts more mystory to the guy but now I'm wondering if it be cause it is CC in that Zartan out fit and Hence the Gas Mask.

Any how weather it is for CC or if it a new Zartan thing I would really like to know more about (story wise ) why Zartan now wears a gas mask.

Also if any one from Hasbro is reading this Please make the next Zartan action figure you guys bring out for 2005 look like this (Zartan in the comic) this is a really cool look and maybe I just might get back into buying joes.....but only if there is a cool Zartan.

WOW! Just read it finally and I was blown away! Best issues in a while and my doubts about this story arc are gone!!!! Its clear this 12 thing is not permanet and the twelve they did pick are a interesting group! And I want a Grand Slam like that now! lol

But the thing for me is, we may finally be seeing Storm Shadow's return to the sides of Joe. Its gonna happen at some point and I am wondering if it has a long time ago and he;s just working under cover for Duke. This would also let Slash and Slash get the main Cobra Ninja spots. Overall great stuff! Bring on the next issue.

Draven

On joesightings.com, they show a 5 page preview for comic #38. It looks awesome, and Duke says " You're with the good guys now Tommy and we don't shhot cops. If you're going to be serious about making changes, you'd better figure out which game face you're wearing." So it looks like StormShadow might actually be good again, and I will get to see it. HopefUlly that is.

Someone should post the link to the 5 page preview or make a new thread about it.