Anyone Else Miss The Jl 2 Packs?

Y2Bogus

My local KB just put up some of their older JL backstock, and among them were the old Justice League 2 packs with Batman/Superman and Superman/Luthor. I picked up the Luthor set so I would have a Luthor MOC.

It struck me that having villains(and unpopular heroes) in 2 packs was such a great idea if implemented properly. Having the Luthor set short packed was a mistake, but if packed evenly with another 2 pack with a villain, it would be a great way to improve the distribution of villain characters. This would of course be in addition to the single carded line where the popular characters would still rule the shelves.

I know that the new JLU 3 packs will be out soon, but the thought of bare figures with no accessories bothers me a bit. Having theme 2 packs with a Hero and Villain for the same $12.99 that the original 2 packs sold for would be a great way to get us some more villains, but it would also cut the knees out from under the artificially inflated scalper prices.

Who here wouldn't buy a Flash/Grodd set? Or a GL/Grundy? What about Superman/Darkseid, Martian Manhunter/Humanite, GL/Star Sapphire, Wonder Woman/Cheetah, Hawkgirl/Copperhead.

And since the 2 packs would be in a different assortment than the single carded figures, they could be ordered independently to meet demand, rather than having to put up a case of variants to get 1 or 2 villains.

That is a great idea! I really like the animated figures, but sometimes I find it hard to shell out 6-8 bucks for one little guy with a whole bunch of armor i won't ever use. The 2 packs are a great idea and I am looking forward to the JLU 3 packs, but this no accessories deal has me a little worried. Why would the ship a Green Arrow without his bow and arrows?!

Arch

I was thinking the same thing not to long ago. This would be a great way to get the Injustice Gang, and it would be a good way to test the water for Mattel by using existing figures like Ultra-Humanite, lex Luthor and the Joker from the Animated Batman 2 packs. assuming they do this they would probably drop Star Sapphire and Cheetah from the gang because women and bad guys don't sell, a female villain would be a double death to them... @grumpy@ but at least we would get Shade Grundy and Copper head...

copperhead.jpg

shade.jpg

grundy.jpg

http://www.joeacevedo.com/docs/customzone/...ubledealer1.htm

http://www.2dtoys.com/

Those are sweet pics...

I just found the new martian Manhunter and Green Lantern figures today. The Cyber Traker ones. I'm glad I waited to pick up this line until there were more figures and more articulated ones. Now I have a good bunch of them (except for Hawkgirl & Lex).

I haven't taken them out of package just yet but, I'll check on that! I had always thought MM was taller than Batman, at least. I don't know about Superman though.....

In the Justice League cartoon Martina Manhunter is taller than everybody else, maybe he could be like 6'6" or so in the real life, taking the fact that Batman, according to the cartoon is 6'3 (which is not accurate, he is suposed to be like 6'1 or 6' in the comics) and Superman is 6'4"

Now, if you take that in consideration, you get fairly accurate toys.

Some more cool JL/JLU custom made figures:

(and Batman, Superman, and Batman Beyond)

From the same site.

http://www.2dtoys.com/

Click on the group along the top, then click on the character you want on the side.

I was blown away by his Copperhead, Grodd, and Solomon Grundy. Check out the Batman Beyond section for Spellbinder and Shriek, two BB villains I definitely thought deserved figs.