Should Alternators Get Militarized?

DPrime

Should Alts expand to include military vehicles?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should Alts expand to include military vehicles?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Hey just wondering... What with Shockwave released, so far we're only getting Decepticons who were either a car (or jeep) or 'different' alt modes (you know, the weird ones like a space gun or panther).

Makes me think they might be saving the "big guys" for something else. What do you think?

I say a big NO

why?

Alternators/Binaltech is meant to be a NEW line where old characters have been given new bodies which have been supplied by real car manufacturers.

if you want tanks and planes and all of that stuff, then i suggest that they should be put in a line that is a real scale line modeled straightly after G1 alt forms.

Alts/BTs are meant to be cars.

In BT/Alt line or in another, it doesn't matter to me. I want jets, tanks, and also contructicons etc...

Yeah, who cares what it was MEANT to be, it's not like they can't change it.

if you want tanks and planes and all of that stuff, then i suggest that they should be put in a line that is a real scale line modeled straightly after G1 alt forms.

That would be great, but it's not going to happen anytime soon, what with Megatron's gun regulations problem. Right now, this is the best we've got, so I say, milk it!

Since when were Alternators meant to ONLY be cars?

If Takara/Hasbro can make the deals to make realistic non-cars, especially if it meant figures that more closely resembled G1 characters, people would be against it?

I'm surprised at the amount of people who ONLY want cars too. Especially given the fact that a lot of these people are the same ones who complain about Ravage, Grimlock and Shockwave having car alt-modes.

I just think that the Alternators line is starting to get a bit boring. I mean, it's great if they do all the G1 cars, but if they start doing too many Decepticons (like Seekers) as cars I'd be pretty annoyed.

This is the best line of TFs to date - OF COURSE they should branch out. And I guarantee that if they did, once you all started to see the pics all you naysayers would be eating your words!

YES, I think they should to a degree. Jets are too big 1/24 scale but smaller tanks, howitzers, and helicopters would not be too big in 1/24.

YES, I think they should to a degree. Jets are too big 1/24 scale but smaller tanks, howitzers, and helicopters would not be too big in 1/24.

Well, I would think the jets, for example, would be to scale with ROBOT mode and not vehicle mode. If they did a realistic G1 Soundwave it would be like having the WST version standing next to the other Alternators (actually worse). That would be stupid.

Why would it be assumed the larger vehicles would be to scale with vehicle mode?

I really don't care, but I dont epect them to be made, since alt/ BT was meant as a car to bot line.

As I said before, when/where was it said it was MEANT to be car line? Even HASBRO was asking if we wanted to see non-cars.

I think we will see non-cars, just not for some time.

As I said before, when/where was it said it was MEANT to be car line? Even HASBRO was asking if we wanted to see non-cars.

I wonder if they'll just integrate the Alternator designs into the movie... I mean, they look realistic enough.

And thank you for bringing that up - I had forgotten about Hasbro asking the fans about that.

I wonder if they'll just integrate the Alternator designs into the movie... I mean, they look realistic enough.

And thank you for bringing that up - I had forgotten about Hasbro asking the fans about that.

I'm inclined to think no, cause then the fans will EXPECT to see toys "based on the movie" and Hasbro might not be ready to release such toys by the time the movie comes out. But then, THAT is still a long way off.

but they will most likely have a tf movie line :P

The scale will be wacked when it comes to jets/planes

I would like to see a detailed jet, but will they use old 1970ish - 1980ish jets or the new 2005-6 F22 Raptor?

They dont release new planes every year you know :P

I'd think the new military vehicles would probably be classified in someways. The older jets might not have as much to worry about.

Depends... there's some secret fighters out there, as we've learned with the Stealth Fighter and Bomber... but the F-35 JSF is pretty well known. It's appearance isn't classified, that's for sure.