New Rx-8 Pics, Shockwave!!

Mike

How many retools are we getting in this line? This is really getting out of hand.

ITS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN @firedevil@

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G1 ended a long time ago. If you want g1 figures you can get them on ebay or at garage sales.

Alternators has G1 homages. Almost every new line has. I miss the concept of "Robots In Disguise" but I still love the new stuff as well. And EVERY Alternator besides Deadend has been a straight out homage. Including Grimlock, Ravage, AND Wheeljack. Despite being different or the way you'd PREFER him, he still resembles his G1 self. So does Grimlock(sword, silver/grey, body), and Ravage(colorscheme, head). Just because one is a homage doesn't means it need to be exactly the same as the original.

...and what general rule? The only rule about Alternators I know is that they transform from car to mech and back.

Alternators are more than homages - they ARE the same characters. And no, none of them are exactly the same, but they retain the qualities that characterized them back in G1. I just think that Wheeljack is getting the short end of the stick, and would look a lot better if they had designed him from the ground up.

They should leave the remolds for Decepticons, or those few Autobots that were remolds in the original line. Wheeljack is getting the shaft.

G1 ended a long time ago. If you want g1 figures you can get them on ebay or at garage sales.

Alternators has G1 homages. Almost every new line has. I miss the concept of "Robots In Disguise" but I still love the new stuff as well. And EVERY Alternator besides Deadend has been a straight out homage. Including Grimlock, Ravage, AND Wheeljack. Despite being different or the way you'd PREFER him, he still resembles his G1 self. So does Grimlock(sword, silver/grey, body), and Ravage(colorscheme, head). Just because one is a homage doesn't means it need to be exactly the same as the original.

...and what general rule? The only rule about Alternators I know is that they transform from car to mech and back.

Alternators are more than homages - they ARE the same characters. And no, none of them are exactly the same, but they retain the qualities that characterized them back in G1. I just think that Wheeljack is getting the short end of the stick, and would look a lot better if they had designed him from the ground up.

They should leave the remolds for Decepticons, or those few Autobots that were remolds in the original line. Wheeljack is getting the shaft.

Hear, hear!!

#US1#

They should leave the remolds for Decepticons, or those few Autobots that were remolds in the original line.

Even though I like the Alt Wheeljack (yeah it could be better but...) I'd have to agree with you.

As for me, I have exactly -zero- problem with Starscream being a car, nor do I dislike the concept of 'Street Seekers':

Yes, but would would prefer to see Starscream as a jet if you could?

I have multiple Starscreams as jets around here. The other "well-knowns" have tried on different clothes, why should Starscream be stuck with that one? :)

Would I buy an "Alternators Jet" on down the line? Sure. Would I buy Streek Seekers now? Absolutely.

Just because I have a Seeker as a car now doesn't mean I won't buy they same character as a jet later. (How many Infernoes, Starscreams, Primes and Megatrons do YOU have already?)

Good point, but what are the chances we would get Starscream TWICE in this particular line? Beast Wars did it, but I think that was different.

Also, all those Megatrons, Infernos, etc. were NOT the same character (except the Beast Wars ones), but different ones with the same name across different lines. Even though Armada Prime and Energon Prime are the same character, it is STIll two different lines.

Do you guys honestly think if we see Starscream as a car we will also see him as a jet later on?

Nice idea DLP From cars to jets ! I like! Then they could even put out the cars again repainted & as Seeker clones or drones or whatever. I mean its not like starscream would just let them go to waste eh?

Grimlock's body actually RESEMBLES his G1 body.

Shockwave works because his bot body resembles his G1 bot body.

The only thing about either Ravage or Wheeljack that even REMOTELY looks like them are their heads. "Popular G1 character" does NOT automatically equal "SUPER COOL ALTERNATOR CHARACTER".

From the beginning of the BinalTech backstory, it was made clear that it was supposed to be an alternate continuation of G1.

The Decepticons unleashed "Cosmic Rust" on the Autobots, and it destroyed their bodies. The humans of Earth created BinalTech and built new bodies FOR THE AUTOBOTS.

Then the fans whined about having no Decepticons in the line, and voila! Enter Dr. Archevil and Starscream to steal the tech and experiment with it on Dead End. (obviously stealing Sunstreaker's new body for their tests, as well, but that's a whole other thing.)

The "general rule"--up until Ravage--has been realistic 1:24 scale car alt-modes, and robot modes that closely mimicked their G1 versions. With the exception of the Decepticons who were added to the line as an afterthought because of the aforementioned fan whining.

If you want completely non-G1 Transformers, go collect RiD, Armada and Energon (oh, wait.. that last one mostly looks like G1.. better avoid it, too). And let's not forget Cybertron...

BT/Alts were entirely intended to appeal to the G1 fanboy in us. If you cannot see or accept that, you are in serious denial. (Of course, that much is evident in your continued rantings that "G1 is dead and gone". Anybody with working eyes and a partially-working logic-center can see that clearly is NOT the case.)

As for me, I have exactly -zero- problem with Starscream being a car, nor do I dislike the concept of 'Street Seekers':

Yes, but would would prefer to see Starscream as a jet if you could?

I have multiple Starscreams as jets around here. The other "well-knowns" have tried on different clothes, why should Starscream be stuck with that one? :)

Would I buy an "Alternators Jet" on down the line? Sure. Would I buy Streek Seekers now? Absolutely.

Just because I have a Seeker as a car now doesn't mean I won't buy they same character as a jet later. (How many Infernoes, Starscreams, Primes and Megatrons do YOU have already?)

Good point, but what are the chances we would get Starscream TWICE in this particular line? Beast Wars did it, but I think that was different.

Also, all those Megatrons, Infernos, etc. were NOT the same character (except the Beast Wars ones), but different ones with the same name across different lines. Even though Armada Prime and Energon Prime are the same character, it is STIll two different lines.

Do you guys honestly think if we see Starscream as a car we will also see him as a jet later on?

Odd.. seems to me that we're not only getting TWO Starscreams in Energon, but two Megatrons, as well. (yeah, I know one is "Galvatron", but the only real change is his name)

And lets not forget Demolishor/Demolishor and Cyclonus/Snow Cat (same characters, two different forms).

Oh, and if you want to talk BinalTechs... I believe Smokescreen now has a clone with a shoulder launcher. *gasp* TWO of the same character in the BT line! (and they're not even different forms)

If HasTak sees money in the idea, there's no reason to believe they wouldn't release the same character with two different forms in BT/Alternators.

Odd.. seems to me that we're not only getting TWO Starscreams in Energon, but two Megatrons, as well. (yeah, I know one is "Galvatron", but the only real change is his name)

Well, to be fair, you are talking about repainted versions of the same toy, though. Doesn't really count...

Well, to be fair, you are talking about repainted versions of the same toy, though. Doesn't really count...

Same goes for all those versions of Alternator Smokescreen.

Energon is geared towards kids, what with the cartoon and everything.

But Alternators are geared toward the adult collectors (more so than the kids). And, not only are adult collectors more "selective" in what they buy, but the Alternators are roughly DOUBLE the price of most Energon or Universe toys. Those two (among other things) means, IMO, that Hasbro and Takara have to be a little more careful about the product.

And, as you pointed out, it is probably why we HAVEN'T seen any other vehicle-mode Decepticons yet.