New Rx-8 Pics, Shockwave!!

Mike

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Swindle had an autobot symbol, autobot numberplate, etc etc. They work on the details later. The test shot is just to get a general idea

There's a rather large (and expensive) difference between a sticker, and a finished, prodution-line -heat stamped- symbol.

I don't see why HasTak would go to the expense of heat-stamped Autobot symbols on a test-shot/proto..?

Yes, the head and cannon hand are obviously real, solid objects.

And Swindle had red 'Con symbols.

Oh, and it isn't an electronically-lighted eye. It's purple light-piping (that triangle in the top of the head).

I was wondering if the head was just taken off another version, but it hasn't, as far as I can tell.

I'm actually pretty pumped for this one. It looks really good... I really don't care at all that he turns into a car, as he looks very G1 to me.

NOOOOOO!!!! @loll@ DAMN IT!!

I don't know which is worse. The fact that they made Shockwave a car, or the fact that I will stop at nothing to buy it. @grumpy@

Why, Shockwave! WHY!!

Because he's a popular character who was in G1. That ought to be fairly obvious.

NOOOOOO!!!! @loll@ DAMN IT!!

I don't know which is worse. The fact that they made Shockwave a car, or the fact that I will stop at nothing to buy it. @grumpy@

Why, Shockwave! WHY!!

Because he's a popular character who was in G1. That ought to be fairly obvious.

Doh...I know Hasbro wants to make all popular character from the 80's into Alternators, but Shockwave? A car? I'm still getting over Grimlock.

Doh...I know Hasbro wants to make all popular character from the 80's into Alternators, but Shockwave? A car? I'm still getting over Grimlock.

Yes, Shockwave, a car. Just .like Grimlock. Just like Ravage. Why is it so hard to deal with? Youd think an AU would make such concepts easier to accept. I see no reason for the concept of Ravage, Grimlock or Shockwave as cars to be an issue because I accept the context this toyline is supposed to be founded in.

Prefer Shockwave as a ray gun? Well youre in luck because that version of Shockwave, not to mention Dinobot Grimlock and cassette panther Ravage are still alive and well in the G1 Universe. Yes, G1 Shockwave, Grimlock, Ravage are not cars, But then again This AINT G1, so it isnt bound to adhere strictly to it's conventions. Thats the entire point alternate universes. Things dont go EXACTLY the way youre used to. Hence the word ALTERNATE.

The problem doesnt lie in Hasbro, it lies in fans who cannot veiw things in the proper intended context.

I think Shockwave being a car is less big of a deal than Ravage, or even Grimlock. I mean COME ON. He was a giant ray gun.

Besides, we all know TFs can change their alt modes with a simple Teletran-1 reprogramming...

It looks JUST LIKE Shockwave in his alt mode. In fact, this is the most 'true to G1' Decepticon they've made, so far, as far as looks go.

Yes, Shockwave, a car. Just .like Grimlock. Just like Ravage. Why is it so hard to deal with? Youd think an AU would make such concepts easier to accept. I see no reason for the concept of Ravage, Grimlock or Shockwave as cars to be an issue because I accept the context this toyline is supposed to be founded in.

Prefer Shockwave as a ray gun? Well youre in luck because that version of Shockwave, not to mention Dinobot Grimlock and cassette panther Ravage are still alive and well in the G1 Universe. Yes, G1 Shockwave, Grimlock, Ravage are not cars, But then again This AINT G1, so it isnt bound to adhere strictly to it's conventions. Thats the entire point alternate universes. Things dont go EXACTLY the way youre used to. Hence the word ALTERNATE.

The problem doesnt lie in Hasbro, it lies in fans who cannot veiw things in the proper intended context.

You go Doc!

you tell them.

i totally agree with you, yes they are supposed to slightly resemble thier G1 counterparts just so we know who they are.

but they are in new forms because that's the way the story is, plain and simple.

The blue looks purplish to m, so maybe it is a violet. Anyway, Shockwave is just wicked! Also, the gun arm are see through, maybe he will have electronics, but knowing, Takara, I doubt it.

This is one of the impressive bt des I like since it stays true to the original, yet having some changes.

BTW, does it matter if Shockwave is blue or purple since they are drawings of SW and Galvatron were they are a redish purple in one pic and bluish purple in another.

Wow...  I duno what to think about this...  Looks like he has light up electronics as well!  wow!  I wonder what that clear peice on his back is... A hidden sholder missle perhaps?

He doesn't have light up electronics. First of all you would need a place to put the battery, which the mold does not have the room for and on top of that it would raise the pricepoint of this one Alternator. Common sense would tell you the best you are gonna get it maybe lightpipeing of somekind, but no electronics.

There are also no hidden missle launchers or any hidden things on his back. It's just mistransformed. Meister has that same exact part on his back. It links the roof to the figure.

I'd also disagree with on WHY Tracks changed colors, but you seem pretty dead set that you are right and everyone who disagrees is wrong....so debateing it with you would be a exercise in futility. One thing I do agree with you about is there is BS involed in that change, but I don't think it was from the fans.

Is it a Custom? Wow that is a beauty!

Taking this a little bit personally, are we? @haha@

I never said I wouldn't buy it, and LIKE it. I just said "WWHHHYYYY!!!!"

But no, you went on a rant and talked to me like I'm some kind of idiot.

Thanks Doc. ;) You tell me.

As much as I love this thing, the only problem I have is the fact that most if not all of the Alternators transform the exact same way except for Dead End. I'd like to see just a little more creativity in terms of how they transform. But I like the idea of Shockwave being a car. Very cool.

Taking this a little bit personally, are we? @haha@

I never said I wouldn't buy it, and LIKE it. I just said "WWHHHYYYY!!!!"

But no, you went on a rant and talked to me like I'm some kind of idiot.

Thanks Doc. ;) You tell me.

When it is something he doesn't like to read, he always does.

I'm totally diggin the new colors and mold, it fits the Alt/BT story line very well. But I would like to see his arm canon with a purplish tint.

Not sure if any one knows but This very Shockwave prototype is for asle on ebay. so far the bid is up to $150.00

I like it but I'll wait till it hits the stores.

I do like this new Shockwave. Infact, it warms me up to excepting other Decepticon Alternators. I admit to passing up Dead End many times. Infact, I still don't have him. He's sitting at Wal-mart right now.

With this cool lookin Shockwave in our future, I think I would like to have a few other D cars around for him to command.

I do like this new Shockwave. Infact, it warms me up to excepting other Decepticon Alternators. I admit to passing up Dead End many times. Infact, I still don't have him. He's sitting at Wal-mart right now.

With this cool lookin Shockwave in our future, I think I would like to have a few other D cars around for him to command.

Go for it - Dead End is one COOL looking TF... I still hope they make a Sunstreaker out of him, but in the meantime he's pretty badass.