Beanie Babies Collectors Are Vicious!

Supreme Convoy

(I wasn't sure where to put this so bear with me)

While browsing around for Marvel Legends figures, I was watching these 2 ladies, the clerk and a customer, fight over a Beanie Baby. Basically what happened was the clerk tracked down a rare Beanie Baby dog and while the customer bought it she ripped off some plastic tag on the dog. Then the customer wanted her money back. This resulted in a huge arguement and I coulda sworn the clerk was going to punch her in the face.

I thought collecting Marvel Legends was a dog eat dog hobby...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Beanies have been so popular that knock-offs abound. The tags are a integral part of the value and removing means that the toys cannot be authenticated for value, and actually drop significantly in value.

Having the clerk rip off the tag is like having someone rip off the cover of a comicbook, or bending a MOC figure you've just bought. They often are totally unawares of the signifigance.

Beanies have been so popular that knock-offs abound. The tags are a integral part of the value and removing means that the toys cannot be authenticated for value, and actually drop significantly in value.

Having the clerk rip off the tag is like having someone rip off the cover of a comicbook, or bending a MOC figure you've just bought. They often are totally unawares of the signifigance.

still doesnt mean you should be nasty... there's never any excuse for that!

• 4 years later...

we are having a garage sale (sorry to all garage sale haters, i have not done one in 3 years) it is this weekend. i just came across a whole rubbermaid tote of beanies. i would wager a guess that the majority of them are retired since i have not bought one in a good 8 or 9 years. but i am wondering if i would get more out of them at the garage sale or craigslist or maybe ebay? i would just like to be rid of them and would like to take the garage sale route. how should i price them? what do ya think?

To be honest with you, I have no clue.. You can always get an idea by going onto Ebay and looking around. Or googling it... Otherwise, I'm not sure? :unsure:

Nope, they are still out there! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I remember maybe 4 or 5 years back, the "retired" ones were going for lot of money, in some cases over $100. People were hoarding them and trying to get certain ones that might retire soon.

But now, they keep creating so many new ones all the time, that their value has gone down. I don't think people are willing to pay more than the retail price for them now.

But yeah, back then I can imagine it was pretty tense, especially when it was potential profits that they were competing for.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh? 'Cause that makes sense... :unsure: