I Thnk I Might Be Leaving Gi Joe, Yet Again!!!

Lady Jaye

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading some of the past threads on it and it's supposed to be an OVA. If that's true, hopefully it will turn into a series.

And damn, 2006? That seems like eons away.

Hopefully they're taking their time with it.

Couldn't they get Larry Hama on board? I wonder...

there's a bridge near by you somewhere use it

Christ dude, that was way out of line.

Even I dont kick someone when they're down. Maybe when they arent looking but telling that to someone who's unhappy is anathema to me, even if we HAVE butted heads. Distasteful

Go away and come back when youve learned some humanity, jerkweed.

As for Zartan and Firefly being ninjas, I dont veiw them as such. I see it as them just having a history with the clan. Firefly doesnt see himself as a ninja, he just joined long enough to upgrade his infiltration skills. You never see him do any real ninja junk. And Zartan was never a member of the clan, he just apprenticed for the swordmaker. Zarty has mad archery skills and maybe some swordsman skill, but you can learn that elsewhere. So you really dont need to worry on that issue.

Even I dont kick someone when they're down. Maybe when they arent looking but telling that to someone who's unhappy is anathema to me, even if we HAVE butted heads. Distasteful

you're sooooo cool, take your own advice.

oh yeah, there's a bridge near you somewhere, use it,

you sound like a little kid who needs a nap.

g.i.joe is g.i.joe, collect or don't, quit whining

there's a bridge near by you somewhere use it

As for Zartan and Firefly being ninjas, I dont veiw them as such. I see it as them just having a history with the clan. Firefly doesnt see himself as a ninja, he just joined long enough to upgrade his infiltration skills. You never see him do any real ninja junk. And Zartan was never a member of the clan, he just apprenticed for the swordmaker. Zarty has mad archery skills and maybe some swordsman skill, but you can learn that elsewhere. So you really dont need to worry on that issue.

Can't you just zip it please. Leave both LJ and Doc alone. You always seem to have nothing but crap to say it seems. Keep that up and you won't be here long.

Draven

Grow up kid. And learn how to use copy/paste properly while you're at it.

If you don't have anything semi-intelligent to contribute, don't speak. And certainly don't just repeat yourself, Mr. Clever.

kiss me between the back pockets. please don't make me cry

grow up

Decepticon Freedom Fighter( pc zombie)DecepticonusPrime

Mr. Clever (Draven79)

just repeat yourself

get a grip and mind your own business

the audacity of some people, the computer wars

if you take to heart what someone on a computer says, then you need some major help, why respond to that, does it make you feel like a big man, does it make you feel like you are contributing to a cause of being a authority figure

i'll tell you what, if you keep up with what i say in this forum, then you are sadder than what i thought

please just use the bridge, and don't respond to what i say

grow up

Mr. Clever (Draven79)

just repeat yourself

if you take to heart what someone on a computer says, then you need some major help, why respond to that, does it make you feel like a big man, does it make you feel like you are contributing to a cause of being a authority figure

i'll tell you what, if you keep up with what i say in this forum, then you are sadder than what i thought

Can moderators do anything about this sort of thing?

grow up

Mr. Clever (Draven79)

just repeat yourself

f75692ef.jpg

I was reading some of the past threads on it and it's supposed to be an OVA. If that's true, hopefully it will turn into a series.

And damn, 2006? That seems like eons away.

Hopefully they're taking their time with it.

Couldn't they get Larry Hama on board? I wonder...

I'd hope they wouldn't. Larry Hama did a lot for GI Joe, but I feel a fresh take would be more beneficial. My major fear is that Hama might turn GI Joe back into "Snake Eyes, featuring GI Joe"

Hey, doint diss the Hama, dude. If it wasnt for him your favorite Joe characters wouldnt be your favorite characters. Show a little respect. The man IS GI Joe. And we owe him a collossal debt of gratitude.

Spy Troops was fairly lame, but he had Hasbro breathing down his neck to dumb it down considerably for the kids. Odds are any new guy might be forced to do the same thing. Look how badly Blaydork and Jerkwa are screwing with the mythos. Deadbeat dad Destro, Fat Bazooka, favorite characters getting killed left and right, crippled Hawk, rat bastard Duke. They can't even get Doc's gender and Fireflys race right in Reloaded.

If it aint Hama, it aint real Joe.

grow up

Mr. Clever (Draven79)

just repeat yourself

f75692ef.jpg

@loll@ @loll@

Your pics rule VH!

Draven

Well, maybe if Spytroops had been successful, would we would be seeing a new cartoon sooner.

Also, I think people are a little afraid of a too "anime" look for G.I. Joe if/when they go with Gonzo.

If the VvV movie is the best the US can do, I welcome a foreign studio being contracted.

grow up

Mr. Clever (Draven79)

just repeat yourself

This crap is uncalled for. Stop it with the insults please. You do knowe that you don't have to respond to every last thing you disagree with, don't you?

Well, maybe if Spytroops had been successful, would we would be seeing a new cartoon sooner.

Also, I think people are a little afraid of a too "anime" look for G.I. Joe if/when they go with Gonzo.

If the VvV movie is the best the US can do, I welcome a foreign studio being contracted.

I'll get back to you on THAT after I watch it Saturday.

Anyone watch Megas XLR? As I understand it is an amalgamation of Western and Japanese animation styles. I think something like that could work for G.I. Joe.

I'll get back to you on THAT after I watch it Saturday.

Anyone watch Megas XLR? As I understand it is an amalgamation of Western and Japanese animation styles. I think something like that could work for G.I. Joe.

You could sort of say the same thing about the original series. Hopefully, they can make it work either way...

Hey LJ, I was where you are about two weeks ago. But I snapped out of it and have discovered how great Wave 5 is.

I've had my complaints about the new stuff. Heck, I've been downright negative at times. But when I stand back and look at the cool stuff that has come out in the new lines, it far outweighs the crap IMO. If it's a money problem for you, then yeah, go with the older stuff; it can only go up in price, and the newer stuff should be fairly easy to find for the next few years. I hope you change your mind though like I have about the new stuff. In fact, I think you will when you see Wave 5 in person...

P.S. Don't listen to the insensitive buttheads around here LJ; sad, calloused, insensitive people just want to drag others down to their level. It's more fun to ignore them... (lol)