Hasbro Reissue Astrotrain

Toilet_Head

Yeah, Hasbro was showing an Astrotrain at some shows, so they were pretty open about it being an upcoming reissue. I think it all depends on how TRU ends up after Christmas.

Then again, someone from TRU told me that the next SKUs showed Ramjet and Trailbreaker as the next reissues, so who knows?

Ramjet and Trailbreaker are after Astrotrain. Thing that disturbs me the most is that Ricochet is already out in the US, but Sideswipe seems to have been forgotten about..

Sideswipe has been spotted around and about. Or is that just in Canada? I forget

Sideswipe has been spotted around and about. Or is that just in Canada? I forget

Yep, only in Canada as far as I know.

In fact, I think I bought mine in June or early July... I've had it for a while now.

It's actually a nice change of pace, since a lot of stuff is only available in the States and I have to get it off scalpers on Ebay. GI Joe stuff, for example, is hard to find here, and some of it just isn't released at all.

cant wait for the re release of Astrotrain. I was never able to pick up the original when I was a kid.

Yeah, but I only hope they make a last minute decision to make him the original North American version rather than the white one... I mean, any of us can get that one from Takara if we really want it.

Who knows, maybe that's the reason for the delay?

It would be in their best interest to make it hte original american colors!!!

I mean, most americans want american colored transformers :D They like the ones they had when they were little, plus no one else has released the american colored version, so they would make killer sales.

Making it white and black, would just be a bad bad stupid move, when they have the oppertunity to release it in the american colors.

cant wait for the re release of Astrotrain. I was never able to pick up the original when I was a kid.

Yeah, but I only hope they make a last minute decision to make him the original North American version rather than the white one... I mean, any of us can get that one from Takara if we really want it.

Who knows, maybe that's the reason for the delay?

Not me. I already own the regular one and won't get the same thing unless they release one of the two different versions.

• 1 month later...

I got my takara re-issue astrotrain... he is nothing special... i would advise everyone of not getting him unless you need all the g1s or you actually like astro train.... he looks nothing like g1 astrotrain(except for the fact that he turns from robot to train to shuttle)... pretty disappointing

I have an original Astrotrain and I'm pretty displeased with it. I am one who loves the cartoon colors and would like to see a gray and purple Astrotrain released in the States. If they do reissue him in white and purple, I will be repainting the reissue.

If Ramjet and Trailbreaker are going to be reissued then I will be VERY HAPPY!!!

I think Hasbro is going with the white release, which means I will have to buy an original. I have the white Takara one, and I do like him, but I think we need an original colored one now.

I'd really prefer the Diaclone colors of gray and purple. I do have my paint handy, and being that I already own an original, then I will make a TRULY cartoon accurate Astrotrain.

I think Hasbro is going with the white release, which means I will have to buy an original. I have the white Takara one, and I do like him, but I think we need an original colored one now.

You can still get an e-hobby purple astrotrain. The price is a bit steep but probably not as pricey as an original G1 misb Astrotrain.

http://www.toywiz.com/trtaesh48as.html