What Will We See Next Year

xprime187

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we see some more comic packs - I can't wait to get the Oktober Guard as well as the winner of the Devilsdue comic poll, which does end today :) I hope Spirit, Cover Girl won it although the Storm Shadow would be a great addition too :)

I think we'll definitely see a Crimson TRU set (not all army builders, though) as well as the return of the V1 BAT mold. (However, I think that will end up being a Con only piece.)

Aside from that, I would expect that 1st and 2nd quarter will mostly be repaints of previous waves and re-releases of many 2004 items that didn't see full retail saturation. (Ice Sabre, etc.) I think the Joe front will strangely quiet until later in the year. Just a hunch.

yeah, those mothe f*ckers will do anyting to get money by recoloring, cheaper parts . i don't buy any of the new GI JOES. they're f*ckn cheap plastic.

PS-Thanx for the compliments Stevy Maximus. I grew up in the 80's and those figures are much better, more weapons, metal joints, single packs. These f*ckn ##$%$#s will try to make any shortcuts as possible. Hasbro's probably thinking 'Look at all those ##$%$#s that buy our half-ass made toys'.

Nice intelligent post Too Flat @rollseyes@

I tend to agree with robot sonic, considering the mess with the late spring/early summer Transformers releases this year, the first half of 2005 will be fairly quiet.

Like wave 6, I expect 7 to be predominantly recolors with the odd new figure thrown in, though I wouldn't expect too many new characters. I am still expecting a new Flint and possibly Torpedo to be in it as they are among the few movie characters not to get new figures.

Vehicles will likely be second runs of this year's assortments, of which the Ice Sabre is the most likely given its spotty distribution and heavy featuring in the movie.

But the last half of the year should be great, though.

I think we'll see mostly new characters with a few repaints. Thats the way the line has been going for quite some time so I really cant see much of a change. We know a new Mutt and snake eyes are coming(we saw both timber and junkyard at the con). Im sure we wont get the repaint/ army builder wave until late next year. Dont forget we also have the little alpha vehicles and both the bigger ones that need bigger distribution. Plus wave six wont hit mass retail until jan/feb in most parts of the country.

I think we'll see mostly new characters with a few repaints. Thats the way the line has been going for quite some time so I really cant see much of a change. We know a new Mutt and snake eyes are coming(we saw both timber and junkyard at the con). Im sure we wont get the repaint/ army builder wave until late next year. Dont forget we also have the little alpha vehicles and both the bigger ones that need bigger distribution. Plus wave six wont hit mass retail until jan/feb in most parts of the country.

I heard that wave 6 is shipping shortly but you are correct for mass distribution not until jan/feb or longer since I still have not scene wave 4 or 5! I agree we will get some more repaints but I hope we see a flint, a better gung- ho as well as a repaint of firefly would be SWEET! I guess we will have to wait and see. SE and Mutt will most likely be in the next story (following VvsV).

I agree with Card. I don't think we will see too many reused characters or repaints. The major problem with this year was, the change from Spytroops styling to V3 styling, meaning we had to see most (almost all) of the previous new sculpts replaced. Which meant fewer slots for "new" stuff until all the replacing was done.

I agree with Card. I don't think we will see too many reused characters or repaints. The major problem with this year was, the change from Spytroops styling to V3 styling, meaning we had to see most (almost all) of the previous new sculpts replaced. Which meant fewer slots for "new" stuff until all the replacing was done.

Add to that the fact that Hasbro needs slots for non-AA versions of characters released only a wave or two ago (though, I think Gung-Ho is the last for V3, assuming wave 7 doesn't have a desired AA-ified figure)

My speculation:

*All of the reissues with altered parts (like the new heads in the 3-packs) will lead to Hasbro attempting to bring back lost figures (v.1 CC, v.2 SE, v.1 BAT) at least in mutt form (different bodies, like a blue Crimson Guard body with a new head for a V.1 CC, or a new v.2 SE head on a v.3 SE body). This makes sense since they're already making new heads for the comic 3-packs anyway, so I don't see any reason for them to NOT do it.

*Vintage-style packaging. Star wars got it. The TF reissues got it at least to a degree with the choice of colors used on the boxes. Will the Joes be next? I am thinking it's possible.....

*There will be one vehicle reissue that everyone everywhere who's a Joe fan wants, and they'll make it a con exclusive that'll sell for too much money and come with quality issues like broken or missing parts.

*When the new anime cartoon debuts, I suspect the figures themselves will change direction to go with the cartoon. What that direction is remains to be seen though.

I agree with Card.  I don't think we will see too many reused characters or repaints.  The major problem with this year was, the change from Spytroops styling to V3 styling, meaning we had to see most (almost all) of the previous new sculpts replaced.  Which meant fewer slots for "new" stuff until all the replacing was done.

Add to that the fact that Hasbro needs slots for non-AA versions of characters released only a wave or two ago (though, I think Gung-Ho is the last for V3, assuming wave 7 doesn't have a desired AA-ified figure)

I was thinking about that.

Does Walmart REALLY care if a figure named Coil Crusher has bendy arms or Electric Eel has a light up feature? I doubt it.

What I think they DO want is the splash on the package proclaiming "Launcher Fires Missile" or "With Knife Slashing Action." How is a kid going to know WHICH figure has knife slashing action? How is WALMART going to know? And why would the REALLY care as long as it sells?

Look at the Kamakura vs Storm Shadow pack. It says "With Ninja Action." What the HELL does that mean? Nothing. Just that there is a ninja in the package.

I bet Hasbro could dump AA altogether by putting stupid blurbs like "With Ninja Action" on the package. I think it is these blurbs that are what Walmart wants to intice the kids into buying the product, not specifically any AA features on the product itself.

Stuff I know for sure is Buzzer, Mutt and Junkyard 2, Snake Eyes and Timber 2, MonkeyWrench, Spirit, Zanya and Bombshell. There are more that I can't mention publiclly. I think next year will be the best year since 85 for us classic RAH fans who like the new stuff!

Draven

Stuff I know for sure is Buzzer, Mutt and Junkyard 2, Snake Eyes and Timber 2, MonkeyWrench, Spirit, Zanya and Bombshell. There are more that I can't mention publiclly. I think next year will be the best year since 85 for us classic RAH fans who like the new stuff!

Draven

Bombshell?

THAT should be interesting.

I want to see some new molds of some of older RAH figures. Repaints of old scuplts are okay.

Make the Dreadnoks like the new Torch.

No more armybuilder figures though @smilepunch@ tired of looking for them.

C'mon Hasbro make some Night Vipers and Hit N Runs..oh wait I might armybuild those.

Oh and I forgot Gung Ho from wave 4 o ringed but anyone could get that one. lol

As far as the Night Viper, hasbro knows there is a fairly large love for that RAH figure and I think there is a safe bet we might see a new one by 2007.

Draven

As far as the Night Viper, hasbro knows there is a fairly large love for that RAH figure and I think there is a safe bet we might see a new one by 2007.

Draven

And in the interim, I thougt the Sand Viper mold in black and dark green would have been a nice Night Viper.

And I wonder where you have your sources, Draven @hmmm@

Any word on a new Flint and Lady Jaye? ;)

Draven

Bombshell?

I guess this means they fixed the problem with copyrighting her name, wasn't that the reason we hadn't seen her before?

well, i guess i'm forced to stay into collecting then lol.

Draven

And in the interim, I thougt the Sand Viper mold in black and dark green would have been a nice Night Viper.

And I wonder where you have your sources, Draven @hmmm@

Any word on a new Flint and Lady Jaye? ;)

Simple I have old friends and new friends and some of them pass info on to me.

As for your question, yes on Flint I forgot to mention him and nothing new on LJ as far as I honestly know.....dark repaint still might be on tap.

Draven

Draven

Bombshell?

I guess this means they fixed the problem with copyrighting her name, wasn't that the reason we hadn't seen her before?

well, i guess i'm forced to stay into collecting then lol.

Well I didn't say she still would be called Bombshell. lol But its her!

Draven

I personally never understood why so many people think the night viper is cool. I never really cared for it. It's not a bad figure, but overall there are other viper-types I liked more.

I agree. Personally, the only Vipers I'd want in my collection are 'regular' Vipers and Televipers. The other troops would be CGs, EELS, BATs and regular infantry guys.

In the coming year, that's pretty much exactly what I'd want to see - troop builders of these guys, and a continuation of comic 3-packs.

I wouldn't mind some vehicles to go with the comic guys. Maybe more reissues. Of course I'd want to see the hovercraft... maybe that little mini-tank. I don't know, whatever's appropriate.