Question For The Openers Of The Bunch.

Lady Jaye

Okay, I have been leaving the 2-packs intact, kind of a place to hold the weapons and such. Well when I opened Dart and his missle launcher and then tonight Barrel Roll, I noticed that I didn't really need the packages, and so I proceeded to cut out the file cards and the points. And having done that, I did the same with the thick cardboard file cards of the mech drivers. And now I am going to do the same with my 2-packs, kind of neat having them all in a group, being able to flip and look at all of em.

So my question is this, do you guys leave the packages intact?? If so, is it just a big mess, trying to figure out where to put all the empty boxes at??? If not, do you cut the file cards and points out??? Why???

I save the file cards, battle points and front card art.

I used to have a big box of the original file cards I could sort through, but now that they have this crappy new style, I don't bother. Now, I have Armada Unicron's box FULL of filecards, instructions books, battle points or whatever else (from both G.I. Joe and Transformers).

I think I just save them for nostalgia, especially since I have my Joes filed on computer.

I used to keep all the blister cards,bubbles,trays, and empty boxes until i started running out of room.It also doesn't take long to junk up a room with all this extra mess.I cut out file cards from vehicals but leave all 2 pack cards together as well as the 3 pack and 6 pack cards.They are easy to stack and organize that way.

What ever is easiest for you run with it.I may get around to cutting out the file cards someday in the near future.

Well, one thing I liked about the OLD file cards (speaking specifically of Cobra) is how they resembled the Joe filecards.

The Cobra Officer, for example, had a listing for primary and secondary military speciality, file name, birthplace, etc.

I didn't like how they stopped doing that, but of course, they stopped doing that in 1986, so I can't say it was just the new style.

Yeah I cut the box ones out and just save the card and file cards uncut too since I like teh artwork. That's funny you brought that up pesatyel, I was looking at the Unicron box and thinking of doing just that. lol

Draven

Yeah I cut the box ones out and just save the card and file cards uncut too since I like teh artwork. That's funny you brought that up pesatyel, I was looking at the Unicron box and thinking of doing just that. lol

Draven

Unicron's box is already pretty full. I might start having to use Omega Supreme's box too.

What's that 6-Pock Vynil Sheet thing you mentioned? It sounds interesting.

They were made for holding widevision style trading cards. But if you clip them close enough to the border you can slide them into the sleeves. You can even put them in back to back so you can see cards on the back when you turn the page.

These can be found at most places you can buy trading card supplies. I get mine at my local comic shop.

why bother cutting out the GvC/Spytroops/VvV cards?

Actually I just store the cards of RAH re-issue figures.

What's that 6-Pock Vynil Sheet thing you mentioned? It sounds interesting.

They were made for holding widevision style trading cards. But if you clip them close enough to the border you can slide them into the sleeves. You can even put them in back to back so you can see cards on the back when you turn the page.

These can be found at most places you can buy trading card supplies. I get mine at my local comic shop.

I'll have to check that out. Any idea how much they cost?

I tend to keep everything but the plastic... I keep the "card" cause I just cant seem to throw stuff away(though once I tried... but my wife thought they looked too cool all stacked up to toss)...lol... anyway, I keep them now cause the art on back... and I keep the f.cards intact and connected to te little art thingie with the two characters... but the more I read about the binder thing... I might have a whole empty binder with wide screen pages... so I might check that out... I kinda lost interest in collecting and saving them... because I'm afraid that as soon as I find a cool way to store them, hasblow will change the look AGAIN!!!

I like to keep the filecards, points, comics, and that little card art that is right in front of the figure where it says there name. The only filecards I don't keep are the ones that come with the vehicles like Ace's with the Tigerhawk because they are printed on that thick cardboard and its a hassle to cut out and it looks different from the others. On the regular stuff the only problem is getting off the tape with out leaving that sticky stuff.

Man oh man, I just finished cutting out the file cards, what a chore. I like to have em nice and neat so it took me a while!!!

I have to say, the room looks nice w/o all the packages. Much neater. And I like the file cards new look, much easier to cut out than those old ones, man I hated that lil top section, really hard to cut out straight!!!!! Plus the JvC file cards had 2 diff sizes per package, the VvV ones are all one compaq size!!!

If you guys are starting to get squeezed for room, cutting out the file cards isn't that bad. You get so much more room out of it!!!

Oh and here is another quesiton, how many of you keep all the inserts pertaining to GI JOE??? You know the instructions sheets, the sheets how to use the figures and such, do you keep em or recycle em????