What If G.i.joe Never Existed, Or Shut Down In 90'

LUCIEN GYIEL

basically what would you do, or what other toylines would you collect?

what other toylines do you think could have taken the place of g.i.joe, or would have, and finally, what would you be doing now with your time.

i know if g.i.joe never existed or was shut down in 90', i'd be rich.

oh yeah, if g.i.joe was shut down, would it still be popular like it is today, at least on an "underground" level.

just wondering

if gi joe never existed or shutdown in the 90s, well there was Transformers, i was always into that even when it was reintroduce with G2. then theres was ninja turtles, would have gotten into that. my little bro had all the figures.

I would probably be focused more on collecting Marvel Legends, or trying to complete my 5" Marvel collection

For that, I only need:

Hybrid (Planet of the Symbiotes)

Riot (Planet of the Symbiotes)

Venom Symbiote (Along Came A Spider)

Taskmaster (Marvel Gold)

Living Lazer (Iron Man very limited)

Dark Aegis (Iron Man very limited)

Captain Universe Spider-man (Strange Transformations)

Sabertooth (X-Men Battle Blasters-Canadian Exclusive)

I would have a lot more room in my room and I would have a lot more money. Darn you G. I. Joe. :angry:

J/K, I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

I would be significantly wealthier and my girlfriend would complain less. I had managed to pretty much stop collecting toys right before hasbro began to release new mold joes. Then I got back into them, started collecting RAH stuff, and it's been donhill from there. If G.I. Joe had never been "revived", most of my collecting attention would probably be focused on stikfas and anime stuff.

I'd probably also have a lot more dvd's.

STAR WARS. Plus, when you think about it, its not really the money you put into it if you collect MIB. I have boughten many gi joe items and i still see myself as having the same amount of money as i bought them with, if not more. I figure, i can always resell some of my stuff and get the same amount, if not more than what i paid for them. Thats my justification for Spending money on gi joe. ALMOST like an investment, but not really.

-saboteur

i wasnt really into star wars and man do i freakin hate transformers!!! (always have,always will?) but if gijoe never came out in 82' right now i would probably be collecting fisher price adventure people (the 3 3/4 ones from the 70's not the huge honking clunky chunky pieces of crap they make now!!) man i had alot of fun with those as a kid! those 2 constuction workers i had went through hell in my back yard... lot of cool accessories, no military stuff but i think they hade the ball joint neck like 10 years before hasbro put it on gijoes? just thinking of those figures makes me wanna go to ebay and try and find those 2 construction workers!! think i will :)

TM

well, I would be spending all my money on Legos. That's what I did last deployment. Then, I came home, and my wife had bought some of the new mold Joes. That was the beginning of the end for me. Even as a kid, if Joe had never happened, I would have collected Legos then, too. I was a builder. I like toys that let your imagination go. I think that's what I love about Joes.

i know if g.i.joe never existed or was shut down in 90', i'd be rich.

f**********ck yeah! man, i wouldn't be army building figures and vehicles. oh the money i wouldn't be spending. but, i'd still be into toys. i collect a little of almost everything. i have all my life. so even if g.i. joe never came back, or never existed, i'd still be throwing away my money on lots of toys. maybe just less, since while i do army build here and there with some other toys, i don't army build any others on the same level as joe stuff.

one thing it does make me consider though, is if that particular scale would still be my favorite to work with if g.i. joe never existed. probably not. maybe i'd favor 6".

well, I would be spending all my money on Legos.

wow, i didn't know you were into lego, ct. lego is my most favorite toy, to this day. are you still into lego, or not anymore since you focus on g.i. joe?