Did I Hear Correctly

Forcehunter

That Soundwave will not be re-released as a TRU exclusive by Hasbro? If it is so, why? I understand Megatron cause his mode represents a gun, but not Soundwave, a tape recorder. I couldn't afford him when Takara released him two months back, but now have I completely missed the boat?

Why doesn't Hasbro want to deprive me of my money?

That Soundwave will not be re-released as a TRU exclusive by Hasbro? If it is so, why? I understand Megatron cause his mode represents a gun, but not Soundwave, a tape recorder. I couldn't afford him when Takara released him two months back, but now have I completely missed the boat?

Why doesn't Hasbro want to deprive me of my money?

where did you hear it?

Aaron Archer said it at OTFCC this year. He doesn't want to do it.

He then said something about release previously unavailable stuff

My guess, we'll get Soundblaster

I doubt it. I think they were talking about Ricochet and a potentially white Astrotrain, primarily. I wonder how Ricochet did - maybe they'll change their mind.

Even if they do release Soundblaster, they'll release Soundwave at some point after. They don't mind doing repaints/remolds, as we've seen. You'll get it eventually, but remember that there's often quite a long time between the Takara and Hasbro releases (except for Stepper/Ricochet, for some reason).

WTF?! I find it hard to belive that one man alone can decide to put out a reissuse or not simply because " he does not want to do it" :S Thats just crazy! I'm glad I go with takara on my stuff anyways geez!

I doubt it. I think they were talking about Ricochet and a potentially white Astrotrain, primarily. I wonder how Ricochet did - maybe they'll change their mind.

Even if they do release Soundblaster, they'll release Soundwave at some point after. They don't mind doing repaints/remolds, as we've seen. You'll get it eventually, but remember that there's often quite a long time between the Takara and Hasbro releases (except for Stepper/Ricochet, for some reason).

He had already shown Ricochet. He was speaking in the context of other Japanese exclusives. When it happens, remeber who called it.

Regardless on whether it happens or not, it's a dumb move. They need a well-known major character in the TRU reissues line right now. They'd alienate casual buyers who would think Hasbro was pulling a fast one on them. To put some life back into the line they need to reissue Soundwave and Grimlock ASAP!

I have a feeling we're going to see a proper G1 coloured Astrotrain as well...

Regardless on whether it happens or not, it's a dumb move. They need a well-known major character in the TRU reissues line right now. They'd alienate casual buyers who would think Hasbro was pulling a fast one on them. To put some life back into the line they need to reissue Soundwave and Grimlock ASAP!

I have a feeling we're going to see a proper G1 coloured Astrotrain as well...

yeah because the well known characters are doing so well right now.. :rolleyes:

And having another astrotrain on the shelves would just be dumb.

I'm rolling with Scottie on this one and going with rare japan releases..

Didn't they say it would be too expensive? Or at least that was the excuse they've been using.

Also, I don't think we'd get Soundblaster if we don't get Soundwave since it is the same mold.

That's actually a valid excuse in this case. While I don't believe Hasbro would price something stupidly, the same cannot be said for TRU themselves.

TRU has been the ones who have doubled Hasbro's MSRP for the reissues, and I feel that it is Hasbro's concern that TRU would price Soundwave/blaster beyond the "safety" zone, TRU would likely charge $50-$60 for him.

yeah because the well known characters are doing so well right now.. 

And having another astrotrain on the shelves would just be dumb.

I'm rolling with Scottie on this one and going with rare japan releases..

What are you smoking? The well-known characters aren't out anymore. What happened to Prime? Ultra Magnus? Starscream? Hot Rod? Even Prowl, Jazz, and the first two seekers are getting hard to find.

I'm not talking about Grapple and Hoist here. Jeez...

Well, it depends. The early figures are hard to find since they were released first. For the others like Prowl and Jazz(they still have a lot at my TRU,) the line is getting old. I think ppl like that their figures are being re-released, but after a year, I guess they don't care.

That bring another story, which is why I think the japanese only come in place. One reason I think they are focusin on japanese figures is because they are "new." New is that we americans don't have them. Also, I think the greedy fans who are sellin their entire collection of their toys on ebay, complains about reissues. I know a lot of ppl complain about second runs at the mcfarlane site since they want their valueable so that they can scalpt them; I know most of the ppl here doesn't do that since we are for reissues, but some ppl believe scalping toys can be used as a way to make the dough.

By having new figures, this will help boost sells and make those ebay ppl happy.

As for soundblaster, I think he will get reissue if SW doesn't since Stepper was reissue here. Also, Soundblaster can hold more stuff than the other guy and I believe the fans will buy him up since he is SW.

We'll see. As for the guys who were planning on retiring by selling their collections on Ebay, screw 'em.

I hope they don't focus on Japanese figures too much, what with so few '84 cars to go. I also hope they're not afraid of reissuing Ratchet and Ironhide, because I want them, if only to display in alt mode.

But I don't think it's just the fact that Prime et al. were among the first reissues that makes them so hard to find. They started with the most popular guys and sort of went downhill from there. I also don't think TRU is having that much of a problem selling them or they wouldn't stock so many. They always seem to sell out of the new figures the first time they get them in - then they just buy a whole crapload more...

I hope they don't focus on Japanese figures too much, what with so few '84 cars to go. I also hope they're not afraid of reissuing Ratchet and Ironhide, because I want them, if only to display in alt mode.

I'm 100% with ya there. I would still display Ironhide and Ratchet in bot mode. I had them as a kid and broke them both. THey are cool toys nonetheless, even without heads above the windsheild. I guess its back to saving for conventions.

Hey Roddy, there's hasn't been an official "NEVER" but if I were you, I'd get the Takara version. It's still relatively easy to find and it's not going to be that much more than Hasbro if they decided to release him...

Plus, he's a cool toy and great for anyone's collection and worth the money :)

Hey Roddy, there's hasn't been an official "NEVER" but if I were you, I'd get the Takara version. It's still relatively easy to find and it's not going to be that much more than Hasbro if they decided to release him...

Plus, he's a cool toy and great for anyone's collection and worth the money :)

I'm not doubting that they won't, but I figure whichever one comes out first. I already have Soundwave and Soundblaster does seem like it would be a cool addition to my collection, but I'd still rather see more "in-toon" reissues even though Soundblaster was in Headmasters.

I'm 100% with ya there. I would still display Ironhide and Ratchet in bot mode. I had them as a kid and broke them both. THey are cool toys nonetheless, even without heads above the windsheild. I guess its back to saving for conventions.

Well, I never said it wouldn't happen. I'm sure Takara will do them at least - they already did in the other line they released before the "collection".

I think it's BS. It's not as if Prowl or Jazz's windshields will survive a drop test.

I agree.