Is Everyone Ready For Black Friday 2004???

Lady Jaye

Well since it is November decided to ask if you guys are ready for Black Friday???? I know this will be the first time I spend the holidays in a new state and collecting GI JOE again, so It will be an experience!!!

Tell me, in the past couple of years, does GI JOE stuff ever go on sale?? If so, who has had the best deals on stuff??? Hopefully since it's not considered a "hot" item we will be able to find stuff all over. How has the pickings been the last couple of years for GI JOE stuff????

Oh and do you guys drag you girls with you, or do they hit up other stores????

Oh, come to think about it, I'll be in NYC with a friend, and I know he's not going to get up, how early do the trains run the day after Thanksgiving. I want to hit up the TRU in Times Square!!!!! That will be a blast, gonna take my camera for sure!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been doing black friday (or "after thanskgiving" "early bird shopping" as i call it) for many years now. and as far as i can remember since gvc there hasn't really been any deals on joes (or any action figures for that matter). except kb's early bird deals on 12" joes for like 4.99. other than that, nada. i always wake up around 4am to do kb first. it's good for me since i collect almost all kindsa toys and i get some great deals. plus i get some barbie stuff for my girlfriend, and i handle most of the early christmas shopping for the kids of the family and family friends' kids. it's also the time i take advantage of deals on electronics (last year i got a 80 dollar portable mp3 player for my girlfriend for only 30 bucks), dvd's and cd's, which my bro and his girlfriend take care of at walmart, target and best buy, along with any additional toy deals there and early christmas shopping.

well, here's to hoping for a good black friday this year. and to hoping i have funds. ^_^

Unfortuantly No .@grumpy@ Action figures hardly every go on sale for Black Friday, unless it's something that's been sitting around forever. So unless you are actually going gift shopping, or need other stuff then action figures. son't bother going out that morning.

Really??? I know with Star Wars there can be some good deals, but like you said, mainly to get rid of old product!!!

I still plan to head down to TRU Times Square. I don't really have the money to be spending on anyhting other than toys. Everything else is probably out of my league right now, TV's Stereos, etc.

I almost got a GBA last year cause of the free game, but passed. And I passed on those super cheap DVDs Wal Mart had. Real quality I'm sure!!! @smilepunch@

ha this will be my first thanksgiving here in the US since '98

wow, where've you been?

Really??? I know with Star Wars there can be some good deals, but like you said, mainly to get rid of old product!!!

oh yeah, last year a bought a bunch of star wars episode II figures for cheap, plus lightsabers.

I almost got a GBA last year cause of the free game, but passed. And I passed on those super cheap DVDs Wal Mart had. Real quality I'm sure!!!  @smilepunch@

last-last year i got the exclusive black gba at toys r us. if they have after thanksgiving deals on the gba sp this year i might get one.

oh and the after thanksgiving dvd sales are good. last year i got the lion king special edition and matrix reloaded (both of which are 2 disc sets) for ten bucks at walmart.

Oh really?? Cool, then maybe you'll find those elusive vehicles that have been eluding you guys like the Crimson Tank set!!!

Hey when were the Mechs and the Ice Saber released??? This year, or last???

Hey when were the Mechs and the Ice Saber released??? This year, or last???

both this year. but, i haven't ever seen the ice saber here yet.

I was in the army #US1#

ahh, well than, god bless ya, man. ^_^

Then again, for some reason Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving on another day. Weird.

yeah, and i think your equivalent of black friday is boxing day.

I was in the army  #US1#

ahh, well than, god bless ya, man. ^_^

#US1# Yeah, blazer, thanks for serving!!! #US1# You and the rest of the men and women do us proud!!!!! #US1#

Don't you have boxing day after Christmas?

nope. like every other holiday we have common sales after christmas, but it's nothing like after thanksgiving. the day after thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day in the entire year. and the day after christmas is spent more returning merchandise than buying any. ;)

thanks for your service blazer, you da man and so are all the other troops.

I remember last year there was a really cheap rid constricon set, i got it cause i was starting to dabble in other toy lines, i ended up ditching the idea but still have the fig.

Cheap dvds? oh the joy. I've never been to one before, but i'm always tempted.

I do have a lot i need to buy though, before i can waste money, i've dropped my toy buying to practicaly zero.

I am ready for the most part, the fund however are not :D

I am not really looking forward to gijoe for black friday as I am for CD's and DVD's as well as other electronics like some x box games or PS2 games. I got a really good deal last year I wireless keyboard and mouse for 15.00! I was shocked when I got to Office Depot after going to Best Buy, I thought they would be out but there was not many people there. Here is hoping however that TRU has a early sale on two packs (as well as gets in the newer waves too).

nope. like every other holiday we have common sales after christmas, but it's nothing like after thanksgiving. the day after thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day in the entire year. and the day after christmas is spent more returning merchandise than buying any.

Well holy crap - you learn something new every day.

As far as I know, the term 'boxing day' comes from the fact that people box up things they didn't want and return them. The sale part is just stores getting rid of the stuff they didn't sell for Christmas. Kind of has a nice ring to it.

why's it got to be black?!?!? :D and no, definitely avoiding the malls lol.

The reason why it is called "black friday" is because retailers that could be in the red (sales wise) could potentially go back into the black.

In short red = down in sales (losing money even), black = up in sales (making profit even).

The reason why it is called "black friday" is because retailers that could be in the red (sales wise) could potentially go back into the black.

In short red = down in sales (losing money even), black = up in sales (making profit even).

Cool, though I was hoping there was some old evil legend behind it. Oh well! Thanks for the info.

why's it got to be black?!?!? :D and no, definitely avoiding the malls lol.

thanks for that, taz. i knew what it was but didn't really know how to put it in words. and i was too lazy to search for last year's thread. i'm sure it comes up every year. ;)

Well now I know and .........

hehehe...