How Many Parents Or Kids Do You See Buying Gi Joe?

Lady Jaye

It can be a little weird though when i'm buying barbie or girl's stuff, but it doesn't phase me. i'm shameless like that, i never had problems getting maxipads or tampons for girlfriends. ^_^

ROTFLMAO!!!! Wow for once a guy sisn't ashamed!!!!! Kudos to you Diesel!!!!

But ummm.. what are you doing buying Barbie's???

I remember seeing a couple kids (About 10 and 12) and their dad buying regular 12" Joes once. So I asked them what they thought of the current line and they didnt get them because they thought they looked silly. Then I mentioned how the gimmicks in the 3 3/4" line were made with THEM in mind and they thought they really didnt do much for them

So I think Hasbro's "For the kids" really means "We jave no spine and let retailers bully us". Kids dont need electronics and gimmicks. Wal-Mart may be based this on the sales of OTHER electronics toys and just painting a broad picture without REALLY understanding lines on a case by case basis.

So Sound Attack may be based more on Tamagotchi, Rescue Heroes talking toys and Leap Frog learning toys than a true assesment of what the line truly needs.

(In a Mr Burns voice) Excellent!!!!

I hope that Habro realizes that the line is really picking up, and that they need to give all they got in terms of sculpts and availability. Oh and give us some classic desighned figures.

I want to see a Lady Jaye like the cartoon!!! What is it with making the girls wear jump suits????? Give here dark army pants, a light green shirt, brown gloves, open blouse if need be, brown combat boots, and her javelins!!! Oh and no hat!!!!!!!!!!!

I always thought the javelins were kinda dumb. But I suppose it WOULD be kinda cool to see them in toy form.

It can be a little weird though when i'm buying barbie or girl's stuff, but it doesn't phase me. i'm shameless like that, i never had problems getting maxipads or tampons for girlfriends. ^_^

ROTFLMAO!!!! Wow for once a guy sisn't ashamed!!!!! Kudos to you Diesel!!!!

But ummm.. what are you doing buying Barbie's???

@loll@ Yeah I got whooped into buying them too so its nothing anymore but when I went to get a some of those WOW Lanard female sets for customs I felt really weird! @loll@

Draven

No one has asked me yet, maybe becuase they think I'm buying them for my kid or something. If they only knew I have no kids and these are for me!!!!! Ha ha!!!

LJ, just curious, how old are you if i may ask?

an average person(fellow customer, cashier) when they ask me about the joes im buying,and i say i collect them,

they too kno someone that collects joes. so it turns into an interesting conversation :D

Dude gsbr, yes or no, No need to analyze the others replies.

@loll@

But that's a great story of the kids talking Joe with you. Hope more kids get into them and then the line will really take off!!!!! Keep em interested!!!! That's the kea!!!

my best Joe story happened last Christmas. I'm browsing TRU for Joes and there is a mother and her son, couldn't have been more than 4, and she's holding the smokescreen transport for him, and he's just having the greatest time with it, pushing the buttons and using the sound attack (I don't blame him, I dig the Smokescreen myself).

mom asks him if he wants it and he says yes. then she asks him, and I quote "you want some guys to go with it." never heard Joes refered to as guys before. it was very funny. and he says nonchalantly yes. so mom picks her son up and holds him in front of the two packs so he can rifle through them. probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen, she just holds him up for like a minute until he settles for Switch Gears/Cobra Commander. smart kid, likes Joes and knew which pack to pick.

so, yes, I do believe parents do buy their children Joes, minus the analysis.

Last year at this time, I saw parents and kids buying Joes every time I went into the store. New shipments would sell out in a matter of days, regardless of which wave the figures were from.

This year, though, seems to be different. I rarely see anyone looking at Joes (though I do see lots of kids checking out the Star Wars figures) and all Joe waves, even the most recent, sit on the pegs for some time. Even popular figures and army builders sit around for a few days before they slowly get bought up by local army builders who make the rounds.

The next few weeks will be key. Last year, the aisles really heated up in later Nov. and Joes became almost non-existant at retail around here. It will be interesting to see if something similar happens this year.

my best Joe story happened last Christmas. I'm browsing TRU for Joes and there is a mother and her son, couldn't have been more than 4, and she's holding the smokescreen transport for him, and he's just having the greatest time with it, pushing the buttons and using the sound attack (I don't blame him, I dig the Smokescreen myself).

mom asks him if he wants it and he says yes. then she asks him, and I quote "you want some guys to go with it." never heard Joes refered to as guys before. it was very funny. and he says nonchalantly yes. so mom picks her son up and holds him in front of the two packs so he can rifle through them. probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen, she just holds him up for like a minute until he settles for Switch Gears/Cobra Commander. smart kid, likes Joes and knew which pack to pick.

so, yes, I do believe parents do buy their children Joes, minus the analysis.

Hey another great story!!! Hopefully they will continue buying these figures. It's the greatest way to get the line in full gear!!!

Ahh it takes me back to 1985!!!! Good times, good times!!!! All we need is a new Sunbow series that continues off where the last one ended. No GI JOE movie, that was just a dream!!!!!!

@loll@