Help With Disassembling

Crimson Twins

If you mean the v1 Hiss and you're talking about the top and bottom of the body and not the body and the tracks, the body is one piece that came preassembled.

It's like the Silver Mirage side car. You can clearly see it's two parts put together, but the way they assembled it at the factory means it's not meant to come apart. You probably could force it (the hiss body), but I wouldn't as you'll break it.

yeah... I remember my brother used to take off the tracks on hiss(<--- haa haa haa)...

there was a tab on the back I think that you push in... but other than that, I dont think the actual body comes apart... now if you're talking about the HISS 4... i'll let you know next week... got 2 coming in ona trade.

Probably the best way to take it apart is to break it.

The reason for this comes from the old plastic modelmaking school of thought.

If you bust the tabs that hold the parts together, you can always find ways to refit the separate parts and make the whole chassis even stronger than before. Just remember ONE THING--the plastic might be a very waxy type that resists crazy glues and such--so ALWAYS test it to see if the glues will work and stay on.

This takes a bit of boldness and guts to do, because if you screw it up, you are out a HISS. The easiest way to master the techniques is to get a old junked HIS toy and practise on it before you try it on your good one.

It also gives you a chance to properly paint the livery scheme you want on the toy without any overspray or other fussiness.

The nice thing about this is that you can do all kinds of work in a almost brutal fashion at the outset--stuff like opening up panels, battle-damage and other modifications, and then carefully refine the work so that the item looks like a showpiece again.

Its more like modelmaking than just "toy-kitbashing/customing/tweaking", but the skills will really serve you in good stead.