Who Would Like To See GI JOE Extreme Come Back????

Lady Jaye

If Hasbro still had the rights to the GI JOE extreme characters, would you like to see the characters phased into the storyline?? The extreme Joes be introduced as new recruits, while Klaw becomes the third villain army, not in allegiance to Cobra!&#3  

38 members have voted

1. 1. If Hasbro still had the rights to the GI JOE extreme characters, would you like to see the characters phased into the storyline?? The extreme Joes be introduced as new recruits, while Klaw becomes the third villain army, not in allegiance to Cobra!&#3

• Yes I would love to see them be phased into the line!
    • Possibly, as long as it was done right.
    • Maybe some of the characters.
    • Probably not, never liked the Extreme characters!
    • Hell no, keep that stupid idea far away from GI JOE!

Growth is important, and sesne we neeed new characters why not?

I'm not talking a sub theme, just work em in! now as for a skar theme? i don't know about that at all. I would dig it, but not intill after we have completed the cobra guys, and it couldn't be all skar that year, but i highly doubt most would. But we could work em, Iron Klaw here, and a trooper there, inferno over ehere.

Yea, I'd rather see more Cobra stuff first. Maybe a year or so from now start phasing them in with a few at a time.

I'd still like to see the Iron Grenadiers and Dreadnoks get more attention first.

I'm not talking a sub theme, just work em in! now as for a skar theme? i don't know about that at all. I would dig it, but not intill after we have completed the cobra guys, and it couldn't be all skar that year, but i highly doubt most would. But we could work em, Iron Klaw here, and a trooper there, inferno over ehere.

Yea, I'd rather see more Cobra stuff first. Maybe a year or so from now start phasing them in with a few at a time.

I'd still like to see the Iron Grenadiers and Dreadnoks get more attention first.

agreed, hasbro needs to acknowledge the igs as a seperate entity

agreed, hasbro needs to acknowledge the igs as a seperate entity

Yes, no more Cobra insignias, the IG's have their own.

Put the IG's, Undertows and TARGOTs back in their own groups. Cobra has their own versions of these guys anyway.

Destro can have some IG's with him when he is hanging around Cobra but that should not mean they are Cobra's. With all the backstabbing in Cobra, Destro needs protection.

I bet there are no Viper's hanging around MARS.

That's one of the most important aspects, is that the Iron Grenadiers, have and always will be a seperate group from Cobra. Why Hasbro doesn't acknowledge this is beyond me. I mean I think it was one of their better ideas in the original line!!!!

If they could simply re-tool the helmets, shoulder armor and shins of the IG to remove the Cobra sigils. Or better yet craft a new helmet that resembles the original IGs a bit more, they could re-paint those a dozen times and I might buy them all. IGs are too cool to have Cobra emblems.

Wow we agree on something!!! Tis truly a miracle weekend!!!

@loll@

I agree though, we need a seperate army, one that's a thorn in both GI JOE and Cobra's side!!!!

Maybe that even means that Cobra finds itself a new weapons supplier????? Hmmmmm.

other people have mentioned a joe universe line from time to time like transfomers have, where we could frankensteins with new heads or some new parts that are planned to be used later for the real line and give us savage, action man, and even some of the dead characters or adventure team guys. I would love all that stuff.

Joe universe line??? You mean like Transformers Universe?? What exactly is the point of that line????

Pretty much to allow characters that really cannot feasibly exist in the new line (like Quick Kick and everyone's favorite cannon fodder fatty, Sneek Peek) an avenue by which they get new sculpts, but can keep their "deceased" status in the realm of the GI Joe Universe without confusion. Or maybe this would only add to the confusion. Who knows.

Regardless, this would also be a way for characters who aren't really fan-favorites (Sgt. Savage, Extreme) to be made in new sculpt form (by pretty much just frankensteining current figure parts and /maybe/ adding a newly sculpted head) without stepping into the boundaries of the regular Joes and Cobras.

Joe universe line??? You mean like Transformers Universe?? What exactly is the point of that line????

Pretty much to allow characters that really cannot feasibly exist in the new line (like Quick Kick and everyone's favorite cannon fodder fatty, Sneek Peek) an avenue by which they get new sculpts, but can keep their "deceased" status in the realm of the GI Joe Universe without confusion. Or maybe this would only add to the confusion. Who knows.

Regardless, this would also be a way for characters who aren't really fan-favorites (Sgt. Savage, Extreme) to be made in new sculpt form (by pretty much just frankensteining current figure parts and /maybe/ adding a newly sculpted head) without stepping into the boundaries of the regular Joes and Cobras.

Actually, that is incorrect.

The TF Universe line uses all existing molds from all lines before Energon (and after Generation 1). Essentially, any new molds are saved for the Energon line.

With Joes, I'd think the same thing would happen. New sculpts would be used for JvC and a "universe" line would be RAH sculpts only. At most, we might see frankensteins for Extreme.

But also, Transformers has a LOT of lines to use with universe: Generation 2, Machine Wars, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Robots in Disguise, Armada, non-American exclusives.

G.I. Joe just has what, RAH, Extreme, Superjoe and the 12" line. None of which are exactly compatible.

I think simply increasing the number of comic packs and commemerative packs like the Stars & Stripes sets or the ARAHC 3 packs would work best.

Hell no. I couldn't stand that series. #yuk@#

Well, the point is also to allow fans to get their hands on older molds again. For example I had never even SEEN Whirl before and I missed the opportunity to pickup Strika back when Beast Machines was around.

The only problem with the line is the colors.