GI JOE 25th Anniversary!!!!

Lady Jaye

Would you buy perfect re-issues of the original line, including faithful reproductions of the cards???? Same colors, same weapons, same molds. All in a clam shell or protective outside package!! Example MOTU!!!!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy perfect re-issues of the original line, including faithful reproductions of the cards???? Same colors, same weapons, same molds. All in a clam shell or protective outside package!! Example MOTU!!!!

• Hell yea!!! Bring em on!!!
    • Hell no!!! Stick to the re-paints!!!

Id want to see classic RAH figures but I woudnt mind if they were slightly updated. Take the 2004 infantry trooper for example, faithful to the original but even better.

Wow, I would have thought all the Joe fans would have jumped at the chance to own re-issues of te original line. It surprised the hell out of me to hear you guys worried about how much the real old Joes would de-value!!! I was like are these fans or speculators looking to cash in. Shame, I thought we had real Joe fans, not people looking for an investment!!!! Tsk, tsk, tsk.

That wasn't my main point, my main point was that is should be done VOTC style, but I think the comic packs are as close as we're gonna get. And I love the comic book packs.

And I like the value my RAH moc's hold. I'm not using them for investment purposes, I think that having GI Joes mint from 20+ years ago is a special thing, and they are the pride of my collection. They would be a horrible investment, because I plan on keeping them forever. So I stand to gain zero profit on them. I just like that their value has appreciated over time, it adds character and uniqueness to my hobby.

Wow, I would have thought all the Joe fans would have jumped at the chance to own re-issues of te original line. It surprised the hell out of me to hear you guys worried about how much the real old Joes would de-value!!! I was like are these fans or speculators looking to cash in. Shame, I thought we had real Joe fans, not people looking for an investment!!!! Tsk, tsk, tsk.

That wasn't my main point, my main point was that is should be done VOTC style, but I think the comic packs are as close as we're gonna get. And I love the comic book packs.

I am sure however that HABSRO is cookin up some stuff for us for their 25th aniversary of RAH. I love the comic books as well they are awesome a great IDEA!

Well I think you guys that are collecting the original figures would love to have the classic reissued. That way you guys would be able to get the older figures at more reasonable prices!!!!! To hell with the dealers, let them get the shaft!!!! If it means cheaper figures for you guys,and breand new figures for us, I say that's a win win situation!!!!

I have respect for the dealers since that is what they do, it is a service they provide to us collectors. If it was not for gijoehq, figuresdirect and smalljoes it would be a lot harder to find some of the stuff that I have gotten from them. I would prefer the approach like people are coming up with (ie starwars VOTC).

I don't know about strait reissues. I think it would hurt online joe stores pretty bad.

I doubt it. Most online sales for vintage items like GI Joe or TFs are on Ebay. Anytime I've seen vintage stuff on a website it's incredibly overpriced. I also don't really care - they have to adapt or perish. It's the way of business, and they can take care of themselves.

I have respect for the dealers since that is what they do, it is a service they provide to us collectors. If it was not for gijoehq, figuresdirect and smalljoes it would be a lot harder to find some of the stuff that I have gotten from them. I would prefer the approach like people are coming up with (ie starwars VOTC).

I like places like this, but mostly for new stuff. I DON'T KNOW WHY retail stores in Canada are such crap, but I'm glad the online stores are there so I can get what I want. Reissuing classic Joes would help business for these stores - they'll attrack new customers (like me).

As for the value, the market will crash sooner or later. Some people do buy toys for an investment though (why do you think collectors keep things mib?). As for would i buy the re issues....HELL YA! the question was if hasbro re released the old figures today, would you buy them. Who wouldnt buy em? wouldnt you like to walk into wal mart or TRU and see an '84 firefly with his original accessories and card art staring back at you for 4 or 5 dollars? I for one wouldnt LIKE the fact that the reissues were decreasing the value of the collection i put a lot of money into, however if Hasbro did release the re molds, of course i'd buy em.

the question should be phrased, do you think hasbro should re release the molds......not would you buy the old molds if hasbro re released them. Because i think we would all buy the re released molds.

-saboteur

As for the value, the market will crash sooner or later. Some people do buy toys for an investment though (why do you think collectors keep things mib?). As for would i buy the re issues....HELL YA! the question was if hasbro re released the old figures today, would you buy them. Who wouldnt buy em? wouldnt you like to walk into wal mart or TRU and see an '84 firefly with his original accessories and card art staring back at you for 4 or 5 dollars? I for one wouldnt LIKE the fact that the reissues were decreasing the value of the collection i put a lot of money into, however if Hasbro did release the re molds, of course i'd buy em.

the question should be phrased, do you think hasbro should re release the molds......not would you buy the old molds if hasbro re released them. Because i think we would all buy the re released molds.

-saboteur

I agree with you, I still like the idea however of the packaging be like the starwars line VOTC. Just think it could have the old card artwork but in a case with the same figure w/ accessories and all. I think that would be awesome!

The bottom line is it will never happen as straight reissues as a huge majority of the classic RAH 82-88 are gone! Hasbro would never spend the dough to recast pieces when they could just make a new mold.

Draven

To further elaborate:

GI Joe Commemorative Series, Wave 1:

• Duke v1 - We all know Hasbro loves to have core characters.
  • Snake Eyes v3 - The inclusion of this character is obvious, but the version is a personal bias.
  • Cobra Commander - Core character reason
  • Cobra Soldier
  • Crimson Guard
  • Viper v1

For the case break down they could do 2 of each per case, or my version (the more profitable one) would be to short pack SE and Duke and add 1 to any of the army builders.

All would have Convention or Toyfare level quality in paint apps (IE no sloppy ass paintjobs), tight joints, original colors, and orignal gear.

All would be single carded, and like the TF Commemorative Series, would have remencient packaging. I think a cross between the ARAHC and old RAH packaging would suffice (to save y'all collections from devaluing). So the top would be like the ARAHC logo with the original cardart (if it isn't available, I'm sure they could hire someone to do it again).

This would probably be the most successful Joe product since the original line. The army builders would quickly take care of the troops forcing a seemingly unending daily opening of new cases.

Future army builders (or swap out the ones above) would include EELs, Snow Serpents, BAT v1, Cobra Officer, Stinger Driver, Crimson Guard Immortal, Night Viper, Night Creeper and any other popular army builders. Troops proven to be successful can be forwarded to the next wave, or a x.5-type waves (or have the short-packed unique characters for the 1.5).

Future unique figures would be Storm Shadow v1, Storm Shadow v2, Firefly, Zartan, other versions of CC, etc. Molds permitting, of course.

There's enough profitable molds out there for at least 1-2 years.