GI JOE 25th Anniversary!!!!

Lady Jaye

Would you buy perfect re-issues of the original line, including faithful reproductions of the cards???? Same colors, same weapons, same molds. All in a clam shell or protective outside package!! Example MOTU!!!!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy perfect re-issues of the original line, including faithful reproductions of the cards???? Same colors, same weapons, same molds. All in a clam shell or protective outside package!! Example MOTU!!!!

• Hell yea!!! Bring em on!!!
    • Hell no!!! Stick to the re-paints!!!

Yay or nay, no maybe!!!!! Bring em on, or stick to the crappy repaints!!!!

Okay before anyone else tell me info I already know, this is just a speculative question, we all know some molds are missing or destroyed. But if something happened and they did have em, would you want the perfect re-issues like MOTU did a couple of years ago?????

Not crappy new molds on old cards, but exact reproductions of the figures, in the original molds (hypothetically), in their original colors, original weapons, original parts, original card backs, all in a nice clam shell packaging!!!!! Would you want them?????

No way, that would drive the cost of the originals down too much, plus a lot of molds are long since gone. Besides, I would prefer an "homage" to the originals, much like Star Wars Vintage Trilogy Collection (VOTC) New Figs, old style card on the front, pic of the original on the back. I think that Hasbro's trying to go this route in a round about way with the comic book pack, which I think is a great plan.

No way, that would drive the cost of the originals down too much

Who gives a rats behind what the originals value is???? I mean you are in it for the toys right, not for the value???? I mean only a dealer should care about value on toys going down. To hell with that, bring on the faithful reproductions!!!!!!! End those crazy ass prices for toys taht originally cost 2 to 3 dollars!!!!!

if they did something like they're doing with the star wars... where it's new molds that look REAL REAL good on old(looking) cards in a clamshell, then yes... but what you're asking, it'll never happen, not EXACT remolds of the original, some are missing, some are in india... and some are in my basement...j/k

I have to vote yes-------------BUT maybe not exactly the same-----molds

look at how they have the done the NEW STAR WARS FIGURES

They have the CLASSIC packaging but the figures are some what diffrent

from the originals

AND honestly ----what i would love even more would be

THE FIRST TWO SERIES DONE IN ORIGINAL COLORS WITH ORIGINAL WEAPONS --JUST NEW MOLDS and CLASSIC PACKAGING!!!!!!!!!!!

They almost have it right with the COMIC THREE PACKS----JUST A FEW THAT ARE WAY OFF THOUGH!!!!!!!

DOC

No way, that would drive the cost of the originals down too much

Too bad. If you wanted to buy something that was going to hold or increase in value, you shouldn't have chosen toys. You should have talked to someone at your bank about investing.

I would buy these in a second. HOWEVER, I do agree with you on one point - I too would prefer updated RAH style figures. The only problem is that Hasbro is apparently unable to do this. They're getting CLOSE, but they're not there yet.

No if they are exact replicas. I would love to get a Vintage type line like the Star Wars though. Meaning old card and new sculpt figures with exact RAH outfits.

Draven

those i would buy, and i'm hoping with the new shoulder, to be able to stay with new sculpts excuslivly and have more people join in me in that.

Not crappy new molds on old cards, but exact reproductions of the figures, in the original molds (hypothetically), in their original colors, original weapons, original parts, original card backs, all in a nice clam shell packaging!!!!! Would you want them?????

As long as they are made with the softer plastic they use today, then yes. Original molds, originla colors, original weapons, original parts, original card backs, just make the figures in the newer, softer plastic. The difference in the plastic would still allow the original original figures, in the harder plastic, retain their value.

The softer plastic would allow us to place weapons in their hands without breaking their thumbs off. It would also prevent the crotches from breaking as easily.

I don't really care if they come in those clam shell packages, though. Those clam shells seem to raise the retail prices.

i'd rather them re-design the old sculpts and improve on them along with the weapons to give them more/better detail and whatnot...likewise with the original card art

if star wars is only making 12 figures like this out of oh, several dozen from their past then Joe would have to spread out the years it picked figures from for it to work out, esp. to reach more than the core joe collectors. even then it'd have to be some of the more unique "milestone" figures and not just army builders or the first 2 years of Joe. lol

and woudln't RAH's 25th anniversary be in 2007 not 2005? lady jaye's kinda planning ahead lol

Wow, I would have thought all the Joe fans would have jumped at the chance to own re-issues of te original line. It surprised the hell out of me to hear you guys worried about how much the real old Joes would de-value!!! I was like are these fans or speculators looking to cash in. Shame, I thought we had real Joe fans, not people looking for an investment!!!! Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Wow, I would have thought all the Joe fans would have jumped at the chance to own re-issues of te original line. It surprised the hell out of me to hear you guys worried about how much the real old Joes would de-value!!! I was like are these fans or speculators looking to cash in. Shame, I thought we had real Joe fans, not people looking for an investment!!!! Tsk, tsk, tsk.

It basically comes down to the haves and have-nots.

You've already seen a few types of fans here:

People who already have the vintage ones MOC, doesn't need them and would rather have new stuff. Which is exactly what JvC is for and this is something that would not affect the JvC line at all, aside from taking sales numbers away (or the potential demise of the line). It's really a complaint for the JvC line if people think they still have crappy or clown-like costumes on.

Then you have the toy investors... which is kinda sad for the hobby. But money is an element in most things. However, like all investments, there's risk. Nothing's guaranteed, so like stocks, the longer you hold it...

And finally you have the have-nots. These guys are pretty self-explanatory.

I don't really care if they come in those clam shell packages, though. Those clam shells seem to raise the retail prices.

I wouldn't mind them, though I really have no use for them cause I'd open them all anyway. The only thing that would bother me about them is if they hinder the examination of the figure for crappy paintjobs and details. I think this is the biggest problem to worry about given todays products.

Very few of us are in this for a investment period. To make that statement is kinda out there. I sure as hell am not, neither is Rev and neither if us want them. I like that the old ones are that, old and vintage. They are special and that specialness in my eyes would go away some. So no thanks.

Draven

Well I wasnt going to name names, so if you made a comment about lowering the value then the previous statemnet was aimed at you, but if you didn't, then no the statement wasn't intended for you!!!

Very few of us are in this for a investment period. To make that statement is kinda out there. I sure as hell am not, neither is Rev and neither if us want them. I like that the old ones are that, old and vintage. They are special and that specialness in my eyes would go away some. So no thanks.

Draven

I wasn't singling out anyone for anything. However, the breakdown on the type of answers you'll get on this particular subject is pretty accurate.

Either way, we have little to no control over Hasbro if this were to happen. And I highly doubt our wants, our investment futures, or our affinity for the specialness of vintage Joes matter to Hasbro in the end. If it was economically viable, you can be sure it'll happen.

Personally, I'm woith the VOTC Star Wars fans, a line like that in 2007 would be the best way to celebrate the 25th Anniversary.

Single carded figures of the classic Joe and Cobra characters, 6 on each side. My votes would be (obviously): Duke, Snake-Eyes, Scarlett, Gung-Ho, Roadblock, and Shipwreck. For Cobra, it'd be Commander, Destro, Baroness, Storm Shadow, Zartan, and a Viper.

The point of an Anniversary line is not to relive the past, but to commemorate it. The Star Wars figures are hyper articulated, well sculpted, with proper accessories, and vintage-inspired packaging all kept tidy in a plastic clamshell.

We're getting repaints/rereleases of the old molds, and new sculpts for the new toyline. A Commemorative Anniversary set with new molds of the classic uniform designs is the kind of novel product that would sell.