Vehicle Reissues

Crimson Twins

The classic WW in a more crimson look would be great. I really loved the Rattler. I wanted to get some of the TRU ones. I don't care what color they are. I got a can of paint that says they'll make great customs. But if Hasbro beats us to it, then I'll gladly wait. I think the Rattler is too classic to not be included in the new stuff as well. It's just like the HISS. They've tried to give us the HISS IV and the Night Adder, and they pretty much bombed. Give us the original tank and Plane that made Cobra seem so much cooler than the Joes.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The color of the TRU Rattler was fine??? Are you for real??

Of course Im for real. I dont say what I dont mean. Ive been collecting the toys from day one so I think I know a good toy when I see one. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it IS salvageable.

That was an abomination compared to the original one.

Not as good? No argument there. Abomination? If it is its Only because of the Sound Attack, lack of a gunner and bright red missles. Plus a half-assed excuse for a Wild Weasel figure. But the copper wasnt a problem. Wild Weasel is an elite pilot and leads Cobra forces so its only logical he use a fancier looking plane. And it beats that sculpted Snake fuelselage on the Night Adder.

Remove the electronics, Find a decent gunner canopy and black missles and it looks loads better. I use it for Baroness personal fighter.

Why not color one with rainbow polk a dots while they're at it???

Don't be ##$%$#ed. Nothing wrong with a metallic color. The two scenarios arent even comperable. Look at real jets, there ARE ones that exist in silver. And Cobra is reknowned for being flashy, especially with high ranking individuals.

I say if they continue in this direction and make the ships better detailed, then I wouldn't mind seeing a Rattler II

And I say if they make it like the pregnant looking monstrosities theyve been crapping out then we're better off with the name staying with RAH.

Look we're not going to get rid of the sound effects or launching missles. I don't like em either, but I would rather see new molds than re-hashed old ones for the new line.

And Id rather see quality than crap. And while quality has improved slightly, overall JvC simply isnt delivering the goods. Gimmick free is the way to be.

If they want to continue to re-release the old molds to co-incide with the RAH styled figures, then that is cool. But release new molds for those of us collecting the new line. Capice???

Of course I understand and you are getting your new molds. The quality isnt quite as good, but its new if thats all thats importnat.

You get your old molds and I get a new one!!! Both happy.

I want you to have new molds. But I want you to have QUALITY ones, not gimmicky intelligence insulting kiddie crap. Stuff worthy of the name GI Joe and its proud 20 year history. Im not going to settle for something simply because it bears the GI Joe label and neither should anyone else have to. I want the best possible product for old and new fans and that includes you. But Hasbro isnt taking it as seriously as it ought to. It seems to have wised up, but not enough. Its already committing the same mistakes many claim killed RAH. I dont want to see that again.

Thanks Dra, CT.

Im not sure if whole SQUADRONS sould be colored gold, but when viewed in the context of it being a personal vehicle for a VIP, I think it works.

Actually, now that I think about it, add some red gridding to the black parts and I think it would work as a Python Patrol jet.

Thanks Dra, CT.

Im not sure if whole SQUADRONS sould be colored gold, but when viewed in the context of it being a personal vehicle for a VIP, I think it works.

Actually, now that I think about it, add some red gridding to the black parts and I think it would work as a Python Patrol jet.

Yeah it could almost pass for PP! Not a bad idea actully. HMMM.

And Doc I haven't forgot about you and that list! I have to finish going through a few things. Be in touch soon.

Draven

If the Rattler comes gain expect it to be in original form this time around! Not color but in mold. I personally am lobbying for a red and blk one! Crimson Rattler baby! :)

Draven

Drool, drool.

Crimson Rattler to go with my Crimson HISS tanks, and my Crimson ASPs. WOW! I'm in heaven. I would love the Crimson Rattler. I also wouldn't mind a classic color, or a solid black.

#US1#

I want a blue one. It can be darker than the original [midnight blue] or lighter, just not sky blue. The Copper Rattler was cool as a squadron leader-type color (Wild Weasal's personal fighter), but we need to get Cobra's Air Force back on track. So original mold (canopy and all) with darker colors.

Blue was Cobra's signature color, so let's go back to that and make the Rattler as popular as the Infantry 6-pack, so damn good that you can't keep it on the shelf for long.

The next one should include 2 figures: RAH WW and some kind of generic Cobra pilot, like the Aero-Viper or Vapor (last used for the 2003 Con set).

At the very least, forget WW and give us a Cobra pilot, that way people can start their Cobra air corp.

Three:  They would most likely add some crappy features that would ruin the old molds.  While some were improved (the new Snow Cat), others were made worse (the new Rattler, but that was mostly the color).

The new Snow Cat has it's ups and downs. I liked the remold pegs on the missile rack (300% more sturdy than the original), but the new windshield wasn't an improvement, and the lack of ski-torpedoes was definitely not cool. Also, the original missiles were cooler, but since you had to slide it out, it probably lead to alot of broken missile racks. I think that's why mine broke.

The Copper Rattler has better landing gear than the original (I think), so in that sense it was improved. However, the next Rattler needs to have the wings fixed so they are symmetical. I had to use a power drill and hot-glue gun to fix it. And the missile molds need to be fixed so they stay on the wings, and not pop off by themselves.

Look we're not going to get rid of the sound effects or launching missles.

That's not entirely true. I can't say for sure, but I think the KB Crimson Sabotage set is gimmick free: no Spring-Loaded Missile Launchers, and no sound junk.

The recent VAMP/Whirlwind only had one SLML, and it wasn't entirely intrusive. Any future SLML should be as accomodating, it clips onto the vechile, letting the constumers decide if they want it on or not. So future reissues/repaints should be like this.

KB seems to have a better understanding of how it should be done, however, I wish TRU got this one too. I think they're bigger than KB and the distribution would be better. TRU shoulda jumped on this one quicker or requested it sooner.

And since these two are relatively gimmick-free, I think I may see a new kind of "gimmick" emerging for RAH exclusives. The ol' "we're-gonna-stuff-the-box-with-alot-of-stuff-and-charge-a-reasonable-price-for-it" gimmick. Me thinks it works.

But release new molds for those of us collecting the new line. Capice???

You get your old molds and I get a new one!!! Both happy.

This is really a JvC issue, in that you think JvC vehicles stank. I doubt RAH reissues/repaints have any bearing as to what may or may not be released for JvC. In other words, having another RAH Rattler come out doesn't mean you're not gonna get a JvC Rattler. The RAH stuff are store exclusives, side-products, not the main thing. You could also see it as an entirely different line, and has nothing to do with JvC.

Besides which, I think the Rattler was supposed to be replaced by the Night Adder (2004), sadly... it stank. It does have it's fans though. Maybe it'll be better next time.

Here's hoping there is no gimmic in the Crimson Sabotage set. I hope the only gimmic is two quality vehicles with three cool figures for a cheap $20 price gimmic. If they had more of those gimmics, then Hasbro would make more money than they could count. (of course I'm know they won't make that much) I just want regular vehicles. I'm not a gimmic person. I've suffered through the animal splicing DNA world of VvV, and the multiple SLML, butt plug figures, and sound attack. Just give me quality, and I'll make my own sounds, and throw my own missles at their targets.

I would not like to see the vehicles re-hashed. Like the Star Wars line the old ships do not fit well with the new figures, so I don't colelct em.

I think that we need new molds based on classic vehicles!!!!!

I mean who would not want a new Rattler with the detail that they can have on ships today?? I know it would be better than the Adder, lil POS!!! I mean add that gunner pod to a new Rattler mold and I would but fove of em!!!!! Well at least one!!!! #US1#

well, Starwars, much like GIJoe, already had perfect vehicles in the original line.. you can't improve on them. So it makes no sense to try.. and even the new StarWars vehicles are cool and can go with the old ones.. GvC vehicles suck badly, and they could never fit in with RAH stuff.

and I would hate to see new molds of old vehicles. The new Hasbro design team CAN NOT make good vehicles at all, and barely decent figures. If they tried to make a new Rattler, it would be horrible.

Blue was Cobra's signature color, so let's go back to that and make the Rattler as popular as the Infantry 6-pack, so damn good that you can't keep it on the shelf for long.

exactly, I don't see why Hasbro has a problem with making successful items.

Hmm.. both Python Patrol and the Infantry 6-pack were outstanding successes... now.. instead of repeating that and putting effort and quality into their products, they give us crap like the Desert Team.

its killing me.

and I would hate to see new molds of old vehicles. The new Hasbro design team CAN NOT make good vehicles at all, and barely decent figures. If they tried to make a new Rattler, it would be horrible.

You mean like this thing:

iso2.jpg

or this one:

hiss4_iso.jpg

and finally:

fang3_iso.jpg

0 for 3 right now for Cobra. Admittedly though, I'll give'em credit for the Ice Sabre if it's supposed to be JvC's Snow Cat. That's kinda decent.

I might have been able to let the Night Adder slide if it wasnt for the sculpted snake motif. Without it I might have liked it as a space fighter.

I DO like Wild Weasels costume concept. And while I dont like the Neo-Viper as a basic footsoldier and his arms are crappy, the colors on the HISS IV version are the best that mold has ever had. For my money at least, And I wouldnt be opposed to having the CLAWs Pilot given the 0-ring treatment.

If you unscrew the fan assembly from the Treadfire, it isnt too bad a vehicle for the Urban Assault set. And the Drone in it is actually kind of cool on its own. And if you remove the Road Rebels oversized gun and plug in a couple Rattler SA guns on either side it kinda works as a mobile weaponry platform.

but overall there are aspects of certain JvC vehicles that do have merit, they still havent come as close to being as good as the originals. A pity

Look we're not going to get rid of the sound effects or launching missles.

That's not entirely true. I can't say for sure, but I think the KB Crimson Sabotage set is gimmick free: no Spring-Loaded Missile Launchers, and no sound junk.

The recent VAMP/Whirlwind only had one SLML, and it wasn't entirely intrusive. Any future SLML should be as accomodating, it clips onto the vechile, letting the constumers decide if they want it on or not. So future reissues/repaints should be like this.

KB seems to have a better understanding of how it should be done, however, I wish TRU got this one too. I think they're bigger than KB and the distribution would be better. TRU shoulda jumped on this one quicker or requested it sooner.

Man I think I need to completely spell things out here.

I know all of the re-paints are not going to have bells and whistles. But the new ships are going to have some sort of effects, whther we like it or not, even the lil ships have em!!!

It's true I used to be one of the biggest haters of the new line, wouldn't give it a shot. But now that I have found myself getting into them, I'm glad that I did, I love the new line finally. They are improving on the line leaps and bounds. And maybe one day we'll get ships free of lights adn sounds, however if they keep giving us ships like the Crimson Command Copter, the Thunderwing, or the Night Force Grizzly, then who cares if they have lights and sounds or even action features, as long as those features and sounds make sense!!!

I would not like to see the vehicles re-hashed. Like the Star Wars line the old ships do not fit well with the new figures, so I don't colelct em.

I think that we need new molds based on classic vehicles!!!!!

I mean who would not want a new Rattler with the detail that they can have on ships today?? I know it would be better than the Adder, lil POS!!! I mean add that gunner pod to a new Rattler mold and I would but fove of em!!!!! Well at least one!!!! #US1#

well, Starwars, much like GIJoe, already had perfect vehicles in the original line.. you can't improve on them. So it makes no sense to try.. and even the new StarWars vehicles are cool and can go with the old ones.. GvC vehicles suck badly, and they could never fit in with RAH stuff.

You're actually going say that the old ships were perfect??? They were perfect for the old line, not for the new one. I mean come on, do you really believe that?? Lets look at the Millenium Falcon, size aside, look at the fact that you canbarely fit one figure in the cockpit. And don't get me started on how you can't eve fit the co-pilot in his seat!!!!

@loll@

The X-Wing was nice, but then we got the new sleek X-Wing that beat the snot out of the old one hands down!!!! If you don't agree, then I think it's becuase of setimental reasons.

The old Slave 1 was one of my faorite ships, but the new one made for Episode II was awesome!!! And with the repaint to make it look like Boba's ship, it looks sweeet. However I wish they would have covered up the missles, since he didn't have that in the original movie.

Lets take setimental reasons out of the equation and look at the ships objectively and you'll see the new Star Wars ships look better. And the Joe ships can look better if thy dont give us those ##$%$#ed designs!!!!

Well thats the problem, isnt it? We know Hasbro can do better. They just choose not to. In an ideal world Hasbro would give us a verhicle that takes the Rattler design and improves it. Despite some minor improvements in the past few years, that ideal world is still pretty far away.

I'm glad that I did, I love the new line finally. They are improving on the line leaps and bounds.

More like dragging themselves along by one arm. The improvements are there, but few and far between. And if fans didnt keep insisting Hasbro stick to the higher standards they themselves set that made RAH the pop icon it was, they would still be giving us t-crotches. DepPriest himself was swearing up and down in a TOYFARE magazine article that things like t-crotches and Destros's head sculpting were the absolutely greatest things to ever happen to GI Joe back when the line was out and that fans were better off with the new level of sculpting detail the loos of the o-ring provided. However he quickly flip-flopped when the fan backlash came out and then said he didnt like it. Yeah right waffle man. He's just Hasbros mouthpiece is merely a yes man and will say anything he thinks will be better for the companies bottom line.

But the point is despite how much they claim to love and respect the property JvC is based on, their actions dictate otherwise. They dont want to improve the wheel, they want to re-invent it while ignoring the successful aspects. The only reason theyre starting to acknowledge the finer parts of RAH design philosophy is because we're forcing them to. If wee just quietly sat back and took what was given without question we'd still have Sound Attack and t-crotches. I wouldnt put it past them to be deliberately half-assing the repaints to make the new junk look better out of concealed spite for our ingratitude. Screwing up the Viper accidentally several times in a row? I dont think so.

The new line has some design elements worth merit, but overall it is NOT living up to the legacy. And I will not drop my standards because its the only game in town. As a Joe fan I owe it to myself NOT and fellow fans NOT to settle for something simply because it has the Joe label on it. The only reason Ive even picked up the occasional JvC iterm here and there is due more to mty loyalty to a particular character than because of its quality. This line will never truly be a worthy successor to RAH untill JvC weapons, helmets, and body parts are 100% compatible with RAH

however if they keep giving us ships like the Crimson Command Copter, the Thunderwing, or the Night Force Grizzly, then who cares if they have lights and sounds or even action features, as long as those features and sounds make sense!!!

The only tolerable gimmick for a vehicle is quality construction. The Grizzly cant lower or raise its turret, you have to close hatches so figures cant peek out and you cant even roll it around. And the Thunderwing? If I want my pilots to talk Ill do it myself. If making noises for the Skystrkier was good enough for us THEN, then its good enough for kids now. Period.