Vehicle Reissues

Crimson Twins

Of all the sublines, I think the Slaughter's Marauders vehicles look pretty darn good. It's camo and it's dark. I mean, the Equalizer was the best Joe tank (though not the most powerful). It was well-armed, holds a decent amount of figures, nicely colored and no gimmicks. Don't get much better than that.

I agree, the vehicles are way better than the figures. As far as TF and PP I loved the old and new stuff and want new vehicles.

Draven

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think One larger figure capacity vehicle and one small single-figure vehicle per team would be great. And swap vehicles between factions for more Old Skool flavor.

Python Patrol - HISS v2 (With RAHC Rip-It as a HISS Driver or Nitro-Viper if they still have it) RAHC N.L.C with Undertow.

Night Force - 1990 Hammer, original form With Tracker, (if the name is still useable) Mantis sub with v1 Torpedo or v2 Deep-Six.

Tiger Force - Parasite with Thunderwing or v1 Heavy Duty, Mudbuster with Doubleblast. (v3 Roadblock)

okay.. in order to stop being so vague.. my top 3 wants on both sides:

Joes:

WHALE

Tomahawk

DesertFox

Cobra:

Terrordrome

BUGG (in good colors this time)

NightRaven

Hey, for all those BF 2000 lovers out there, chill out. I didn't realize there were so many people that liked em. I personally thought they looked way out of place, with the exception of Dodger. I also thought the idea of their vehicles forming a fortress was dumb. That would mean that all the vehicles would have to be in the same place at once. Not very tactical. I was also basing my opinions on the fact that no one ever seems to buy those. I've seen em slip away on eBay without a bid. I've seen them stick around at online stores even when they have a 50% sale going on. I personally don't like them, and never will. They just never meshed well with my other Joe stuff. As for how they were written in the comic, well I have no idea because I never read any with them in it. I wasn't referring to comics when I started this post anyway. I asked what vehicles we wanted to see again. Anyway.

I think the WHALE is a much needed vehicle right now. Those things would fly off shelves. Or hover. Whatever. A friend of mine pulled his down from his attic and it was nearly complete. Then he turned around and gave it to his 4 y/o son who lost everything in about two days time. I was heartbroken, but I know that family should always come before friendship.

Hey, for all those BF 2000 lovers out there, chill out. I didn't realize there were so many people that liked em. I personally thought they looked way out of place, with the exception of Dodger.

Looking at the line as a whole, they don't look all that out of place. The later years were ever more out there.

I also thought the idea of their vehicles forming a fortress was dumb.  That would mean that all the vehicles would have to be in the same place at once.  Not very tactical. 

As for how they were written in the comic, well I have no idea because I never read any with them in it.

As any sub-unit in Joe, they usually operated together in the comic. So getting them together to form the Future Fortress wouldn't be a problem.

To BF2000's credit, they did have entirely new and original molds for the figures and vehicles, unlike alot of the sub-units back in the day and now with the part-swapping.

Perhaps if you had bothered to read the back of one of the boxes instead of turning your nose up at them, youd have read that the design philosophy of BF2K was cutting edge, FUTURISTIC technology and prototypes. Its not that unusual for characters associated with a futuristic scenario to look futuristic.

The fortress components were also intended to act as standalone components to provide backup firepower to the main craft. This helps add what is known as play value. You know, The reason toys are intended to be bought. And Ill take this gimmick over a steath fighter giving birth to some stubby looking pod. And it didnt require botching up a figurers weapon either.

I personally don't like them, and never will.

Thats quite a pity. Youre only cheating yourself of some truly innovative toys.

Hey, for all those BF 2000 lovers out there, chill out. I didn't realize there were so many people that liked em. I personally thought they looked way out of place, with the exception of Dodger. I also thought the idea of their vehicles forming a fortress was dumb. That would mean that all the vehicles would have to be in the same place at once. Not very tactical. I was also basing my opinions on the fact that no one ever seems to buy those. I've seen em slip away on eBay without a bid. I've seen them stick around at online stores even when they have a 50% sale going on. I personally don't like them, and never will. They just never meshed well with my other Joe stuff. As for how they were written in the comic, well I have no idea because I never read any with them in it. I wasn't referring to comics when I started this post anyway. I asked what vehicles we wanted to see again. Anyway.

I think the WHALE is a much needed vehicle right now. Those things would fly off shelves. Or hover. Whatever. A friend of mine pulled his down from his attic and it was nearly complete. Then he turned around and gave it to his 4 y/o son who lost everything in about two days time. I was heartbroken, but I know that family should always come before friendship.

I just bought the BF2000 Marauder off Ebay. I already own all the others (minus a few parts such as an engine cover on the Vector).

I think the team would work better today than in the 80s because the state of technology today is improved. Meaning the vehicles forming the "future fortress" could probably be better integrated.

Personally I don't really like the Tiger Force or Python Patrol color shceme. I've never gotten any of those figures. I did get the new Vamp reissue because I do like the more realistic paint scheme. I'd like to see future reissues with those same realistic army colors. The vehicle I'd most like to see reissued is that Corba speed boat - I think it was the Moray Eel or something? Very cool looking.

The vehicle I'd most like to see reissued is that Corba speed boat - I think it was the Moray Eel or something? Very cool looking.

You mean this thing?

http://yojoe.com/vehicles/85/hydrofoil/

Yea, I'd love to see the Moray Hydrofoil too. It could be in gray like the like Mk. V's used by our Navy's Special Boat Units (SBT). Optional Joe and Cobra decals would satisfy both sides.

I picked up the RAH version off Ebay.  I never knew how odd the vehicle is with the rotating driver's compartment.

The WOLF has a rotating driver's compartment?

D'oh! Not sure WHAT I was thinking. I was reading another thread about the new Ice Saber. The original had a cockpit that held 3 figures and could be rotated so that any of the three was facing forward.

The vehicle I'd most like to see reissued is that Corba speed boat - I think it was the Moray Eel or something? Very cool looking.

You mean this thing?

Yea, I'd love to see the Moray Hydrofoil too. It could be in gray like the like Mk. V's used by our Navy's Special Boat Units (SBT). Optional Joe and Cobra decals would satisfy both sides.

I think Draven mentioned it being a possibility, besides the fact we know the mold is still available, of course. Just, hopefully, it will be a better quality release then the Con exclusive.

You mean this thing?

Yeah, that would be really cool. I'd definitely get one or two.

I would not like to see the vehicles re-hashed. Like the Star Wars line the old ships do not fit well with the new figures, so I don't colelct em.

I think that we need new molds based on classic vehicles!!!!!

I mean who would not want a new Rattler with the detail that they can have on ships today?? I know it would be better than the Adder, lil POS!!! I mean add that gunner pod to a new Rattler mold and I would but fove of em!!!!! Well at least one!!!! #US1#

I would not like to see the vehicles re-hashed. Like the Star Wars line the old ships do not fit well with the new figures, so I don't colelct em.

I mean who would not want a new Rattler with the detail that they can have on ships today?? I know it would be better than the Adder, lil POS!!! I mean add that gunner pod to a new Rattler mold and I would but fove of em!!!!! Well at least one!!!! #US1#

Several things:

One: They HAVE the old molds and it is cheaper to just use them than to modify them.

Two: Most RAH fans would love to see them again.

Three: They would most likely add some crappy features that would ruin the old molds. While some were improved (the new Snow Cat), others were made worse (the new Rattler, but that was mostly the color).

The Adder would have been fine if they hadn't made the turret one of the lame "action" features. I'd hate to see a "new" Rattler with that same crappy feature.

Are you talking about the Night-Adder? The Adder was a 1988 missle carrier. Which I wouldnt be opposed to seeing again if released with a good RAHtroop builder. Id hate to see the Night-Adders goofy snake design sculpted onto a new Rattler. Paint it on if you must, at least that means repaints can skip it.

Nope. What we need are new figures with new sculpting that adhere closer to RAH standards of proportion and design to make them fully compatible body parts and equipment with re-issues than ruin the legacy of classic vehicles by slapping their names on the kiddie ride-looking vehicles of today, like they did with the HISS IV and FANG III with dumbass sound effects and gimmics. You dont need electronics. Use your mouth and imagination. It was good enough for kids then, and its good enough for kids now.

The color of the TRU Rattler was fine. Suitable for a squadron leader. Its problems were the electronics and how they screwed up the missles (Which WERE colored badly)

The color of the TRU Rattler was fine??? Are you for real?? That was an abomination compared to the original one. Why not color one with rainbow polk a dots while they're at it???

I say if they continue in this direction and make the ships better detailed, then I wouldn't mind seeing a Rattler II

Look we're not going to get rid of the sound effects or launching missles. I don't like em either, but I would rather see new molds than re-hashed old ones for the new line.

If they want to continue to re-release the old molds to co-incide with the RAH styled figures, then that is cool. But release new molds for those of us collecting the new line. Capice???

You get your old molds and I get a new one!!! Both happy.

If the Rattler comes gain expect it to be in original form this time around! Not color but in mold. I personally am lobbying for a red and blk one! Crimson Rattler baby! :)

Draven

Drool, drool.

Crimson Rattler to go with my Crimson HISS tanks, and my Crimson ASPs. WOW! I'm in heaven. I would love the Crimson Rattler. I also wouldn't mind a classic color, or a solid black.

#US1#

If the Rattler comes gain expect it to be in original form this time around! Not color but in mold. I personally am lobbying for a red and blk one! Crimson Rattler baby! :)

Draven

Drool, drool.

Crimson Rattler to go with my Crimson HISS tanks, and my Crimson ASPs. WOW! I'm in heaven. I would love the Crimson Rattler. I also wouldn't mind a classic color, or a solid black.

#US1#

We may be getting a Rattler again. And that's why i'm hoping Hasbro is reading my idea of it being crimson! And dam get back the RAH WW from Funkskool and give us him again too!

Draven