Vehicle Reissues

Crimson Twins

I noticed in another thread about customizing a Rage, that someone said they'd like to see a reissue of the Earthquake in Dreadnok colors. And after seeing the recent Crimson Sabotage set, and Vamp with Whirlwind, it is obvious Hasbro is interested in releasing some of the older molds again. I was wondering what classic reissues would you like to see, and how would you like to see them?

Do we want to see more subsets like Python Patrol or Tiger Force?

Do we want classic paint styles like a black HISS and blue Rattler?

#US1#

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of vague don't you think? RAH includes the abominations that were Battle Force 2000 vehicles. There was also wierd ones like the Mudfighter and Swampmasher. Personally, I would love to see the Havoc redone. Maybe even Night Force. Without the stupid orange parts and glow in the dark stickers.

Kind of vague don't you think? RAH includes the abominations that were Battle Force 2000 vehicles. There was also wierd ones like the Mudfighter and Swampmasher. Personally, I would love to see the Havoc redone. Maybe even Night Force. Without the stupid orange parts and glow in the dark stickers.

vague yes.. but still true.

I liked the Battle Force 2000 vehicles actually.

And the MudFighter and Swampsmasher were also some favorites.

The only vehicles I am aware of that sucked were the Ninja force things

@hmmm@ Good. No one heard you use those awful words Ninja Force. Don't say them ever again. It never happened. It was all a figment of you imagination.

And you actually liked the BF2000? WOW. I was wondering who the one guy was that liked them. @loll@ I'm just kidding. We're all entitled to our own opinion.

#US1#

I've been thinking of the Skystriker in "Sky Patrol" silver.

I had thought about that, too. But after seeing the Night Boomer from the Night Force, I just have to have a Skystriker in some kind of dark paint scheme. I'd love to see them do a Python Patrol version like they did the conquest. I think that is the best the Conquest has ever looked.

#US1#

I want a red Rattler, a blk Hiss 2, a artic Whale, PP Skystriker, Cobra Battle Platform and TF Mocasin. Those are molds I know Hasbro has. SO yes I want TF and PP vehicles. I would love a NOK Quake like Doc said but i'm not sure if they have that mold or not. Half to look into that.

Draven

I noticed in another thread about customizing a Rage, that someone said they'd like to see a reissue of the Earthquake in Dreadnok colors. And after seeing the recent Crimson Sabotage set, and Vamp with Whirlwind, it is obvious Hasbro is interested in releasing some of the older molds again. I was wondering what classic reissues would you like to see, and how would you like to see them?

Do we want to see more subsets like Python Patrol or Tiger Force?

Do we want classic paint styles like a black HISS and blue Rattler?

#US1#

I've said it a million times, and will gladly say it again:

WHALE!!!!

WOLVERINE!!!!

@hmmm@ Good. No one heard you use those awful words Ninja Force. Don't say them ever again. It never happened. It was all a figment of you imagination.

And you actually liked the BF2000? WOW. I was wondering who the one guy was that liked them. @loll@ I'm just kidding. We're all entitled to our own opinion.

#US1#

You know, if you read the letter columns from back in the day of the Marvel run, you'll see that a lot of people really did like Battle Force 2000. It wasn't that bad of a subgroup and Larry Hama did spend a good amount of time on certain characters, primarily Maverick. I was doomed to hate them from the start, because my Father (who provided the GI Joe toys in the force) hated them and refused to buy them for me.

I did like Dodger a lot and considering he was the only member to survive the BF2000 massacre, it's a shame we haven't seen him since.

Back to topic though.

I'd like to see the DEMON tank again. The Whale is a must in either a traditional Navy color repaint or as it was originally done. And we've seen plenty of Vamp style reissues but no Stingers. I'd love to see the Stinger on the shelves again.

#US1#

I the BF2000 vehicles were a neat idea.

Let's put it simple. We want to see ALL RAH vehicles reissued (with good paint jobs) if we can. Even the 90s Battle Corps vehicles weren't that bad.

I saw an auction on Ebay for a prototype Tiger Force Skystriker. Supposidly it was done up before they decided to do the Rattler instead.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Man, RAH style all the way.

I like what they've been doing for SW vehicles lately. I haven't bought any, but they look really good... They still look like the old ones, only updated a bit with some good weathering techniques, and made bigger and more accurate.

No more neon colours, at all. Cobra can be blue and black and sometimes even purple, as long as it's dark and evil looking. GI Joe should stick to green, tan, and decent camo jobs.

Kind of vague don't you think?  RAH includes the abominations that were Battle Force 2000 vehicles.  There was also wierd ones like the Mudfighter and Swampmasher.  Personally, I would love to see the Havoc redone.  Maybe even Night Force.  Without the stupid orange parts and glow in the dark stickers.

vague yes.. but still true.

I liked the Battle Force 2000 vehicles actually.

With CLAM on this one. BF2000 had some of the best vehicles, IMO. Sky Sweeper, Eliminator and Marauder are still some of my favorite vehicles. The Vector Jet wasn't bad either. So 4 out of 6 ain't too bad. Most of the figures were pretty cool looking. So I wouldn't mind seeing any of these reissued/repainted.

I thought the Swampmasher was pretty cool to, with its roll-over-anything wheels. I never had the Mudfighter, so I can say for sure. I wouldn't mind getting one, but it wouldn't be high on my list of priorities.

What is top priority however is:

HAVOC

Tomahawk

Sky Hawk

WHALE

Desert Fox

Locust (1990)

HISS 2

Rage

Mamba

FANG 1

FANG 2

Flight Pod

All could be in original colors, Night Force-esque dark colors, dark colors in general or just some plain ol' decent colors. For alot of the ones I listed, their original colors would do just fine.

I think this is a pretty well-rounded list of small, medium, large and everything inbetween vehicles. And should be the 2005 line-up for vehicles, molds permitting. Get it done, Hasbro! Do it, do it now!

HAVOC

Tomahawk

Sky Hawk

WHALE

Desert Fox

Locust (1990)

HISS 2

Rage

Mamba

FANG 1

FANG 2

Flight Pod

That's an awesome list, especially the WHALE.

I'd like them in the original colours, though. Without stickers (factory decals are better) and weathered a bit to look more realistic (though they can't go overboard on that).

To be honest, if they released them as Tiger Force, or whatever other crazy sublines they've got up their sleeve, I wouldn't buy them. GI Joe doesn't need that stuff.

#US1#

I rather liked them too. @smilepunch@

To be honest, if they released them as Tiger Force, or whatever other crazy sublines they've got up their sleeve, I wouldn't buy them. GI Joe doesn't need that stuff.

Sure it does. Nothing wrong with it.

The only problem I have is that the new stuff doesn't resemble the old. The old Tiger Force vehicles, for example, had a distinct look to them.

The only problem I have is that the new stuff doesn't resemble the old. The old Tiger Force vehicles, for example, had a distinct look to them.

Yeah, and I hated it. It would have been cool if they had gone with a Tiger Stripe-like camo pattern, but without all the yellow. That really turned it off for me.

Same with Python Patrol, Slaughter's Marauders... didn't like any of them. I was thrilled they were releasing old molds, but it turned me off GI Joe regardless.

Yeah, and I hated it. It would have been cool if they had gone with a Tiger Stripe-like camo pattern, but without all the yellow. That really turned it off for me.

Same with Python Patrol, Slaughter's Marauders... didn't like any of them. I was thrilled they were releasing old molds, but it turned me off GI Joe regardless.

Well, even if the colors sucked (look at the Slaughter's Marauders), it was the uniformity of the look that I liked.

And, to be honest, I never really had a problem with the colors in the first place, but to each his own, right?

Of all the sublines, I think the Slaughter's Marauders vehicles look pretty darn good. It's camo and it's dark. I mean, the Equalizer was the best Joe tank (though not the most powerful). It was well-armed, holds a decent amount of figures, nicely colored and no gimmicks. Don't get much better than that.

If they had toned down the Slaughter's Marauders colors, the camo wouldve been pretty decent. Like the cancelled v1 Low-Light repaint that would have been included in the Wal-Mart 2-packs that got replaced with the less than spectacular Camo packs.

Maybe they could do a similar armor themed set with the next Wrestler that signs up. Like the Rock if those rumors had turned out to be true. "Rock's Raiders" or something like that.