Custom Contest Ideas

JoeRhyno

Well, I know TM didn't say for sure if he was going to host another one or not, but I was wondering, if you guys wanted to start pitching ideas now, that way when the time comes, we know what people are interested in. And even if you dont plan on entering, but have a cool idea... dont be afraid to post it.

My Ideas:

Video game character

Super Hero

:) well, that's all I got for now... what about you?

i think naming the characters after the new cola flavors would be cool aswell. Like vanilla, blue, cherry, wild cherry, livewire, pitch black, code red, and so on.

i dont know if i would wanna host it! but i would enter and help the hoster!

make up your own Dreadnok.

gijoes off duty.

and my personal favorite......naked female figures!! ;)

just my ideas???

btw- i have been unabl to even get into my gijoe room in the basement cause of my remodel project i have under taken! and the room is blocked off with sheetrock and power tools and all my wifes sewing and scrapbooking tables ect.ect.. i know i owe a few of you guys prizes and some other stuff Draven i didnt forget your tiger guy either ;) give me three more days and i'll have it clear enough to be able to get to my gijoe stuff! and everyone will get there stuff!

TM

How about new Viper types? I always thought the Tele-Viper would make a great Medi-Viper, for example.

Seems everybody tends to focus on figures, but what about custom vehicles? I saw a custom Night Force Moccassin that looked great.

Unfortunately, I have never tried painting toys so I wouldn't even know where to begin.

i dont know if i would wanna host it! but i would enter and help the hoster!

make up your own Dreadnok.

gijoes off duty.

and my personal favorite......naked female figures!! ;)

just my ideas???

btw- i have been unabl to even get into my gijoe room in the basement cause of my remodel project i have under taken! and the room is blocked off with sheetrock and power tools and all my wifes sewing and scrapbooking tables ect.ect.. i know i owe a few of you guys prizes and some other stuff Draven i didnt forget your tiger guy either ;)  give me three more days and i'll have it clear enough to be able to get to my gijoe stuff!  and everyone will get there stuff!

TM

Woo Hoo my collection will be complete once I get Tiger Guy! :)

Move over Flint, Snake Eyes and Duke, here comes the new bad boy. @loll@

Naked female figures...... @hmmm@ Well you have done Cobra Commander in briefs......how about we do Destro in those pink lacies he love. @smilepunch@

Draven

I knew it... TM was going to keep... "me" @lol@

j/k

Does your wife have any brick print scrapbook paper? those are good for backgrounds for figures ;)

Well, if TM doesn't want to, I'll host it... though I'll have to do some digging for some prizes(YES!!! can finally get rid of my 1991 eco warriors Flint).

Keep with the ideas and wednesday I'll make a poll for everone to vote on the ideas, whatever gets the most votes is what we'll

do. How's that???

now... where'd I put my Flint...

this could turn into a winner hosts the next contest kinda thing?

not a bad idea? prizes probably wouldnt even need to be given if you win a custom contest on this board (with all the talented awsome customizers here) the prestiege (sp?) alone might be enough you would think? but who knows I never won one!!!!

btw- yeah joe im keepin "you" bbwwhahaha! ;) also my wife has a metric ass load of scrapbook papers i use em' all the time, if i was still doing dio's i would love to use this cool sand/desert type one she has! she does have a brick wall one too i used it in my last dio.

TM

alright peeps, I'm aiming for wednesday for the voting... ah hell, make it tuesday(might as well)... then I'll post the results on sunday and the details on the new Joerhyno Custom contest!!!!

So, start brainstormin and get those ideas out there...

so far...

1)Video game character

2)Super Hero

3)make your own Dreadnok

4)cola flavors @hmmm@

5)off duty Joes

6)Naked Females(males... if you;re in to that kind of thing)

7)"Crappy figures made Great" hey, I'm quoting there ;)

8)custom vehicle

9)Updated RAH figures

10)Python Patrol/Night Force/Tiger Force/etc. Part Deux

11)International Joes

12)Transformers as joes

Well, that's it so far... I know some were meant as jokes(at least... I hope they were), but I'll leave them for now.

Joe

How about make a classic fig in the new style. Like that impressive Flint thats been shown.

I like that. Updating more RAH characters.

I like that! Update a RAH figure that has not been made yet!

Draven

When I first saw they had the barricade mold (which was later used for Gears), I thought it would be interesting if the mold was painted up in the colors of the Transformer gears.

So, my suggestion is to paint up Joes to resemble TFs (if only in color scheme). Cobra Commander as Megatron, Duke or Hawk (or Flint for you fans) as Optimus, Dial-Tone (or Blaster)as Blaster. Maybe Firefly as Starscream.

Or, of course, vehicles. A Night Raven or Rattler painted up like Starscream, for example.

okay im gonna vote for the updated classic figures! what would the rules on that be? for example- if i wanted to update Effects (from the star bigade line) wouls i just paint a effects in new colors or could i use VvV body parts or could i use Spy Troops parts? or would it be an anything goes type contest where i could use a lego figure?

TM