Is Anyone Else Tired Of Snake Eyes Like I Am???

Lady Jaye

I still like SE and SS as THE Ninja/Commando line and let's be honest, they're really the only 2 that are huge in terms of the "Ninja" kick. As far as I'm concerned, they deserve figure releases because they're amongst the most poular characters in the line bar none.

And I also agree - the 1984 and 1985 series are my favs of all time :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE SE and without him my Joe love would not be anywhere near as high. And I like Ninja's too so shoot me. I totally disagree with the remark about roots. GI Joe is not pure supre realistic Military and should not ever be. That's why 84 and 85 are considered the best years as its the best mix of realistic and not so realistic. And Cobra should be even more sci fi and crazy imo.

And I also agree - the 1984 and 1985 series are my favs of all time

Well, uh, yeah, I agree too. This was when GI Joe WAS a realistic military line. You know, before space shuttles and Cobra-La. That's exactly what I'm talking about when I say "military roots".

I would LOVE it if Hasbro started reissuing these, and maybe '86 as well, to collectors.

I don't know, when I first got into GI JOE, Snake Eyes was one of the coolest figures out there. I loved everything about it. The cartoon was great too, it had him be a great fighter, but he would get his every once in a while.

However once the comic book got to where Storm Shadow became a good guy, Snake Eyes took on this role of indestructablity!! I mean he is this supposed one man army that no trooper can kill off, and with Storm Shadow at his side, they could have taken on the entire Cobra Army and live. I think that is just too much.

Also later issues had everyone and their momma turning into Ninjas!!! I hated that so bad. I mean come on, Firefly I could possible take as a Ninja, but Zartan???? Come on now, never had he used his martial arts prowess until now, not even when he got decked by Sargeant Slaughter and got knocked the f out!!! Oh brother.

I used to think Ninjas were cool and all, but they have just been overated!!! Anyone else think too many ninjas is not so cool, especially if they are nigh indestructible!!!!

I agree completely. The ninja thing has been milked to death. I personally think that things like "ninja cycle" are stupid, and Hasbro decpits ninjas in such clownish ways that I often wonder if they even know what a ninja is.

Just because someone knows martial arts doesn't make him/her a ninja. Why do the Joes even have ninjas? They were assasins and in modern times a hitman to the mob is more like a ninja.

IMO, the Ninjas should have been all villains. Snake-eyes is undeniably cool, and my favourite character, but he's too prominent in just about everything nowadays. I, too, wish that the Ninjas were left waaaaaaaaaaaaay in the background, of kept under the auspices of COBRA. Even if they are the near-superhumans we see in the comics and recent cartoons, they'd still all work better as bad guys for me--makes the heroes work harder.

Is there something in the water of the pan handle that makes you so angry???

@loll@

Angry? Hardly. That's simply the way things are. And 8speed IS right on all counts. No ones saying you have to LIKE all the Snake-Eyes figures, but you ARE going to have to accept them. Nature of the beast, Just be thankfull that you will ALWAYS have a choice in buying a particular figure or not.

If the water does anything it makes us blunt. We dont believe in sugarcoating when a point needs to be made.

Well I know when I was a kid Snake eyes was the only Joe ninja(funny enough all of my cobras were ninjas lol) and my favorite character. I have to admit that I still like Snake Eyes after all these years. Heck this years snake was my fav sculpt since the 85. I saw Timber at the con so thats got me somthing to look foward to. I still see this as a military line, just a very sci fi military line.

I say as long as Snake Eyes and Stormy sell toys to kids let them be in every years line up. The more kids that buy the line the longer we get to enjoy it.

this is a toy-line, period, things change throughout history, and it slowy begins to repeat itself, so just sit back and chill, if you are lucky enough to have all the figures throughout g.i.joes history, then just relax and make up your own stories, stop complaining about things, there are so many good things about this line, and if you say what should be different in a modest and sincere way people will listen, don't always be so angry.

I know that i have damn near every figure that has been released since the beginning and i am happy with the way things are going, for g.i.joe to be an elite group of tacticians, we have a number of figures to choose from in an aspect of (playing) with our (toys), this line is geared towared kids, and for adults as well, be thankful the line is still alive after all these years, it's thriving quite nicely IMHO, and i am happy, snake eyes is a popular character, nuff said. NINJAS, does anyone know what a ninja is, a ninjutsu is the art of invisiblity, anyone can be a ninja, hasbro just goes toward the movie effect of masked individuals, it sells, what else can you say, and if your imagination is strong enough then you can do what you please with your (toys), just be happy, they have a new design team, and some of the figures they have produced since 2000 are some of the greatest, and i for one will keep on standing by g.i.joe, ninjas are more than you think, use your head, peace.

Oh ok keep standing by GI JOE!!! I know you must be more of a fan than I am to buy everything they throw at ya!!! So keep beliving what you want buddy boy.

I believe only a handfull are the greatest. Please don't tell me you actually liked the big feet Flint, Baroness, and the rest!!! If you did, then my sympathies!!!!!

@loll@

I can say pretty much offer any sort of criticism, I have been collecting since I was a lil girl. The original RAH line. And some of these complaints have been around since then, when they decided to make all those dumb ninjas. They watered the coolness factor that was Storm Shadow. With all these Ninjas, he didn't seem too uniques, especially since he joined GI JOE. But now that he is a Cobra, I like him again.

ANyhow you continue to buy everything Hasbro throws at ya, and I'll continue to be selective. Who has the better collection, hmmmm we'll see!!!! Why not go make up another list of figures to pick from that make no sense why they are gathered together!!!

@loll@

if i bought everything hasbro made, then i'd be a fool, and you lady jaye are just that, and if i said how i really felt, they'd probably kick me off the board, you must be the kiddie audience they are going for, you need about a comatose dosage of chill pills, get a grip and buy what you want, and imagine what you want, read my first post again and really soak it in, i think the crack pipe isn't letting you get any oxygen to your brain, how old are you anyways 10 or 11, who answers to posts like you do, someone beat her with a rubberhose and put her down like an old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ha ha ha.

Awww is someone getting agitated??? Don't get mad Lucien, your blood pressure might not be able to handle it.

And don't worry I will always believe what I want, no self righteous cretin like you will ever change that!!! So you should listen to your own advice before you get an annuerism and blow a brain cell!!!

@loll@

good grief lady jaye, do the farts you blow or the air coming from your head not blow you away, anyhoo, snake eyes is the glue holding g.i.joe together, what would g.ijoe be like if snake eyes was never invented, snake eyes is what g.i.joe is about, lady jaye looks like road pig in connie chung drag

good grief lady jaye, do the farts you blow or the air coming from your head not blow you away, anyhoo, snake eyes is the glue holdong g.i.joe together, what would g.ijoe be like if snake eyes was never invented, snake eyes is what g.i.joe is about, lady jaye looks like road pig in connie chung drag

Umm....okay.

Snake Eyes is the reason G.I. Joe still exists? Okay. Whatever.

Nobody is saying Snake Eyes SHOULDN'T have been created. Just that he is overexposed.

Oh, and wouldn't it be called Snake Eyes and Some Other Guys if what you are saying were true?

Don't worry about Lucious over there, he just hates it when a woman is smarter than him. I guess he doesn't get out much, cuase that ain't too hard!!!!

Anyhow to get back on topic, I never said Snake Eyes should have never been produced. In fact I have repeatedly stated that he was one of my favorite firgures growing up. However having him and all these other alreay established characters turn into Ninjas is dumb as hell.

Keep the line at two to three ninjas, Storm Shadow for Cobra and Snake Eyes and Jinx for GI JOE!!!! All the others like Scarlett can be martial arts experts, not ninjas.

And Lucious, if you seriously think Snake Eyes is holding GI JOE together, then you are more of a nik than I thought!!! Remember GI JOE starring Snake Eyes. He wasn't able to hold the line then was he????? Schmuck.

Allright, let's have ourselves a trivia contest!!!! And see who is the bigger Joe fan!!!! We need a moderator to ask the questions!!! Anyone up for the challenge???

And if you are trying to end your sentence with what Stan Lee would end a sentence, it's 'nuff said!!! What a maroon!!!

Just be thankfull that you will ALWAYS have a choice in buying a particular figure or not.

@loll@

Not really... I mean, sometimes you get stuck with a crappy figure you dont want because of the whole 2-pack thing...

@loll@

Just be thankfull that you will ALWAYS have a choice in buying a particular figure or not.

@loll@

Not really... I mean, sometimes you get stuck with a crappy figure you dont want because of the whole 2-pack thing...

@loll@

That is true but we were lucky to get the new SE with cycle in a one pack, this was a rare instance however.

if i bought everything hasbro made, then i'd be a fool, and you lady jaye are just that, and if i said how i really felt, they'd probably kick me off the board, you must be the kiddie audience they are going for, you need about a comatose dosage of chill pills, get a grip and buy what you want, and imagine what you want, read my first post again and really soak it in, i think the crack pipe isn't letting you get any oxygen to your brain, how old are you anyways 10 or 11, who answers to posts like you do, someone beat her with a rubberhose and put her down like an old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be, ain't what she used to be, ha ha ha.

Holy crap - what's with people today? Man, get a life... Yeah, I'm sure she's 10 or 11 if she's been collecting since the original '80s ARAH line. Sheesh. Why can't people just have an opinion and try to argue it without resorting to insults? Please...

@rolleye@

Don't worry about it Primus, check out my thread dedicated to him that got closed!!! I think I handled myslef pretty well, if I do say so myself!!!!

Holy crap - I just read that! Who is this wackjob?

Oh no, he's probably going to PM me now... geez...

Uh, anyway, to stay on topic... Ninjas are cool, when it's only one or two of them. Too many waters down the coolness factor.