Johnny Lightning St Miniatures

Mr Nobody

I posted this on yojoe.com already last week when this site had a hiccup (at least on my computer)

I know there's a few guys other than myself who'll be collecting these. With the exception of the NX-01 Enterprise, all the announced pieces have been done before as Micro Machines. With so many of those still available on the secondary market, am I the only one who's a little dissappointed about that? Why couldn't they have given us something along the lines of a Reman Scimitar first instead of 'rehashes'?

And if Futura is still doing slightly upscaled versions as well, I'd like to see a Klingon Negh'Var in the next series. I really want to see that. :)

Anyone else care to discuss?

• 1 month later...
With so many of those still available on the secondary market, am I the only one who's a little dissappointed about that? Why couldn't they have given us something along the lines of a Reman Scimitar first instead of 'rehashes'?

Odds are because these are prominent, fan favorite ships and you dont start a new line with unproven properties.

Look at AAs trek lines. They started out with an unproven property, Enterprise. This tanked badly and crippled the line. Now theres no chance of picking up TOS figs at Target or TRU because bad ENT sales cared them off. Nemesis didnt do too well either by some accounts and these figures had to be marked down too.

And what law says one company's product has to be beholden to what another line has made? This isnt Micro Machines. Fan favorites SELL. JL would be shooting themselves in the foot if they started out with more recent, obscure ships. Maybe theyll intersperse some more recent ones in future waves, but it makes sense to start out with the basics untill the line is established enough to take chances