Sparkling Playset(s)

JoeRhyno

Hey guys, I got my shipment of EverSparkle Playsets today and all I have to say is...

WOW

I never knew what "eversparkle" was for the longest time, then I read that thread about the dreadnok compound and I remember one of my buddies telling me about these, so I ordered them for us(but he later didn't want them)...

These things are awesome... let me break it down for those who dont know what they are.

It's a playset... THAT YOU BUILD!!!!

Yep, that's right, it comes like this:

Joes100.jpg

and mine didn't come with instructions(dont know if this is standard or not).

Here's the rest it came with:

Joes101.jpg

those are all the building parts, everything is in pieces, and you have to build it all.

There are also 8 figures in each package(at least in the one box I've opened so far). and a little mini tank(though... I threw that in my sons future toy box). The weapons and accessories that the figures come with, in my opinion, put some of the newer hasbro stuff to shame...

take a look:

Joes102.jpg

Incase you cant make out the pics... there's helmets, gas masks, night vision goggles, some cool storage boxes(which you can actually put stuff in), some gas cans, oil drums, ammo cases, a table, some heavy weapons, knee pads and various pegged items like, flashlights, walkie talkies, pouches, grenades, guns, smoke grenades, and some other items. what I mean by pegged is, you can attach them to the two holes on the figures legs(one hole per leg).

The knee pads are pretty cool too, they have little rubbery belts that you strap them on(think 12" type stuff), and same with the night vision goggles. I'm a little upset that you cant put both NV goggles, or the gasmask AND a helmet on at the same time... but hey, you cant be TOO picky.

There are I think 4 different types of helmets... here's a guy I pieced together:

Joes104.jpg

He's pretty poseable, close to the PTE figures, but I think better, he also has a removable vest, and the guys have different types of vests too, though, only two different heads... but with all the different items, and different helmets/NV goggles/Gasmasks... you can have them all looking pretty different.

As far as articulation...

they're awesome(take note hasbro)...

Swivel head, wrists, arms, thighs, and feet. And the rest I think you can see for yourself.

I tried various items on joes I had laying around and they work real well... here's a peek of Firefly with his new NV goggles:

Joes107.jpg

ooops... didn't mean for that small of a pic...

Well, in my opinion, these figures get a 8.5 out of 10, not bad for being a cheap-o... the only downfall is the lack of color and detail in paint and the use of only two heads... other than that, I reall like them...

Now for the BEST PART!!!!

Here's a quick snap shot of the base... they're interlocking pieces, so you can make any shape you want:

Joes103.jpg

Here's something I threw together so you could see it as a whole:

Joes108.jpg

it's pretty nice, only down fall, is not enough walls, it's like... THEY WANT YOU TO BUY MORE!!!!!

here's some more views:

Joes106.jpg

and from the front:

Joes105.jpg

and in under 2 mins... I changed it to this:

Joes109.jpg

Now, as you can see, I have a box cutter on the front of the base... I wish they would have made it connect-able to the other floor pieces, it's soo top heavy, that it wants to tip, but I found that it only takes 2-3 joes on the bottom floor to keep it standing okay. I also wish it came with more in the likes of tables or chairs or something, it comes with a table looking thing and some green communication thing that has a button for sound... but no sound.

Score for the base... 9 out of 10

over all for the price(about $12 after UPS shippin rapes...I mean rates)...

8.75 out of 10

A MUST BUY if you're into Dios or setting up your joes!!!

Hope my mini-review was helpful!!!

Joe

right now mine is basically being used for storage, i plan on picking a couple more up and adding on.

i wanted to add a holding cell for prisoners, being that in my joeverse, the team was basically forced into an abandoned police station in a leveled springfield after a cobra trap.

100_1345.jpg

oh, and pay no mind to the random lbc's sitting around.

100_1351.jpg

hard drive and hi-tech both hard at work at the bottom of the watch towers.

100_1354.jpg

100_1352.jpg

little briefing scene amongst the joe hierarchy, i actually need to put a desk in there for hawk's office and possibly a map on the wall. if anyone can pass along a tip or two, i'd appreciate it.

100_1348.jpg

check out the PTE base at KB.com, it comes with a table, chairs and a map/board thingie... I'd say, if you have a good printer, print out some maps, or just go to the store and buy an atlas and cut away(or maybe a military mag).

That actually looks pretty damn good Fighting X!! Makes good use of the way you set it up. I really like the briefind room with all the head honchos!!!

But who is in front of Stalker, to the right of Hawk's right???

I'm not too sure about the KB one, the tower looks a little different, the pics on mine is one complete(besides the tank) straight out of the box. You might wanna try to compair the pics to the KB one... hope that helps.

Joe

But who is in front of Stalker, to the right of Hawk's right???

ah, that's actually my flint.

fairly basic; jvc beach head legs and waist, jvc stalker torso and arms, jvc dusty head with jvc stalker's barret cut off and attached.

i actually have the new bbi figures with the barrets, i should just swap that out and use their's. should look better, seems to me that stalker's makes flint's head look a little big/elongated.

flint.jpg

I got my 3 sets delivered last night!

I opened one and I was actually surprised by all the accessories, because they were much better than I was expecting. Basically, I was buying the sets just for the building, but the abundance of good accessories was totally awesome! (e-tools, crates, barrels, ammo cans, binoculars, radios, canteens, gas masks, helmets, etc)

These were a steal at $8.89 (BTW, that was me that pointed out the sale price to y'all ##1#).

The one at KB has 10 figs and 10 wall panels instead of 8 figs and 8 wall panels. So, it's only slightly bigger but costs several times more.

After seeing pics of this thing last week, I went out and grabbed two of my own. These things are great. I just wish they had as many props for the inside as they do for the outside. My tower pieces are different than yours. I like yours better.

I admit it looked plain until I populated the inside. This is the best idea for a playset ever. It's simple. It can be made into numerous combinations and combined with other sets.

base1.jpg

Full view. It's already on a shelf so the pics aren't that good. Tunnel Rat, Backblast, Stalker, and Alpine await the enemy.

base2.jpg

Made a mission briefing area. I was going to put a plasma screen on the wall with some kind of picture on it and throw a map on the table. All the crates are stacked in the area with Heavy Duty.

base3.jpg

There is a jail cell behind the Mech station. My AA Storm Shadow is in the cell. Cousin Jinx is trying to talk som since into him while Leatherneck rides Hard Drive's @$$ over getting his Mech prepped.

base4.jpg

Wild Bill keeping a lookout.

I didn't even think of stacking the pieces to make two stories. Now I have to go find another one.

I got mine at a Kaybee Toy Liquidators. Some of the accessories out front didn't come with it. The communications dish on the far left of the first pic and the spotlight on the far right of the same pic came with the Toys R Us Freedom Fighters Flatbed truck. The two barbed wire pieces front center of same pic cam with The CORPS! watchtower. Everything else, with the exception of the figures and vehicles, came with it.