Green Lantern:rebirth

Blackmada

it was a good read. I'm very much anticipating #2.

Guy's lost control of his powers again since Hal/Parallax seems to be trying to turn back time [again]. I hope he doesn't lose his powers from this. It would reek of hack writing [though it would probably be more DC fault not ######'s] I actually prefer Guy as Warrior.

Enjoyed the issue very much! I've been eagerly awaiting the return of Hal and I can't think of a better writer the Johns to do it!

I hope Guy stays around....but only as Warrior. I can't stand him as a GL!

@bats@

I would prefer he stay Warrior too. I'm nervous since their "turning back the clock" that if Guy loses his powers he might go back to the bowl headed idiot stage again. I haven't commited to the new series again so if that happens I don't think I will buy the new series.

As a long time H.E.A.T. member I was pleased with it. I think we are going to see that Hal Jordan and Parallax are two separate entities and thet Parallax wanted control of the Spectre all the time. Persoanlly, I hope Guy does become a GL again. The most interesting part of the story is what's going on with Coast City. I've been waiting almost 10 years for this and it feels so great!

Did this actually hit stands? I've tried 3 comic book stores in the area and none of them had this in - Did it sell out? It's quite frustrating.

It more than likely sold out. There was something on the main page here saying it was already going to second print.

Midtowncomics.com still has it. You could try ordering it from there.

I haven't collected a GL comic EVER and besides their guest appearances and/or in JLA, I don't know much about their history.

I LOVE Van Scivar's artwork though. And ###### Johns is no slacker. I don't think I'll make a full opinion of this comic until it's done though. SO far so good, but I reserve my full comments. heh

If Guy really does end up losing his powers, I really hope he does not become a GL again. I would like to see him somehow end up with Sinestros ring again.

They could have done much more with that before they turned him into Warrior.

They couldn't do anything more with Guy and the yellow ring because by the time Kyle took over as GL in the main title DC seemed to have a Kyle only has a ring rule hence why Alan Scott became Sentinel, John became a Darkstar and was later crippled and Guy became Warrior.

I hope Guy stays Warrior or we get a new version of Warrior where Guy becomes a GL again but retains the super strength, healing ability and Vuldarian fighting skills an tactics. I think this would please both sets of Guy Gardner fans. Even Beau Smith liked my idea. :)

As a long time H.E.A.T. member I was pleased with it.  I think we are going to see that Hal Jordan and Parallax are two separate entities and thet Parallax wanted control of the Spectre all the time.  Persoanlly, I hope Guy does become a GL again.  The most interesting part of the story is what's going on with Coast City.  I've been waiting almost 10 years for this and it feels so great!

I thought this as well. We will probably find out that Hal was being partially controlled by Parallax since before GL 48. Parallax has probably never had full control, which is what allowed Zero Hour to be finished and Hal to save the sun. Parallax may be similar to or a part of Extant. Hank Hall was used and abused by Extant, so why couldn't Hal be treated the same by Parallax?

Haven't read this story arc, or any GL since Hal went mad, but after reading the previous posts I am going to try to track it down!

That said, you all seem to be refering to Hal and Parallax as seperate entities, (unlike for instance how Batman and Bruce Wayne are the same, just a costume change). Was there some "Parallax entity" that possessed Hal? Can anyone explain? Thanks!

Haven't read this story arc, or any GL since Hal went mad, but after reading the previous posts I am going to try to track it down!

That said, you all seem to be refering to Hal and Parallax as seperate entities, (unlike for instance how Batman and Bruce Wayne are the same, just a costume change). Was there some "Parallax entity" that possessed Hal? Can anyone explain? Thanks!

Well, we don't know what happened yet. For the past decade the common knowledge has been that Hal Jordan went mad and started calling himself Parallax. Now, they are bringing Hal back, and the only way to really do that is with the evil influence/mind control thing. So far in Rebirth it seems as if they are hinting that Hal and Parallax might be separate entities. We'll all just have to read the rest of Rebirth and see what they come up with.

They couldn't do anything more with Guy and the yellow ring because by the time Kyle took over as GL in the main title DC seemed to have a Kyle only has a ring rule hence why Alan Scott became Sentinel, John became a Darkstar and was later crippled and Guy became Warrior.

Hmm makes sense I guess. Thanks for clearing that up for me. And that little suggestion for Guy in a new GLC works for me too. I just miss those yellow ring days is all. :(

Spoiler question..............

Did Kyle get knocked off in the first few pages???

No, Kyle hasn't bought it...yet. Actually, DC has been very tight lipped on the fate of Kyle Rayner. He may survive or he may not. I think that either way, he'll be out of the picture for a while, at least until Hal gets re-established in his book.

I also enjoyed this book.

It did sell out at DC, days before it was released. A new version is available for reorder. If you want a copy, your comic shop should be able to order the 2nd printing.

If you like Hal, this series is highly recommended as it will set his role in the DCU for quite a while. If you like Kyle, John, or Guy, or even Alan, you might want to pick it up as well. They all have pagetime here.

I join those who hope that even though time seems to be turning back, that Guy stays as Warrior. The 1/2 Vuldarian Warrior really helped Guy step out from under the shadow of the others as his own unique hero. To move him back just seems wrong. Beau Smith did some great stuff with Guy in that last year or so of his series, growing a new heart and everything.

I also hope Kyle will remain in some capacity. How about this:

Hal is star of GL book as GL of Earth and Sector 2814.

John somehow stays as GL of the JLA.

Kyle stays GL and headlines stories about the GLCorps.

Guy retains his Warrior powers and persona.

Hmm makes sense I guess. Thanks for clearing that up for me. And that little suggestion for Guy in a new GLC works for me too. I just miss those yellow ring days is all. :(

No problem electricbugaloo.

Spoiler

At the beginning of rebirth when Kyle crashed on earth he had what looked like a coffin in his ship with the Parallax symbol on it.What do you think it is??Hals body returned from the sun?Parallax's containment unit??Johns is the man when it comes to cliffhanging writing.

Read issue 1 a couple of days ago but I will be re-reading it soon. I enjoyed it alot even though I don't know the history regarding Hal/Parallax, etc.

Van Sciver's art is beautiful and ###### Johns is fantastic. I am definitely intrigued by Rebirth.

Will Green Lantern be relaunched with Hal coming back?