A Closer Look At My Customs

GaZ

Here's Megatron in a couple of action poses...

megs1.jpg

megs2.jpg

And now a couple of Prime, compared with the original paint job, and RID Scourge...

prime1.jpg

prime2.jpg

prime3.jpg

And now for the battle royale...

megsprime1.jpg

megsprime2.jpg

Hope you like :)

They look great, but how do you not get fingerprints on your Megs?

I use testors silver paint on model kits and even after it's sat for a week to dry as soon as I pick it up the silver gets finger prints in it.

It dries just the same as any other colour paint. I used Humbrol enamels for it

I LOVE those.

I've never done a custom job before, but I may have to track down a G2 Megs and do one. Any hints? I don't suppose you have instructions posted somewhere, do you?

Quite simply put, I unscrewed a Destructicon Bludgeon, and threw away the shoulder cannon, air bubble, etc.

Next, painted it all up. Mainly silver, with black highlights. Was gonna do those green bits on his stomach red, but the paint wouldn't take at all.

Next, screw it all back together, and you have a Megatron, minus the fusion cannon. For this, you will need one of the missiles from your Bludgeon, a Destructicon Scourge, a cheap black biro and a scart lead.

Firstly, destroy the Scourge as all you need is the back panel with the two missile holders. Carefully remove one of these. To do this I sawed it out roughly, then sanded it up with a rotary tool (or "dremel"). This will be glued onto his right arm shortly. But look, it won't fit straight, it'll dip down. Thats where the biro comes in. Break the clip off, sand it up, and then glue it on. Now, glue your Scourge clip on top.

To make the fusion cannon itself, rip the stupid rubber bit off your missile, and then cut a bit off that end, otherwise it'll be too long. Next, cut your scart lead in half, and unscrew that bit from where the wire meets the plug. Glue it to the missile. Clip your missile into the holder on his arm, and hey presto! :)

Add Decepticon logo to his chest and you're finished. Better still, this logo will disappear when transformed into alt mode, so he really is in disguise. Only thing is the alt mode wont look like much now, since there is no gun on the tank.