Ninja And Desert Force 6 - Pack

cmderinchief

Folks in the midwest, check your TRUs. Went in today to pick up GTA: San Andreas and to also take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free PS2, Xbox and GC games (yes, you can mix and match between the 3 and still get the same deal!).....rounded the corner just to browse by the Joes and really not expecting to see 'em, but they were there! $19.99 as expected.

I got both, so I rush home to cancel my pre-order with Amazon.com, but my Desert 6-pack has already shipped. How easy is it to do a RMA with Amazon??

A new GTA and Ace Combat game plus 12 new Joes. I'm happy! :D

GO RED SOX!

My friend called today to let me know that he was picking up a Ninja 6 pack for me today from a Toys R Us in Indy. Take it from the Commander and I, if they're showing up in Indiana, that means the rest of you guys should keep an eye out for em! Happy hunting!

Yeah, so does the desert team look as ugly as the early pics showed? I just can't get past those awful uniforms. I might just be a little biased as to what a desert uniform should look like, but I still think that set is plain ugly. Honestly, I can't even get into the ninja set. I like the two female ninjas, but that's about it. The old Storm Shadow mold just doesn't impress me anymore. Especially with the new one from Wave 4. I just think the ninja set looks dated. I doubt if I will pick up either of these sets.

The ninja's as far as I can tell are kickin' it in the east coast right now waiting for their flight to the west coast.....

any sign McFly, Dreadnoks, Admiral Hunter, Ccav???? Any sightings?

The ninja's as far as I can tell are kickin' it in the east coast right now waiting for their flight to the west coast.....

any sign McFly, Dreadnoks, Admiral Hunter, Ccav???? Any sightings?

The TRU near me is crappy. :) But, I am going to my parents place Saturday after work. So, after work I get to stop by TRU on the way home, and have my parents stop at another TRU on their way home from the airport, and hopefully convince 'em to check the one in Fairfield as well! :)

Either way, life sucks for Joes! I need one more Snow Wolf vs. BAT, and all of Wave 4!!!! Not to mention these six packs. :)

-Kevin

any sign McFly, Dreadnoks, Admiral Hunter, Ccav????  Any sightings?

The TRU near me is crappy. :) But, I am going to my parents place Saturday after work. So, after work I get to stop by TRU on the way home, and have my parents stop at another TRU on their way home from the airport, and hopefully convince 'em to check the one in Fairfield as well! :)

Either way, life sucks for Joes! I need one more Snow Wolf vs. BAT, and all of Wave 4!!!! Not to mention these six packs. :)

-Kevin

Tell me about it my TRU is pretty crappy too, but I cannot complain since "sometimes" they get things early but as far as the ninja set and the dessert set no sign of them yet, checking again tomorrow and seeing what I can hopefully find.

does anyone have the actual UPC code from the package and/or the SKU number on the receipt for the ninja pack?

I didn't find anything last night at TRU, but I wanna call today to see if it's in stock.

thanks!

skn # 091815 ninja clan. Thats the number Ive neen using but they dont have it and dont know when they'll get it. No wonder the anti-task and urban sets are still warming the shelf. Let me know if you can confirm this number.

They are both out in CT

Found them this a.m. at the TRU in Manchester

What's the UPC on the package and the SKU number off of the receipt?

Thanks!

SKN numbers are 091842 for the Desert set and 091815 for the Ninja set. They can search for those numbers at the front desk if they are helpful. You can also get the SKN numbers off Amazon, they are included in the listings.

My TRU in Racine said they had 6 of the Ninja sets on the floor, but they couldn't find them and the guy in that department hadn't seen them.

Found both packs today in the Philly area. The ninja pack is decent. For all you complaining about the bow and arrow not being useful - just use one of the ubiquitous clear bands that come with just about everything now as the bowstring - looks much better. The backpack and M-16 are strange choices but the rest are fine.

The desert pack is really not worth buying, now that I opened it and got an upclose look. Crappy weapons and strange uniforms. Dusty is suited to be Doc's patient on the stretcher from a Hummer accident or something with that neckbrace on. What possessed hasbro to do that?? This set is not Hasbro's best work. On a side note, Ambush is now pulling the same stunt as "Zap" Melendez and Ralph "Steeler" Pulaski from the comic packs.

I got a Desert Patrol pack from Amazon. It's the worst 6 pack yet in terms of effort. 8 guns and NO other accessories. Most of the guns don't fit with RAH molds. The Red Spot rifle has a handle too think for most GvsC figures.

They gave the Lowlight V2 mold ("Dusty") the fake boot look ala Lamprey V2 and V3. And they left the holsters unpainted. That and the neck brace look. Man, every bad move they could use on that figure they did except painted flesh on the head.

It's funny that if an average, non-joe fan bought the set, they'd have no idea which figures were Dusty and Ambush. In fact, if you look at the art work, Dusty has face camo and a collared shirt, like the Ambush figure has. The Tripwire "Ambush" artwork show a character with a covered neck and two shoulder straps which is similar to the neckbrace "Dusty" kitbash.

The artwork does show the figures in the order they are packaged in, though.

"Dusty", mustacheless Stalker and Ambush make for easy new characters, which is the highlight of the set for me. Snakes ain't bad, either. I just wish they'd had the guts to go all desert with him. Pants won't do good if the top is a totally different color, but that applies to everyone but Stalker.

Stalker is listed as being a ranger again on his file card. About time. Not sure if he's the leader, since Gung-ho, Snake Eyes and him are all E-7's. Guess Stalker has seniority and can speak. But I say Gung-ho is boss....because I'm not using that figure as Stalker.

I just hope Hasbro saved enough money on this set to invest in much better 6-packs in the next wave. If there is one...

:unsure: