Playsets You Would Like To See?

Phanstar

This new ninja set with the sort of mini Dojo playset has got me thinking? What other small scale mini playsets would you like to see get a release???

For me I think a top one would be, Cobra Commander Throne Room... This could be as simple as a cobra throne on a little plastic base or something, I dont care, I just think it would be cool..

Definately a release of something similiar to the Bivouac... or even better yet a cloth tent or something similiar to the Corps tents....

Maybe a Dr. Mindbenders lab, this could be as simple as a table with some bottles and computers or something on it, maybe some sort of tank or something...

Any sort of computer room, could just be a plastic wall with monitors and computers and a chair or two...

These would all be great... could be made on a small enough scale to stay in the 10-15 bucks range... and could look uber cool in a dio?

Any other neat ideas?!?

Phanstar

I WANNA NEW TERRORDROME AND USS FLAGG! But man would THAT be expensive. :( Anyhoo, a Throne room and Lab would be great. Throw in stuff like a Cobra Dojo training set for their ninjas. As an added bonus, maybe you could connect them into one big playset. Man, you and I should work for Hasbro. :)

I was really thinking more along the lines of smaller playsets... As I dont think we are likely to see any 50-100 dollar fortresses released anytime soon. But stuff like Dr Mindbenders Laboratory... I mean, SURE that COULD be a 30-50 dollar playset and would be SUPER cool... But I was just thinking more of the lines of the little dojo in the ninja set. Simplistic and small. Could be used for a little dio.... Like you know, Just a metal Table with some test tubes and chemical supplies and then a computer or two and a plastic tank or something with some "water" or something floating in it... This could be done real simple, include a mindbender repaint, and sold for 14.99, and I bet it would sell out and be super cool...

Likewise a Cobra Commander "Throne Room" could be something as simple as a small plastic base, with a few sculpted steps leading up to a "throne" chair shaped like a snake. Maybe put some foot pegs on either side of it so you could easily stand some guards up behind him... and ta-da... a neat little playset... With yet another CC repaint, this too could be a simple carded, 14.99 playset.... Heck it could even be sculpted to resemble his chair in the VvV movie just to help sell the movie and the toy and everything....

I definately agree with Dragonrider.... some sort of thing where they could attach together would be SWEET.... imagine a Cobra Throne room, Mindbenders Lab, and Cobra Ninja training room, all attached together, eventually forming your own mini "Cobra Headquarters" if they did that, the additions could be endless...

TeleVipers Survellience/COM room??? Vipers Armory??? How about that one? Just some stone or metal walls, with ways to snap a variety of rifles and hand guns onto the walls... maybe even some of the removable crimson guard helmets hanging around, and some of those oh so pretty Cobra Symbols painted up would be SWEET....

Just dreaming a little dream but I gotta admit just thinking about this, I think this would be a CASH CROP for Hasbro... For Kids and Collectors alike... I mean heck similiar things could be done for the Joe side too... Hackers PC Room, General Abernathy's Quarters, Beachheads Training Course, ect ect... all including a pack in figure (Since hasbro JUST LOVES to do repaints)....

Just a dream...

Phanstar

Dr.Mindbender's lab would be bitchen only to the extent that it would have tons of accessories for himself.

I'd like to see some sort of "GI Joe Underground HQ" with like 2 levels, and the top being some sort of desert themed with an elevator to bring down vehicles just like in Spytroops.

anything is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

But it would be great to have them connectable.........

"LIKE EVERSPARKLES SET"----the one that came out awhile back

MINDBENDER LAB------THRONE ROOM-----COMPUTER AREA w/ LARGE SCREEN

JOE'S---BREIFING/ COMPUTER ROOM-------TRAINING ROOM-------

WEAPONS ARMORY----???????????????

But---------a large BASE for both would be sweet!!!!!

SOMETHING BETTER THAN THE MMC----AND CO-STUPID-BRA MOUNTAIN

I HAVE THEM BOTH ---------theyre OK

I guess ill just have to make em my self!!!!!!!!

i mean the playsets i want!!!!!!!

BUT A reissue ---------TERROR DROME-------would be sweet

BUT TOOOOOOOOOO MUCH$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You know you all would buy it though no matter the price!!!!!!!

HA

DOC

Um...well..let's see...

How about ANYTHING.

Actually, no. the 1990s Joe headquarters is pretty crappy, as was the Cobra Mountain (hey Phanstar, THERE is your Cobra throne!).

I mentioned it before, but I think a set of "build your own bases" would work, especially if generic enough. Individual room that can be connected together. A brig, computer room, arsenal, motorpool, etc. And a set of Cobra stuff like Cobra Commander's throne room or Mindbender's lab.

About the only thing I would consider buying would be an armory. Preferrably one that didn't have identifying marks so it could be used for either Joe or Cobra. And even then it can't be hokey-looking like that Cobra Mountain... thing. It should look like something the Punisher would own and operate out of, something even he would be proud of.

Alot of wall mounts, gun racks, lockers and crates would also have to be included. And [more than] a few useable guns to display would be nice also.

And something like this shouldn't cost more than $20-30 bucks. Anything more would really be pushing it.

I loved the Cobra Battle Bunker from the days of ol'. It was a perfect little outpost that was well fortified. I could see a couple of them in a line serving as a last line of defense for Cobra before the Joes reached the Terror Drome.

On the lab thing, isn't there rumors about one coming out soon. I remember hearing all these rumors about it around con time, but it died off pretty quickly. There was supposed to be some kind of tank type thing where Mindbender could create his V Troops. Now that I think of it, it would end up being something like the movie. Any insight on this? I know Draven is usually pretty up to speed on these kind of things, and I haven't seen a comment yet.

Um...well..let's see...

How about ANYTHING.

Actually, no. the 1990s Joe headquarters is pretty crappy, as was the Cobra Mountain (hey Phanstar, THERE is your Cobra throne!).

Actually yes.

The only real flaw with the 90s HQ were the colors. The RAHC re-release corrected this. Loads of pegs for great displays and even the spring-loaded battle damage wasnt too obtrusive. Plus it had a vehicle bay and an artillery launcher you could remove and display seperaltely.

Best of all it folded up for easy storage.

Um...well..let's see...

How about ANYTHING.

What's wrong with the 92 HQ? It's what I had as a kid, and it was awesome.

The only major problems with Cobra Mountain was that it was a re-worked Star Wars toys, and that they tried to do too much in to little of a space. (I still like it though.)

Besides, the question was what playsets would you like to see? I said anything, because there are no playsets.

Um...well..let's see...

How about ANYTHING.

Actually yes.

The only real flaw with the 90s HQ were the colors. The RAHC re-release corrected this. Loads of pegs for great displays and even the spring-loaded battle damage wasnt too obtrusive. Plus it had a vehicle bay and an artillery launcher you could remove and display seperaltely.

:rolleyes:

Um...well..let's see...

How about ANYTHING.

What's wrong with the 92 HQ? It's what I had as a kid, and it was awesome.

The only major problems with Cobra Mountain was that it was a re-worked Star Wars toys, and that they tried to do too much in to little of a space. (I still like it though.)

Besides, the question was what playsets would you like to see? I said anything, because there are no playsets.

Well, it was too gimmicky with the "battle damage" stuff. A bit unrealistic (people can't reach the top tower, for example).

And what do you mean there are no playsets? You just named two of them (Cobra Mountain and Joe HQ). Also, the MCC counts as a playset.

Most of us would love to see reissues of the RAH playsets (80s Joe HQ, Terror Drome, Whale, Battle Platform, Bivouac, Watchtower, Cobra Battle Bunker, etc.).

What might be cool would be "new sculpts" for RAH playsets like they did with the figures. In other words, new vehicles/playsets that resemble classic vehicles.

Um...well..let's see...

How about ANYTHING.

Actually yes.

:rolleyes:

Its all true. TAP even agrees

There was even a less embellished version released in the Street Fighter movie line. Even without the electronics it still made a great Cobra base. Ive owned that and the RAHC version of the 90s HQ. I can attest theres plenty of play value in the playset.

You may be right on the original 90s colors being crappy. Ill even admit you may have a point about Cobra Mountian. But thats all.

Well, it was too gimmicky with the "battle damage" stuff.

And the spring loaded gimmicks were pretty unobtrusive. You can choose not to set them off. I even know a guy who disabled the springs and glued parts in.

The playsets pluses still outweigh the minuses.

A bit unrealistic (people can't reach the top tower, for example).

Let me get this straight. You're saying the HQ from GI Joe should be discredited... Because its unrealistic? Wow.

I guess not all Joe toys can adhere to the stark naked realism like Ninjas, rampant genetic engineering and Battle Android Troopers do. If you can accept all that then you can pretend theres a little ladder on the side. There are even pictures on the box of people riding the winch up to the upper levels.

I just got a complete '92 HQ for 20 bucks, I love it, never had one before. It doesn't have any decals on it, but maybe that's a good thing! I also picked up a complete General, including the copter, for $30 Bucks, now that was an awesome playset as well.

That it was. Great catch there. Especially for the price. Id love a General re-issue. Without the yellow of course. Did it have the driver?

I generally dont put all my decals on, personally. Shame Hasbro wont give us the choice. Often I wind up REMOVING decals from them.

That it was. Great catch there. Especially for the price. Id love a General re-issue. Without the yellow of course. Did it have the driver?

I generally dont put all my decals on, personally. Shame Hasbro wont give us the choice. Often I wind up REMOVING decals from them.

Yep, I got the driver Major Storm, with Helmet, missing gun but no biggie, since he is the driver. And a V2 Wild Bill almost complete was in the helicopter bag. They had Wild Bill and the Locust in a separate bag, they didn't know the 'copter was part of The General.So I brought the price down from their asking price of 40 to 25, then I offered another 7 for the Wild Bill and Locust, which they accepted. I went back an hour or so later and offered them 20 for the HQ, they were asking 25.. If you think about it, the decals on the HQ are unecessary and actually very dated, in a bad way. So I'm very happy with my deal.

Also,on the HQ, there is a platform that raises almost to the top deck, so you can pretend there's a ladder out of sight somwhere. Spring Loaded stuff isn't even noticable, and neither is the battle damaged stuff. The colors actually look pretty good in person. I prefer to think of it as a Joe trining ground, I posed Sgt. Slaughter barking orders while standing on one of the many pegs, no such thing as too many pegs. HQ was complete with every single missle, the barrel, the whole nine yards.

And what do you mean there are no playsets? You just named two of them (Cobra Mountain and Joe HQ). Also, the MCC counts as a playset.

Sorry, let me clarify myself. I meant there are no playsets coming out soon (that I know of).

Yep, I got the driver Major Storm, with Helmet, missing gun but no biggie, since he is the driver. And a V2 Wild Bill almost complete was in the helicopter bag. They had Wild Bill and the Locust in a separate bag, they didn't know the 'copter was part of The General.So I brought the price down from their asking price of 40 to 25, then I offered another 7 for the Wild Bill and Locust, which they accepted. I went back an hour or so later and offered them 20 for the HQ, they were asking 25.. If you think about it, the decals on the HQ are unecessary and actually very dated, in a bad way. So I'm very happy with my deal.

Also,on the HQ, there is a platform that raises almost to the top deck, so you can pretend there's a ladder out of sight somwhere. Spring Loaded stuff isn't even noticable, and neither is the battle damaged stuff. The colors actually look pretty good in person. I prefer to think of it as a Joe trining ground, I posed Sgt. Slaughter barking orders while standing on one of the many pegs, no such thing as too many pegs. HQ was complete with every single missle, the barrel, the whole nine yards.

Dang! You got an amazing deal! Where was this at?

Sorry, let me clarify myself. I meant there are no playsets coming out soon (that I know of).

You're right, I think Hasbro stated at the convention that it wasn't cost effective to release a new playset. They didn't rule it out completely, but they don't have anything planned for the future.

Dang! You got an amazing deal! Where was this at?

Flea Market,Some parents were selling their 20 year old's Joe collection whilst he is away at college. His idea, they sent him the money.

I have the new HQ right next to my HQ Command Center V1, the grays are almost an exact match, green are a different, but no by much, matches The General and my MANTA. And the green and Gray both matches my V1 Silver Mirage.