Interesting Bit Of Info...

Gundam Prime

I'm not sure if this is new to anyone or not but it caught my attention when reading the headlines at Tformers:

There will be Convoys for each of the planets which we know Galaxy Convoy will be one but two more has been unveiled named Flame Convoy & Nitroglycerine/Nitro Convoy.

Perhaps Flame Convoy = Rodimus Prime and Nitro Convoy = ????. I just hope these are not repaints of GF Prime. And whose ultimate leader among the three?

If someone says "This looks like a job for 'so and so'", then I swear to God, I'm going to beat the life out of my Unicron.

Well, maybe I won't do something that drastic.....maybe just a sack of kittens instead. @smilepunch@

Remember! In japan Convoy is just a TERM! A Title! Much like prime is here!

Rodimus - Prime

Optimus Prime

The other convoys will most likely not be other optimus's just other "convoys" Leaders of whatever particular planet they are asigned too!

Remember! In japan Convoy is just a TERM! A Title! Much like prime is here!

Rodimus - Prime

Optimus Prime

The other convoys will most likely not be other optimus's just other "convoys" Leaders of whatever particular planet they are asigned too!

Great deduction there Sherlock :rolleyes:

Black primes are always cool... This might prove to be interesting.

I've always viewed "Prime" to be a rank rather than a name, which is why Hod Rod became Rodimus Prime (then demoted to Rodimus Major - ha!).

Not sure whats supposed to be so funny, but "Major" is an honorary title bestowed on AUTOBOTS who exhibit great potential. So its not a rank, but a title of esteem.

And he wasnt demoted. He stepped down voluntarily and allowed Prime to resume command.

Oh Doc, he did get demoted. It was done by a ruling body called the "7-9 year old viewers that wanted Optimus Prime back, otherwise they won't get their parents to buy any more of the current toys". @smilepunch@

Not sure whats supposed to be so funny, but "Major" is an honorary title bestowed on AUTOBOTS who exhibit great potential. So its not a rank, but a title of esteem.

And he wasnt demoted. He stepped down voluntarily and allowed Prime to resume command.

Just because you step down voluntarily doesn't mean it's not a demotion, dude. It's still a step down the ladder.

And I'm not trying to be funny - you do know the real reason he's called Rodimus Major is because there were trademark difficulties with the name "Hot Rod", right? I was just making light of that fact.

Assuming those are repaints, what is the price point of Prime? Just to know how much to spend.

Cybertron Optimus Prime will be $40 when he gets released next summer, if you want to import a Galaxy Force convoy, look at $50-60.

Considering there are all indications of 3-4 Convoys, I would suspect that they will be new, smaller, molds, rather than a 3 versions of a Super toy.