Teen Titan Theries

rust

These are my theries about the Teen Titans Universe.

1. Teen Titans takes place in the The Batman Universe. Glen Murakami works on both shows. Teen Titans takes place hopefully after Robin joins Batman in The Batman.

2. Jason Todd is Red X. Jason Todd becomes Robin after Robin forms the Titans in the The Batman Universe. After Batman thinks he killed someone, he let Todd take a break. He then became Red X during that time.

3. Robin is Dick Grayson More Proof.

I'd go with TAS myself. How do we know for sure they'll even have Robin on The Batman? At least he's already been on TAS. Besides,the way Timm and Co. keeping tiptoeing around the question while beating everyone over the heads with clues that point that way,boosts that theory.

i think its still obvious that it is Dick Grayson as Robin here...where the continuity takes place i dunno...there was that one episode where Slade says you will look at me like a father and Robin looks up and says i have a father and the bats fly around...thats was my clue that it was Dick and not Tim...the whole Larry episode just further proved my hunch

Is this really in contention? Still?

The Robin in TTAS is Dick Grayson.. why? Cuz the incarnation of Teen Titans the show is dealing with is during Grayson's tenure on the team. Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy and Raven are his contemporaries, not Tim's.

At first, the creators wanted ambiguity, cuz the New Batman Adventures was too recent in people's minds, and it'd been many years since Dick was a "teen" in any representation of Batman (the movies included). The writers feared most people would immediately assume it was TIm,, even tho comic fans would *know* it was Dick. Keeping it anonymous was the key to avoiding confusion.

Now with the Batman show firmly in the past, and DC in a "reboot" era, even the casual fan can understand that one show is not connected to another, and that Teen Titans is based on the days when Dick was younger.

But besides the more modern Robin costume, I don't think there's ever been a real reason to assume TT Robin was Tim. Even in the Animated Bat-show from the early 90's, college-age Dick wore the current comic Robin's suit, while in the New Batman Adventures, Tim wore a simplified, black and red version of Dick's original, with leggings instead of the green undies.

I still concluded that the Teen Titans Animated is tied with The batman.

Coz if obviously the whole animated style is a lot different from JL and Batman TAS.

But surprisely. After I saw The Batman cartoon.

TT and The Batman are really similar.

That's cuz both The Batman, and Teen Titans are done in a faux anime style. But they are not connected. Robin does not exist in "The Batman". It's just Bruce, in his third year of crime fighting.

Two different continuities. You can believe what you want, bu the writers and animators are not creating these two shows with any sort of connected continuity in mind.

Yeah, i agree with straight edge. They could easily, and probably will, tie them together for an x-over of some sort.

That's cuz both The Batman, and Teen Titans are done in a faux anime style.  But they are not connected.  Robin does not exist in "The Batman".  It's just Bruce, in his third year of crime fighting.

Two different continuities.  You can believe what you want, bu the writers and animators are not creating these two shows with any sort of connected continuity in mind.

I bet he'll get Robin soon though.

And at least yet. I think It was the same with JL in the beginning.

Several episodes told us that Robin is Dick. The lastest being Larry. It takes place around Batman/ JL TAS but the two will never meet, or so I have read.

I would like to see a Kid Flash or Superboy in the show.

In the last episode, do you think that Cyborg is leaving?

Actually,the episode where Slade 'returned' is solid proof that it is indeed Dick. If it's set in the past,I don't see how they can do cross-overs anyways. The closest we'll get is last season's Justice League with The Royal Flush Gang,when they used the voice talent from T.T. as the Gang.