Reissue #17 Is.......

TheSlup

To each their own but as Scottie mentioned - it's kind of a contradiction when someone loves G-1 but hates repaints... @smilepunch@

Because about a third of the G-1 line consisted of repaints - I actually love the line and the repaints too :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not buying Soundblaster cuz I HATE repaints. Repaints is the reason I hate all the other TF series. I only like original G1 TF serie! So bring on more Decepticons please...

You do realize that almost all the original Transformeres were repaints, right? Including Blitzwing, I believe...

And let's not forget Prowl, Bluestreak, Red Alert, etc...

Where in the world did you see a Blitzwing re-paint in the original line??? Maybe in Japan, but not in the states!!!!!

Where in the world did you see a Blitzwing re-paint in the original line??? Maybe in Japan, but not in the states!!!!!

I'm referring to the fact that all the Transformers prior to the movie were initially produced as a series of toy lines, the most famous one being Diaclone. Most of them were repainted when Hasbro and Takara decided to put them all together to create Transformers.

So basically, all of them are repaints. Except, as I mentioned before, guys like Hot Rod, Galvatron, etc... they were designed after Transformers were introduced.

I'm not buying Soundblaster cuz I HATE repaints. Repaints is the reason I hate all the other TF series. I only like original G1 TF serie! So bring on more Decepticons please...

You do realize that almost all the original Transformeres were repaints, right? Including Blitzwing, I believe...

And let's not forget Prowl, Bluestreak, Red Alert, etc...

No he's saying Blitzwing IS a repaint. The original was from Diaclone, and was green and grey, or so I'm told.

You...... have heard of Diaclone, right?

Whether or not Diaclone had the Transformers badge, they were still the same toys, made by the same company (Takara, coz Hasbro only licensed these moulds afterwards), but in different colours.

That's one of the main reasons that many of the e-hobby exclusives hark back to the Diaclone colour schemes.

So here's a question. Why do so many people who HATE repaints collect G1 transformers? Because they're cheaper than Diaclone figures! This is the point where all their morals fly out the window. They'd rather play ignorant to the original toys and instead get the cheaper, more common, locally available counterparts.

Why do you feel the need to win an argument over toys???

I already said I prefer the Gen 1 figures becuase of the realistic cars and vehicles. I don't like re-paints in the GI JOE line. And I HATE other Transformer lines becuase they are not using real sculpts of vehicles.

I was really getting into RID, but then that went belly up. I love Alternators, hope they stay on the straight and narrow!!!

Besides, my point was talking about Blitzwing and him not having a re-paint within the Gen 1 line. Not about other re-paints!!! Or about Blitzwing being originally Diaclone, we all know that, any true Gen 1 fan knows that.

Maybe in Japan, but not in the states!!!!!

I don't know about Gaz, but this was the line that annoyed me.

So what if it wasn't released in the States? It's still a repaint. That's the kind of attitude that makes people hate Americans. Don't get me wrong, cause I don't. I'm just saying is all...

ANYWAY, I don't really know that much about Diaclone, but I know that they weren't only released in Japan. I don't know about the States, but I remember having a Shrapnel that I think was a Diaclone when I was a kid. May have been a knock-off, I don't know, but it was good quality.

Maybe in Japan, but not in the states!!!!!

I don't know about Gaz, but this was the line that annoyed me.

So what if it wasn't released in the States? It's still a repaint. That's the kind of attitude that makes people hate Americans. Don't get me wrong, cause I don't. I'm just saying is all...

ANYWAY, I don't really know that much about Diaclone, but I know that they weren't only released in Japan. I don't know about the States, but I remember having a Shrapnel that I think was a Diaclone when I was a kid. May have been a knock-off, I don't know, but it was good quality.

What matters is that Hasbro released the Transformers over here,not Takara. In fact Hasbro created the whole world of Transformers!!!! They are the ones that took three different lines and unified them into one cohesive world!!!!! And that line, created by Hasbro, is the one that I followed. I never really cared or looked into lines around the world. To me what I grew up with, was the US line of characters. Including the cartoon and comic book. So that is what I really care about seeing released or re-issued. Characters and toys I grew up with. I could care less of a character that I never saw as a lil girl.

I really do think this thread and or conversation has gone way off track. I don't even know if we are arguing about the same points??? I made the comment figuring you were talking about re-paints withing the Gen 1 line, like Bluestrek is to Prowl is to Smokescreen. Not re-paints of the original Diaclone line, which is why I questioned you about Blitzwing, being a re-paint!!!!!

Anyhow my American self will go salute my flag now!!! #US1# @usa@ Hey where is the Canadian Flag smiley???? @loll@

You do know I'm just having fun with ya??? Want to liven the mood here, gettin kind of stuffy!!!! @smilepunch@

I agree with Lady Jaye. Takara came up with the designs. But Hasbro gave them life and character.

With out character, the toys are just shelf warmers.

Take Sideswipe for example. Alternator sideswipe is an amazingly designed toy, A real dodge viper that turns into a robot is an insane toy!

But he has no character. So the toy sits on the shelf in toy stores collecting dust, while G1 sideswipe is gone before he even reaches the shelves.

Also take the diaclone toys, and compare them to the popularity of the Transformer version. Exact same toys, but the diaclone toys are baring down to extinction.

Hey where is the Canadian Flag smiley????

@can@

@can@

Hey, sometimes I just like to argue!

Then again, some of the Diaclones or Japanese TFs they released are VERY cool. There's a couple other pistols eh? One is called Browning (which is a ##$%$#ed name, I know - but it refers to the fact that he's a Browning Hi-Power, a pretty famous handgun) and there's another that's a revolver.

If they released either of those I'd pick them up in a second. Soundblaster is really cool in my book, especially since it looks like he's going to come with Ravage and Rumble, too.

I made the comment figuring you were talking about re-paints withing the Gen 1 line, like Bluestrek is to Prowl is to Smokescreen. Not re-paints of the original Diaclone line, which is why I questioned you about Blitzwing, being a re-paint!!!!!

I was talking about both, really.

Well I like to argue too, but only if it makes sense!!! @loll@

Speaking of Browning, agreed ##$%$#ed name, here is a website with a whole bunch of the Takaara re-issues and original Takara Transformers.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

In defending my previous post, I agree that there were repaints in G1 line. However, the obvious difference between G1 line and the other lines is that each G1 repaint is an entirely separate character. Starscream was not Thundercracker. Dirge was not Ramjet. Rumble was not Frenzy. And these characters existed simultaneously. It wasn't like Rumble has to die in order for Frenzy (a repaint) to come to life. Although I hated the idea of Megatron becoming Galvatron, Skywarp becoming Cyclonus, etc...they weren't just another repaints.

My point is, Armada Starscream became a repaint Thundercracker. Starscream was killed so that Thundercracker came to life. Why? It made no sense!

And now Energon Starscream becomes powered-up Starscream...what's new other than repainting the same character? Why not change his original mold entirely instead to make collecting more interesting and our spending more worthwhile? No offense, but IMO it's just a silly repaint gimmick to rip off clueless consumer who collects anything and everything.

Thanks to those who backed me up previously with great understanding!

Hey no problem!!! :D

Going back to Sunstorm, I have a question. It said in one of the sites, that he appeared in an episode of the GEN 1 cartoon?? Was that here or in Japan??? I thought I would have remembered a bright orange Decepticon Jet!!! @loll@

Sunstorm appeared as a generic jet in MTME part 1, i think only in robotmode.

He's one of the Decepticon guards.

e-Hobby launched a couple of repaints based on an animation error and a supposed unreleased character. These are Hauler (repaint green Grapple, seen in MTME. Some believe him to be a genuine character as he is called by name in the episode), and the aforementioned Sunstorm.

Sunstorm's name isnt mentioned in the episode though, same with the green and other coloured seekers.

Well I like to argue too, but only if it makes sense!!! @loll@

Speaking of Browning, agreed ##$%$#ed name, here is a website with a whole bunch of the Takaara re-issues and original Takara Transformers.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

I'd kill for a reissue browning!

I've got a knock-off, which is great quality, but he's missing his fists and guns (why does a gun need a gun?)

Sunstorm appeared as a generic jet in MTME part 1, i think only in robotmode.

He's one of the Decepticon guards.

e-Hobby launched a couple of repaints based on an animation error and a supposed unreleased character. These are Hauler (repaint green Grapple, seen in MTME. Some believe him to be a genuine character as he is called by name in the episode), and the aforementioned Sunstorm.

Sunstorm's name isnt mentioned in the episode though, same with the green and other coloured seekers.

Forgive me, but what is MTME?????

Edited:

Oh wait, is that supposed to stand for More Thank Meets the Eye??????

Thats right about Hauler, I remember after Hound(???) gets shot into a canyon by Lazerbeak, Iron Hide gets Hauler to take him to the Ark!!!

Well I wonder if he is ever going to be released again??? I had forgotten Hauler, until this thread. Hopefully we get another shot at him and Sunburst!!!

I doubt it. They're Ehobby exclusives, which means there's probably some agreement that Takara won't release them. I don't think Hasbro would, either. It's already done Inferno and Grapple, and they're not exactly the hottest reissues out there.

I think Sunstorm would sell well if Hasbro brought him over. I know I'd buy one!

I realise Hauler is based on a real character, but I would've preferred him if they'd given him a bit of purple and made him a 'con. I still dislike that mould, but I'm a sucker for Constructicons :)