Gen 1 Re-issues Question!!!

Lady Jaye

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this guy on Amazon is spelling doom and gloom for the re-issues on Amazon, and possibly TRU as well!!!

All Customer Reviews

Average Customer Review:

Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.

The end is Near?, October 4, 2004

Reviewer: R. Anthony (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews

I purchased Skids Awhile ago and am really pleased. Looks good in both Robot and Car Modes. Pretty Simple Transformation. Not Really A Classic Figure based on the cartoon. The only difference between this version and The takara version is that the Takara versions missle Launcher actually fires. Its probably not worth paying the extra $10.00 just to get weapon that fires. At first I only collected the Hasbro/ Toys R US versions hoping that We would someday get a chance to Purchase the same Transformers That Takara in Japan Released. Its not happening, Megatron And Soundwave aren't being released in the US so I suggest buying the Takara versions now before they get too expensive. I bought A Megatron ReIssue off a site called Toynk. $85.00 including shipping which isn't too bad. If your going to really collect these things You should start at the top with Optimus Prime, Megatron, and soundwave. The Transformers available on Amazon don't be appearing to be going anywhere anytime soon . I've got feeling that Ricochet which is to be released on Oct. 8 will be last transformer to be released by Amazon.Hasbro made mistake only making the Reissue transformers available at ToysRus. Not enough people know that they were even re-released. The Takara versions are selling like hotcakes However and now is the time to start collecting them before they cost too much. the only figures Takara hasn't released yet that Hasbro has are Ultra Magnus, powermaster Optimus prime, Silverstreak, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Red Alert, Hoist, grapple,Rodimus Prime and Dirge. They probably will in the future but just in case I'd purchase these figures if youra die hard collector. Takara in Japan has released much of the better Transformers including my personal favorite Megatron, which Transforms from gun to Robot. It actually fires little Plastic bullets. Soundwave also A great figure and comes with laserbeak cassete. I purchased that one on Ebay. $80.00 should net you soundwave. Those two are really only expensive ones assuming you already own the hasbro version of optimus Prime, if not buy the takara version, Is closer version of original Optimus but is expensive. Jazz, Prowl, Skids, tracks,Starscream, Inferno , Stepper( Ricochet in US) and rodimus major( hot rod targetmaster in japan)have been released in both US and Japan. Buy Takara if Die hard collector or Hasbro if you wanna save Money. The Figures are exactly the same, the differences are in the weapons and Stickers that you apply to figures. Sideswipe has also been released in both US and Japan but is not available on Amazon yet.Rounding out figures reReleased only in Japan are Astrotrain( my least Favorite reissue to date so far), The minibot set which includes Bumblebee,Gears, cosmos, warpath, huffer, and Powerglide. Hound, and Just released 3 Insecticons. Coming in Dec. will be Predaking. That is all of them , why Am I telling you all this you ask? Cause I'd like to see more and more reissues released. I'd love to own the Dinobots, Constructicons and more again, and they will probably be released if the intrest in these continues. Is the End Near for the Toys r Us ReIssues? It appears so but the sales of the Takara Reissues are strong.Purchase these if you love the transformer ReIssues As I do. Thanks for Reading

R. Anthony's review from Amazon... You know, I'd try and find better sources than this douche.

Last I heard TRU was planning on releasing Trailbreaker and Ramjet. This was just an unconfirmed rumour, but hey - what the hell does R. Anthony know? Takara sales are strong? What's his source?

I think the TRU reissues are doing fine, except for the fact that TRU ordered way too many of them considering their price. TRU itself - that's another story. We don't know what's going to happen with them yet. But don't get overworked about what some dork decides to post on the Amazon website.

Not overworked, just curious. Especially since most TRU's have the Gen 1 re-issues colelcting dust!!!!

I don't know about most, but some definitely don't. It just depends on the location.

I think that TRU figured the first few reissues did really well, so why not order a crapload more when the newer ones come out. The problem is, the first few reissues were the most popular characters, like Prime, Magnus and Starscream. Most of the newer ones aren't all that popular, and they're a bit overpriced to. In Canada, they go for 39.99 each, even more for Rodimus and the Seekers. I could see thirty bucks - who's going to pay $40 for a Hoist? (Well, I DID, but that's beside the point!)

The only time I've seen parents and kids buy these is when they're on sale. Hopefully Hasbro and TRU get the point. Especially TRU - but if we're to jump to conclusions about the rumours pointing to their upcoming demise, it may be too late!

Oh well - Takara reissues for all!

Well maybe when I finish school, I can afford the Takara versions. I mean Takara is the only place I can get Megatron, so evertually I will have to get him from over there!!!! But once I have a real career!!!!

I wouldn't be concerned with that guy who posted on amazon. Takara is supposedly not doing well financially either yet we'll be getting Predaking, Blitzwing, and Soundblaster within the next 3 months....Ramjet and Trailbreaker should come out courtesy of TRU since there is still a demand for the TRU reissues. AS DP said earlier, TRU simply ordered too much stock - way more than necessary. I guess they were worried after Optimus Prime sold out so fast when he was released a couple of years back.

Well maybe when I finish school, I can afford the Takara versions. I mean Takara is the only place I can get Megatron, so evertually I will have to get him from over there!!!! But once I have a real career!!!!

Megatron is a bit pricey, but it's worth it. Same with Soundwave. As for the cars, though, I've been getting Hasbro all the way. I may pick up a Jazz and Prowl though, to get the proper weapons.

But hey - my days at school weren't so long ago - I feel your pain!

I dont mind the weapons with Hasbro Jazz and Prowl, because they never had the launchers in the show anyways.

and I could care less if the guns were chromed. Black looks good too :)

What I was gonna do someday (probably not now) is get the e-hobby anime bluestreak with the black hood, and hasbro prowl. then give bluestreak the silver launchers so it is even more show accurate. in the show he had grey lanchers not red. I never understood why they made him show accurate, but didn't give him grey launchers.

Megatron is a bit pricey, but it's worth it. Same with Soundwave. As for the cars, though, I've been getting Hasbro all the way. I may pick up a Jazz and Prowl though, to get the proper weapons.

But hey - my days at school weren't so long ago - I feel your pain!

How many times have they re-issued him already??? I'm sure they will keep on re-issuing him again and again. Why not, make more money? Maybe I can ask it for a graduation gift????