Gen 1 Re-issues Question!!!

Lady Jaye

Yes they are. I actually still have the three Predacons I got, it really good condition!!!!! Never really played with em, since by that time I was getting out of Transformers for good, but they were the last ones to beckon me to buy em. For some reason I never got them all though??????

Oh here is a good question, what is the likelyhood of Habro re-releasing Starscream?????

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hasbro released Starscream once already two years ago, I highly doubt they will ever released him again.

But you can always pick him up off ebay or other fans on the baord here

Buy the Takara version. I think you'll like it - the missiles are the right size, and he's "show-accurate". Plus, he comes with a little Megatron in gun mode he can hold!

It's sold out on a lot of sites, but not all of them. It's reasonably priced, usually.

You need to go back and bold type Sideswipe and Astrotrain. They've already been confirmed. Plus there's a good chance we'll get Ramjet and Thrust. I've also got a good feeling we'll see Ironhide, Ratchet, Trailbreaker, and Sunstreaker within the next 12 months. Too bad they're releasing them so slow. It'll take that long for 'em all to come out.

Back to topic.

Tell me something, when and where did the Decepticon jets begin to be called Seekers???? Hasbro had them listed as Jets before and still do on their website, so where did this Seeker business come into play???

Probably some fanboy!!!! Always trying to explain stuff and addd a backstory!!! @grumpy@

You mean you didn't pick up one of the 4 or 5 reissues of the Combaticons?

Nah - I'm holding out for the original colours. It's gonna happen sooner or later. I'm not digging the recoloured versions too much. Same goes for the Seacon set... but then again, even that was after my time back in the '80s, so I'd be hard pressed to pick it up. Maybe if it was in the original colours, though... you never know.

Heh, I was kinda kidding about that.

But I highly doubt we will see them in "original" colors.

That's a really good question. I don't think I've ever heard of military jets being referred to as seekers before... Maybe it's a British term? Radio-talk? Anyone know?

I've heard them called that many a place, but I have also just heard them referred as the Decepticon Jets!!!! I want to know who started this Seeker business!!!

seek and destroy operatives?

Hunter/Seeker task force?

There's a few theories...but the most logical is a term to describe troops that are specialized in seeking out objectives/targets. would coincide with the later upgrade to sweeps post movie I do believe

That's a really good question. I don't think I've ever heard of military jets being referred to as seekers before... Maybe it's a British term? Radio-talk? Anyone know?

I've heard them called that many a place, but I have also just heard them referred as the Decepticon Jets!!!! I want to know who started this Seeker business!!!

The word "seekers" is coined up by a fan. I don't remember where I read that from, but I know that what happened. Sort of how Geshalts(sp?) and conehead are made.

Ha! Yeah, I could sense a bit of sarcasm, but I was in a writing mood.

I figure we'll see the Combaticons released in original colours, by Takara at least. The Seacons... maybe not so much.

Thats a good question if they have the mol why dont they release them in the original colors as reissues?

The word "seekers" is coined up by a fan. I don't remember where I read that from, but I know that what happened. Sort of how Geshalts(sp?) and conehead are made.

I figured that. Seekers, what a lame o name. They are Deceticons first and formost, no lil subset. Subsets are the Insecticons, Combaticons, Stunticons, Predacons, Seacons, etc, etc, etc.

Oh and yea I forgot to add Gestaults, who in the world came o]up with that lil nifty name???? Why???? Oh well, fanboys!!!! @loll@

There's a few theories...but the most logical is a term to describe troops that are specialized in seeking out objectives/targets. would coincide with the later upgrade to sweeps post movie I do believe

Yeah, but when you're talking about jets, interceptors is the proper term. Ah, whatever. I like Seekers - it sounds cool.

Oh and yea I forgot to add Gestaults, who in the world came o]up with that lil nifty name???? Why???? Oh well, fanboys!!!!

Who knows who coined it to describe Transformers, but "gestalt" is a word (I believe it's German in origin) that perfectly describes what the combiners are. Here's a definition I found: a configuration or pattern of elements so unified as a whole that it cannot be described merely as a sum of its parts .

There you go.

I hope that we see Trailbreaker soon. Then I would just need Hasbro or Takara to reissue Sunstreaker, Mirage and Wheeljack to have all the Autobot cars.

Last I heard, Trailbreaker and Ramjet are going to be the next Hasbro TRU reissues. Hopefully they do them before Christmas.

I think that was leaked information, though - a guy who works at TRU saw the SKU numbers or something. Nothing official, of course.

Definitely not British. I call them planes :)

Definitely not British. I call them planes :)

Rightfully so, cause that is what they are, Decepticon Jets!!! Not seekers <_< Oh well, fanboys what are you gonna do with em???

Hey though, I do like the name Gestault, if that is the definition to em, then whoever came up with it, was pretty clever!!!! I like it!!!!