Gen 1 Re-issues Question!!!

Lady Jaye

Ok, are they planning to continue the re-issues or is the line slowly being phased out??? I am wanting to get into em, now that they are sometimes put on sale, like I got my Skywarp in NYC on sale, which btw I never had as a lil girl. I would like to start getting em, but not if they plan to kill the line soon. No point in starting a collection if there is no way to complete it.

Oh and do they have the Dinobot molds??? I would love to see them re-issued. How about the Constrcticons and other gestault transformers, I want them in their original colors and packaging!!!!! How about a collectors set, like the old days!!!!

I know Takra is issuing them as well, but I can't afford those prices, even with Megatron!!! @grumpy@

Any info would be nice!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't any word on reissues being phased out but they have been always a lot slower on Hasbro's end due to the simple fact that they wait for Takara's announcements before making decisions on reissues. I heard that Ramjet was one of the ones rumored to be next for Hasbro to reissue, but we'll wait and see.

As for the Dinobot molds, I believe that they are still around although Swoop is rumored to be damaged. Still, Takara could reissue them at any point but then again, there are still a lot of TF's for Takara to reissue at this point...

Thanks for the info. I really like em, and when they go on sale, I like em even more!!!! @smilepunch@ But I want to get the ones I had, and the ones I never did. So even though it's not the same, it's close to having my old collection back!!! #US1#

I'm loving the reissues. I missed out on most of these as a kid, even (I was more of a GI Joe guy) - and I'm sorry, but there's no way I'll pay the insane prices of originals.

It'd be a shame if they were phased out at this point, because they're so close to "completing" sets. We have ALMOST all the '84-'85 cars, and almost all the seekers. I'd like to see them finish those off, plus do the Dinobots and Galvatron before they stop.

Oh yeah, forgot about them. I'd want to see Gestalts, actually... specifically Devastator and Bruticus. Bruticus, because it's a no brainer (they have the mold), and Devastator, because he was the first. I have a decent Dev knock-off myself, but I'd like the real thing.

Well, I for one hope that we see the reissues - all we need out of the cars is Wheeljack, Mirage, and Sunstreaker to complete the set as Takara reissued a whole bunch of those sets 3 years ago.

I'm quite happy with the reissues as a whole as they've enabled me to build a nice and solid collection. I buy originals still, but the ones that haven't been reissued or just personal favs of mine that I wanted to have originals for :)

Oh yeah, forgot about them. I'd want to see Gestalts, actually... specifically Devastator and Bruticus. Bruticus, because it's a no brainer (they have the mold), and Devastator, because he was the first. I have a decent Dev knock-off myself, but I'd like the real thing.

You mean you didn't pick up one of the 4 or 5 reissues of the Combaticons? @smilepunch@

I'd rather see any of the others if possible.

Since the early 90's had replays of G1, I faintly remember it.

G1 Reissues are a great way for me to get what I didn't have. Since my time was the Beast Wars era, it is a learning experience for me along as a collecting and hobbie journey.

Its great that you're getting into the re-issues now, its unfortunate that you had to miss out on series 1 and 2. 3-7 are fairly easy to get still. overloaded TRUs having the reissues. Just hope for another sale to happen again.

You mean you didn't pick up one of the 4 or 5 reissues of the Combaticons?

Nah - I'm holding out for the original colours. It's gonna happen sooner or later. I'm not digging the recoloured versions too much. Same goes for the Seacon set... but then again, even that was after my time back in the '80s, so I'd be hard pressed to pick it up. Maybe if it was in the original colours, though... you never know.

Well thanks guys. I'm glad this thread shows some activity, makes me hope that they will release them all!!!!!

So the only cars that are left to do are Wheeljack, Mirage, and Sunstreaker??? I take those are just in Japan??? Becuase I have yet to see Sideswipe in any store!!!

Ok here is a list taken off the Transformers website, what is the possibility of actually completing the first two years??? Besides Megatron who will never be available here in the states, stupid kids!!! What about Shockwave, Blaster, Perceptor, the Dinobots, the Insecticons, etc, etc, etc???

Mini-Cars

Bumblebee

Cliffjumper

Huffer

Windcharger

Brawn

Gears

Autobot Cars

Bluestreak

Hound

Ironhide

Jazz

Mirage

Prowl

Ratchet

Sideswipe

Sunstreaker

Trailbreaker

Wheeljack

Autobot Leader

Optimus Prime

Decepticon Figures

Cassettes

Frenzy and Laserbeak

Rumble and Ravage

Decepticon Jets

Skywarp

Starscream

Thundercracker

Communicator

Soundwave with Buzzsaw

Decepticon Leader

Megatron

Autobot Figures

Mini-Vehicles

Seaspray

Powerglide

Beachcomber

Cosmos

Warpath

Jumpstarters

Twin Twist

Top Spin

Autobot Vehicles

Grapple

Hoist

Red Alert

Skids

Inferno

Smokescreen

Tracks

Autobot Deluxe Vehicles

Roadbuster

Whirl

Dinobots

Grimlock

Slag

Sludge

Snarl

Swoop

Communicator

Blaster

Air Guardian

Jetfire

Defense Base

Omega Supreme

Scientist

Perceptor

Decepticon Figures

Constructicons

Bonecrusher

Hook

Long Haul

Mixmaster

Scavenger

Scrapper

Devastator Gift Set

Insecticons

Bombshell

Kickback

Deluze Insecticons

Shrapnel

Barrage

Chop Shop

Ransack

Venom

Triplechangers

Astrotrain

Blitzwing

Jets

Dirge

Ramjet

Thrust

Military Operations Commander

Shockwave

Oh and I was able to get Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Hod Rod when they first came out, the only one I missed was Starscream!!!

The original 3 I have are MIB, but the later ones I want to collect now, are going to be opened. Do you guys open your figures, or keep em sealed??? The first one to be opened was the Skywarp I got in NYC, last spring!!!

Edited to put the ones already release in the US in bold lettering!!! Please let me know if anyone else has been released, but only in the US!!!!!!

I open them all. The nice thing about TF reissues are the boxes - you could still display them, even if you open them.

Anyway, Shockwave, Jetfire and Omega Supreme were molds that were licensed to Takara. That means, if they were to reissue them, they'd have to obtain that license again. That isn't to say it won't happen, but it's unlikely, especially given the vast amount of molds that Takara owns itself.

Do you know who owns the molds or rights to them??? Bandai?? Tomy??

Isn't that the same reason the Deluxe Autobots, Deluxe Insecticons were never used in the cartoon, they too belonged to another company???

"Ok here is a list taken off the Transformers website, what is the possibility of actually completing the first two years??? Besides Megatron who will never be available here in the states, stupid kids!!! What about Shockwave, Blaster, Perceptor, the Dinobots, the Insecticons, etc, etc, etc??"

megatron wont be released here, shockwave can't because neither takara or hasbro own the mold anymore. *well the never did, they just borrowed it* Blaster, perceptor and the dinobots haven't been re-issued yet, but they all have a very good chance. the insecticons are out in Japan already :) They are in a small giftset, so you get all 3 for $35 dollars, something like that.

Do you know who owns the molds or rights to them??? Bandai?? Tomy??

Isn't that the same reason the Deluxe Autobots, Deluxe Insecticons were never used in the cartoon, they too belonged to another company???

bingo.

Toyco own shockwave omega and skylynx. (though they were in the show anyways)

Bandai own the deluxe insecticons, and jetfire. none of them were allowed in the show

That's right, that's why Jetfire looked nothing like the toy in either the comic or cartoon!!!! @smilepunch@ What gimps, they need to get those rights!!!!! Especially Shockwave!!!!!

Well there was a rumor a year back or so, that Takara bought toyco, or something like that. So the MAY have the rights to shockwave and omega and them. But itwas a rumor. probably not true.

but there's always hope :D

Yea, but the other companies could be like Hasbro US, where they either lost the molds or damaged them beyond repair!!!!!!

How many GI JOE's repaints will we never see becuase Hasbro either lost the molds or damaged them????

How many GI JOE's repaints will we never see becuase Hasbro either lost the molds or damaged them????

Yeah, the big news a while back was that Soundwave's mold was damaged, so the rumour was that he'd never be reissued.

It's probably a lot easier to repair or even remake a TF mold, because we're talking about a lot of hard angles... A face sculpt on a GI Joe would be a lot harder to duplicate exactly.

What I want to know is this, will we get the Predaking set????

I hope so!!! That thing is crazy. I had a couple beat up predakings a couple years ago, the predacons are quite the team!! I loved them.