How Do You Guys Say It?

Archer1120

39 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Guys Say It?

• "Bow (as in tie a bow)-ba Fett"
    • "Bob (as in Robert)-a Fett"

Just an old story that I heard when I first started REALLY getting into SW way back in like 92....

That GL took the name Boba Fett off something he saw at School, where a guy had wrote his name on a wall or something....I forget exactly what it was, but the name was Bob A. Fett. Well I don't know about the fett, but the Bob A. was for sure.

But Harrison Ford's Character from American Graffiti has a simlar name. Bob FalfaSo there may be some merit to the story...but I forget WHERE I heard it.

That's a cool story. It sounds like the way I've heard Lucas gets his ideas... But still, it's gotta be Bow-ba anyway.

I say boba, its just easier to say than bow-ba, and I think bow-ba sounds weird.

I'm so glad people are responding to this. I think it is really interesting how people say his name and why they do it. It's also funny to think about saying it another way and think how out-there it sounds. Keep it coming guys! How doooo you say it! I'm also glad people are responding because it's the first poll I've ever set up.

Arch

I'm so glad people are responding to this. I think it is really interesting how people say his name and why they do it. It's also funny to think about saying it another way and think how out-there it sounds. Keep it coming guys! How doooo you say it! I'm also glad people are responding because it's the first poll I've ever set up.

Yeah... I had no idea this was such a controversy. It seems so clear cut.

A better poll (that would have made more sense to me, that is) would be "how do you pronounce Han Solo" - more like 'hand' without the 'd' or like 'hahn'.

Maybe I'll just set this up!

I don't even know why this is an argument. It IS "Bow-ba" - that's how it's pronounced in the movie every time.

Bobba sounds too much like Bubba. To me it sounds really dumb.

My thoughts exactly. They call him "Bow-Buh" all throughout AOTC, and I think Han pronounces it the same way on the barge (but it's hard to tell with so much action going on).

My thoughts exactly. They call him "Bow-Buh" all throughout AOTC, and I think Han pronounces it the same way on the barge (but it's hard to tell with so much action going on).

That's exactly what I was thinking. You can hear him clearly: "Bowba Fett?! Bowba Fett?!"