How Do You Guys Say It?

Archer1120

39 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Guys Say It?

• "Bow (as in tie a bow)-ba Fett"
    • "Bob (as in Robert)-a Fett"

Like the title say, how do you guys here say his name? I've heard both, and I was just wondering how people here on ADC/ TNI say the most bad-ass bounty hunter's name.

Arch

Agreed. I always heard it Bob-a fett as a kid. Plus the Who have that song "Boba O'Reily," where it is pronounced like Robert. Gotta go with the classic rock. Bow-ba does sound wierd. Bow-ba...

Arch

i only remember lando saying "han" (sounds like "man")...everyone else seemed to say "han" (sounds like "on")...

as far as fett, i usually end up saying "bubba fett". although harrison ford in return of the jedi appears to say "bow-ba fett" (rhymes with "throw"). so when i feel like taking the time to pronounce it correctly i do.

I say Bow-ba... to me... BOB-a Fett sounds funny(I guess that's cause I've always called him BOW-BA).

I say Han.. like the word "on"

and dont forget about the Princess...

George always says:

Leeee-ah

and in the movie thay say:

Lay-ah

but then again, George calls him Han(like a frying pan)...and he calls lightsabers, "laser Swords" @hmmm@

My dad, someone that knows almost NOTHING about SW says BOB-A FETT

I remember waaaaaay back in the day, trying to get him to look for some figures for me...

"Now that one guy you were looking for... bob-a fett, doe he have a helmet"?

After that, I just told him nevermind... :)... it was cool of him to try, but one day I walked into him checking the figs at the local kmart and he stood there for about 20 mins trying to remember if I needed what they had.. and all they had were like 20 Hans and 4 Lukes, lol

I think that Bob-a Fett might have come from our parents, not knowing anything about star wars, and when we were younger, they probably read it off the package that way, and we just repeated it, I dunno, not once do they say it that way in any of the movies, so that's the only thing I can come up with...

Oh, and in Episode two.. on Kamino, the cloner chic actually says...

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW-BA"

lol

I call him Bubba Fett... I think its wrong though... but kinda cute! :P lol

I've never heard of Bob-a-phett before. It's always been Bow-ba-phett. I wonder if this is a regional thing. In what part of the country are people hearing Bob-a-phett?

I think that, before the special edtions and the prequels came out, a lot of people would "read" the name Boba Fett and just pronounce it the way they want. Star Wars wasn't really in the media as much as it is now. I remember people pronouncing Tatooine "Tatoony" for some reason. It's just a skewed memory, that's all.

I don't even think his name is mentioned in The Empire Strikes Back, now that I think of it. Pretty much everyone "read" the name before they heard it, because of the action figure line. That's where this whole debate comes from.

bo-ba fett

Just an old story that I heard when I first started REALLY getting into SW way back in like 92....

That GL took the name Boba Fett off something he saw at School, where a guy had wrote his name on a wall or something....I forget exactly what it was, but the name was Bob A. Fett. Well I don't know about the fett, but the Bob A. was for sure.

But Harrison Ford's Character from American Graffiti has a simlar name. Bob FalfaSo there may be some merit to the story...but I forget WHERE I heard it.