My First Energon Figure...

DPrime

Hey all - just wanted to spread the love!

I finally broke down and got myself an Energon figure - Downshift, to be exact. This little guy is pretty cool and WAY more solid than I thought he'd be. I'm impressed. I've actually got an Energon Starscream coming in the mail as well, and I think I'll have to pick up Megs, Shockblast and Scorponok too.

I've started watching the episodes on the CN website, and its starting to grow on me as well. It's... different, but I'm starting to think it's pretty cool.

Too bad his name isn't Wheeljack, though (I know, I know, I can call it whatever I want). I still think nothing beats G1 characters! @optimus@

Good choices, also look into Rodimus, Inferno, Hotshot, and Prowl, and I myself am a fan of Mighty Morphin' Zord Prime. For basics, get Divebomb and Insecticon. Landmine and Bulkhead are great too.

Downshift is awesome and I think that Starscream is really cool also. If you are starting an Energon collection, here are some that I really like.

Rodimus

Prowl

Sharkticon

Slugslinger

Energon Hotshot (Silver Repaint)

Demolisher

Any Terrorcon or Omnicon

Hey all - just wanted to spread the love!

I finally broke down and got myself an Energon figure - Downshift, to be exact. This little guy is pretty cool and WAY more solid than I thought he'd be. I'm impressed. I've actually got an Energon Starscream coming in the mail as well, and I think I'll have to pick up Megs, Shockblast and Scorponok too.

I've started watching the episodes on the CN website, and its starting to grow on me as well. It's... different, but I'm starting to think it's pretty cool.

Too bad his name isn't Wheeljack, though (I know, I know, I can call it whatever I want). I still think nothing beats G1 characters! @optimus@

Actually, the SuperLink version -is- Wheeljack. :)

Thanks for the advice on the figs... I'm definitely going to get Rodimus at some point, and Hot Shot, because I like the characters. All the Terror/Omnicons look pretty cool, too.

eh.. I've been very unimpressed with the Terrorcons and Omnicons so far.

I've got Ravage, Divebomb and Insecticon now, and they're all very 'meh'.

None of the Omnicons appeal to me except Arcee (of whom, I have 3 :), so I've not bought any of them.

Nice choice on Downshift, he's not bad at all. Although I DO hate his weapon with a passion.

Yeah, I'm pretty unimpressed with the whole "spoiler with two guns attached" thing. I think I'll just put that it a little baggie with the rest of the crappy accessories some of the stuff I get comes with.

I think Energon went a little overboard with the clear plastic.

Good buy. He is a good figure. The only and insignificant faults I found with him is the spoiler-gun (but don't use the spoiler) and the kinda limited shoulder articulation....but who cares!!! He's eye candy!

My suggestions for other purchases would be Megatron (big US version or smaller TRU exclusive), Sharkticon, Shockblast, Rodimus and Prowl.

Ironhide is worth $10 easy. His botmode his really nice.

i'm almost uptodate with energon just cliffjumper i'm waiting on in the mail but the best ones i like are

megs

rodimus

inferno

omega surpreme

starscream

terror and omnicons

snowcat

demolisher

mirage and schokblast and scroponok

prime i love but its a hard choice seeing of his body built but if you buy wingsabre with it (got the SL version) its pretty nifty combined

Rodimus was one of the first Energon figures that I picked up and I just don't see it. Why does everyone like this figure. He really seems like he's lacking substance.

Those big feet are pretty weird too. @propeller@

Rodimus was one of the first Energon figures that I picked up and I just don't see it. Why does everyone like this figure. He really seems like he's lacking substance.

Those big feet are pretty weird too. @propeller@

It's all about the homage. He was the first G1 Rodimus homage we got. Sure we had PL Hot Shot in Armada, but he only had the HotRod/Rodimus paint scheme. This one was designed to be him with a much improved alt mode. A rocket truck beats a flaming winnebego any day.

Yea heaven forbid they actaully make a transformer with an gun that looks like a gun! WHeeljacks gun looks quite like a double barrel shot gun IMO! & I'm sure it would look more so like one & be hand held if not for saftey law crud!

Other energon you should try

Landquake or mind whatever his name is! The blue repaint one :)

Some omnicons

Towline aka thunderclash

Rodimus Perhaps wait & get the twopack & then if you like that get the g1 colored one :)

I forget what else there all is...

I used to be a G1/Alternators/Exclusives collector only. Energon brought me into the fold though. I currently have at least 1 of each mold currently available except Mighty Morphin Optimus(waiting for Wing Saber for that). I plan on having at least 1 of each original Energon Mold by the end of this, in some cases all of them for the ones I really like, like Shockblast and Landmine/quake. I've even imported some superlink rarities, like the Japan only recolors of the 3 terrorcons, Insecticon, Divebomb and Cruelock, and the magazine exclusive Energon Black Rodimus and Fire Convoy.