Why Doesn't Habro Re-issue The Classic Molds???

Lady Jaye

Well V2 Snake Eyes wasn't found. In fact non of the figs in that batch of lost molds were found. But yes they did find a tone of lost vehicles and some figures.

Draven

Mattel re-made the lost molds by using the toy themselves, when they reissued MOTU, and Takara repaired the badly-damaged Jazz and SOundwave molds. It won't bankrupt Hasbro to at least make a few parts (head, torso) to use with other parts so a classic figure is at least partially salvaged, and no one will complain if they get a Snake Eyes 2 reissue with SE3's arms and pants. The original BAT just needs the head and torso as well, since at least the legs are still around (used on Viper reissues) as well as the uper arms (used on comic 3-pack #2 Snake Eyes) and the lower arms can come from a v.2 BAT.

The same goes for the original Cobra Commander. All they have to do is produce his head for use on a Crimson Guard body repainted blue.

There are ways to recover lost figures without completely recovering their molds. When there's a will, there's a way. Hasbro is just not that willing for some reason.

And Hasbro has done that quite a few times now, Solider, Officer, Crimson Guard, etc. I didn't say they wouldn't for Snake Eyes v2. In fact..... @loll@ Anyway the whole Bat V1 mold is available again. They found the top half. That has been publicly confirmed by Hasbro.

Draven

Publicly confirmed by Hasbro? Do you have a link? If they have found it I hope they use it soon.

I didn't say that you said that they wouldn't do it, and am only saying that they haven't done it with Snake Eyes 2.

Well V2 Snake Eyes wasn't found. In fact non of the figs in that batch of lost molds were found. But yes they did find a tone of lost vehicles and some figures.

Draven

Mattel re-made the lost molds by using the toy themselves, when they reissued MOTU, and Takara repaired the badly-damaged Jazz and SOundwave molds. It won't bankrupt Hasbro to at least make a few parts (head, torso) to use with other parts so a classic figure is at least partially salvaged, and no one will complain if they get a Snake Eyes 2 reissue with SE3's arms and pants. The original BAT just needs the head and torso as well, since at least the legs are still around (used on Viper reissues) as well as the uper arms (used on comic 3-pack #2 Snake Eyes) and the lower arms can come from a v.2 BAT.

The same goes for the original Cobra Commander. All they have to do is produce his head for use on a Crimson Guard body repainted blue.

There are ways to recover lost figures without completely recovering their molds. When there's a will, there's a way. Hasbro is just not that willing for some reason.

And Hasbro has done that quite a few times now, Solider, Officer, Crimson Guard, etc. I didn't say they wouldn't for Snake Eyes v2. In fact..... @loll@ Anyway the whole Bat V1 mold is available again. They found the top half. That has been publicly confirmed by Hasbro.

Draven

Publicly confirmed by Hasbro? Do you have a link? If they have found it I hope they use it soon.

I didn't say that you said that they wouldn't do it, and am only saying that they haven't done it with Snake Eyes 2.

No link man, but it was said at the con that they do have it back.

And I no, I was just saying that SE v2 is most likely coming in some form with a comic pack if the line continues.

Draven

I just hope they are done up in different colors that accentuate different parts of the mold and offer collectors something that enhances their collections rather than replacing part of it. :)

They should do both, one original colored, and one in some 6-pack repainted. Not everyone has one in original colors. So SE v2 for everybody.

I would love a reversed color v2. Like gray with blk accents.

Draven

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind seeing the classic molds and original colors either and as TS said, Transformers has been able to do this so why can't Joes get reissued?

The only prices that would likely to be lowered are the loose originals since people would buy brand new reissues, but for MOSC/AFA originals, the value will hold because there will always be a market for those figures that are sealed in original packaging.

I just hope they are done up in different colors that accentuate different parts of the mold and offer collectors something that enhances their collections rather than replacing part of it. :)

They should do both, one original colored, and one in some 6-pack repainted. Not everyone has one in original colors. So SE v2 for everybody.

I would love a reversed color v2. Like gray with blk accents.

Draven

Or cartoon color charcoal grey with blue accents.

Cartoon colors would be another prime re-issue format. Pack with a Misson Disk with a couple relevent eps.