Wave 6

SNAKEEYES_1998

Yup... more proof to me that VvV was just a bad year.

Torch, admitted by Hasbro to be part of the next concept, is the *only* figure I've wanted from the GIJoe line since Wave 1's black-clad Cobra Commander.

His torso is normal length, and his arms look beefy. His accessories are signature to the character, and his head sculpt looks bad-to-the-bone. He's a decent cross between DD's design, and Hasbro's style. And he flame on his pant leg... just gives it that "other-worldly" feel that the next line is sure to have in spades.

I *really* can't wait to see the new Snake-Eyes at this rate.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup... more proof to me that VvV was just a bad year.

Torch, admitted by Hasbro to be part of the next concept, is the *only* figure I've wanted from the GIJoe line since Wave 1's black-clad Cobra Commander.

His torso is normal length, and his arms look beefy.  His accessories are signature to the character, and his head sculpt looks bad-to-the-bone.  He's a decent cross between DD's design, and Hasbro's style.  And he flame on his pant leg... just gives it that "other-worldly" feel that the next line is sure to have in spades.

I *really* can't wait to see the new Snake-Eyes at this rate.

I am sorry but I would have to disagree with VvsV was a bad year, duke, awesome, storm shadow awesome, eel awsome, sting radier awesome, venomus maximus, dr mindbender, torch, snow wolf, jungle strike, wild weasel, snake eyes, ninja battles set, all the re issue packs and the list goes on and on, this has been a great year and I cannot wait for next year!!!

Biggest reason it was a sucess is the still to be released ninja set as well as crimson sabotauge!!!! :) :) :)

Why do all the VvV Shipwrecks suck? :( Anyway, does that Wild Bill look more like a Recondo to anyone else?

Yeah and that mold is one of my least favs ever. It was not supposed to be a Shipwreck originally so that's why its so un Shipwreck. Expect a new sculpt one next year or early 2006 imo.

Draven

I really like the Torch figure, but to me, he just doesn't look like Torch. Something about the face isn't fight. Maybe it's the change to his beard, and I know over years, people tend to shave, but he just doesn't look like Torch to me.

The Tunnel Rat figure looks like he has Tiger Force markings on his pants. And what's the deal with that huge water-cannon looking gun? Is he the figure that is supposed to come with Torch, to put out the fires Torch starts? If that's the case, wouldn't Barbeque have been a better choice? I thought he was supposed to come with Bazooka.

The Blue Adder looks pretty cool, but the Wild Weasle figure looks totally void of paint applications. Hopefully, he will get some color to him.

The Slice and Slash set looks cool. Is Slash supposed to be a renamed Dice?

Yeah Slash was originally Dice.

Draven

Not really digging the Tunnel Rat figure, but there are a lot of guys I am looking forward to here.

One question, am I the only one who thinks it is silly that Frostbite comes with a paintball gun?

Torch looks awesome.

Well,we got all these figures to look forward to.It's a fantastic line-up of both old molds (repainted quite well), some remolded pieces, and completely new molds.

Slash: Looking good here.Some people are sick of the ninjas...but I am not.He's a great looking figure and I'm glad they got rid of the action attack on this mold.I still remember seeing it when it had the action attack and I was disappointed when this nicely designed figure was giving the A/A treatment.His skirt looks like it will give him some better movement than the other skirt ninjas, and those two double swords are killer,as well as his "carrying case".Great mold with an effective and simple paint job.Sometimes Hasbro can keep it simple and it will work out great.

COIL Crusher: Not bad...not excited about the repack of Wild Bill/COIL Crusher.Not a bad repaint,but nothing to be excited about.

Torch: Easily to me one of the BEST figures in this wave,though I will not deny that I am disappointed that Bazooka/Torch pack won out the "fan's choice" poll.How could people turn down figures like Lt.Falcon,Major Bludd,and a few of the others.I guess some people just wanted the Dreadnoks rounded out.Anyways,you can see the new riveted shoulders on this mold and they look great,it really takes away from the rounded bulkiness that has been a complaint lately.He looks simply great and this figure should be one of Hasbro's prides and joys.The mold is stellar and the paint job is equally as good.The flame along his pants is awesome.Just like everyone couldn't wait for the O-Ring Stormy in Wave 4,I can't wait for this guy in Wave 6.

Electric Eel: One of the better repaints in this Wave,the blue works extremely well...afterall...it is a "water" color.And even though there isn't a touch of red on him,it still screams "old school" to me.It's so drastically different than the original paint job that was put on this mold as well.I think my only wish is that they packaged the red Eel in Wave 6 and the blue one with the Sting Raider.But the blue Eel wouldn't look so good with the red Sting Raider.So maybe they would've made the red parts on the Raider to blue.Bah,I'm getting tongue tied...

Frostbite: Great repaint for this mold,much more vivid and energetic than the original that came with the Ice Sabre.He's much more bad @$$ this way.I like how Hasbro is making Frostbite and Bazooka availible more in this Wave since there seems to be problems distributing the Quickstrike and the Ice Sabre.Where are they!?I don't mind the addition of the snowboard and I'm sure Hasbro will add pegs to it...at least I hope.Though after seeing white Alpine...I think it's almost safe to say Hasbro won't correct this.Frosty also gets packed with the super cool Snow Wolf.

Slice: I like the new design of Slice,the renegade ninja.I do slightly miss the old "fencer" mask,but even this new one is great,and I'm glad they kept the sash in the back of his head.I'm glad we're getting an O-Ring version of Slice and he'll serve nicely as a secondary ninja to Storm Shadow,alongside Slash of course.Oh...and the sickle is VERY cool as well...I like.

Razorclaw: One of the remolded pieces here...the helmet is a bit bulky,but hey,I don't care.I like this figure,he's much better looking than the original Razorclaw...which I think Hasbro did a half-@$$ job on the mold.Maybe they realize that and wanted to do it again,who knows?His claws look much meaner too and the darker red makes him more menancing as well.He does look somewhat ridiculous with the big helmet and the "normal" face underneath,but eh...I like this guy.

Shipwreck: Great mold,but why the jungle colors?I think something different and more related to his specialty would've made more sense. Maybe something neutral like gray?Or black and blue?Eh...not too fond of this repaint,but it's a great figure.I may use this Shipwreck as someone else.Maybe switch his head out and make a new Recondo.

Snow Wolf: One of the two BEST out of this Wave IMO (next to Torch).This is one of the "make-up" figures of the year. After the original disproportionate Snow Serpent mold, this one really takes the cake,though its called a Snow Wolf,this is THE new Snow Serpent to me. Hasbro has really hit a home run with this guy.Great mold,fantastic colors,even the ski mask beneath the helmet is a nice touch (even if it is the BTR Firefly head).What is also very cool is the wolf fur cape that he has...another great detail on part of Hasbro.I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Tunnel Rat: Colors are a little better...but they could still be much better. These colors look different from what I remember at the Joecon.Anyone got the TR photo from the Joecon?Maybe I'm just forgetful.Anyways,I'm not too excited about this one...his huge water splasher looks silly,but its better than Action Attack ON the figure...so I'm fine with it.

Wild Bill: (see COIL Crusher)

Wave 6 looks AWESOME,much better than Spytroops Wave 6...now I want to see the line-ups for Wave 7!C'mon,we're nearly reaching that point on the bridge where we don't know what's next.Why leave us in anticipation?Here's what I hope for in the next Wave:

-Flint

-Alligator V-Troop (maybe Croc Master?)

-Venomous Maximus in body armor (I have an artwork design of this if anyone wants to see it...and it is from Hasbro,even though Dwight Stall claimed he never heard of it)

-Major Bludd

My two cents:

Slash: A good looking ninja, wouldve been better if they'd kept the nose and mouth from showing through the mask. I hate when they do that. The whole point of a mask is to hide the face, and, unless its made out of latex, this is what it should be doing.

Coil Crusher: No one wanted this turd in the first place. No one wants a repaint of the same turd.

Torch: Looks pretty good. Finally another Dreadknock.

Electric Eel: This will make a great army builder. Period.

Frostbite: Looks good but he needs a real gun of some sorts.

Wild Bill: This figure is a total joke. The repaint only made it worse.

Snow Wolf: For sure the best figure this wave. The helmet's a little big, but I'll just leave it off.

The others are really just to bland to commment on. I could care less about them.

Well,we got all these figures to look forward to.It's a fantastic line-up of both old molds (repainted quite well), some remolded pieces, and completely new molds.

Slash: Looking good here.Some people are sick of the ninjas...but I am not.He's a great looking figure and I'm glad they got rid of the action attack on this mold.I still remember seeing it when it had the action attack and I was disappointed when this nicely designed figure was giving the A/A treatment.His skirt looks like it will give him some better movement than the other skirt ninjas, and those two double swords are killer,as well as his "carrying case".Great mold with an effective and simple paint job.Sometimes Hasbro can keep it simple and it will work out great.

COIL Crusher: Not bad...not excited about the repack of Wild Bill/COIL Crusher.Not a bad repaint,but nothing to be excited about.

Torch: Easily to me one of the BEST figures in this wave,though I will not deny that I am disappointed that Bazooka/Torch pack won out the "fan's choice" poll.How could people turn down figures like Lt.Falcon,Major Bludd,and a few of the others.I guess some people just wanted the Dreadnoks rounded out.Anyways,you can see the new riveted shoulders on this mold and they look great,it really takes away from the rounded bulkiness that has been a complaint lately.He looks simply great and this figure should be one of Hasbro's prides and joys.The mold is stellar and the paint job is equally as good.The flame along his pants is awesome.Just like everyone couldn't wait for the O-Ring Stormy in Wave 4,I can't wait for this guy in Wave 6.

Electric Eel: One of the better repaints in this Wave,the blue works extremely well...afterall...it is a "water" color.And even though there isn't a touch of red on him,it still screams "old school" to me.It's so drastically different than the original paint job that was put on this mold as well.I think my only wish is that they packaged the red Eel in Wave 6 and the blue one with the Sting Raider.But the blue Eel wouldn't look so good with the red Sting Raider.So maybe they would've made the red parts on the Raider to blue.Bah,I'm getting tongue tied...

Frostbite: Great repaint for this mold,much more vivid and energetic than the original that came with the Ice Sabre.He's much more bad @$$ this way.I like how Hasbro is making Frostbite and Bazooka availible more in this Wave since there seems to be problems distributing the Quickstrike and the Ice Sabre.Where are they!?I don't mind the addition of the snowboard and I'm sure Hasbro will add pegs to it...at least I hope.Though after seeing white Alpine...I think it's almost safe to say Hasbro won't correct this.Frosty also gets packed with the super cool Snow Wolf.

Slice: I like the new design of Slice,the renegade ninja.I do slightly miss the old "fencer" mask,but even this new one is great,and I'm glad they kept the sash in the back of his head.I'm glad we're getting an O-Ring version of Slice and he'll serve nicely as a secondary ninja to Storm Shadow,alongside Slash of course.Oh...and the sickle is VERY cool as well...I like.

Razorclaw: One of the remolded pieces here...the helmet is a bit bulky,but hey,I don't care.I like this figure,he's much better looking than the original Razorclaw...which I think Hasbro did a half-@$$ job on the mold.Maybe they realize that and wanted to do it again,who knows?His claws look much meaner too and the darker red makes him more menancing as well.He does look somewhat ridiculous with the big helmet and the "normal" face underneath,but eh...I like this guy.

Shipwreck: Great mold,but why the jungle colors?I think something different and more related to his specialty would've made more sense. Maybe something neutral like gray?Or black and blue?Eh...not too fond of this repaint,but it's a great figure.I may use this Shipwreck as someone else.Maybe switch his head out and make a new Recondo.

Snow Wolf: One of the two BEST out of this Wave IMO (next to Torch).This is one of the "make-up" figures of the year. After the original disproportionate Snow Serpent mold, this one really takes the cake,though its called a Snow Wolf,this is THE new Snow Serpent to me. Hasbro has really hit a home run with this guy.Great mold,fantastic colors,even the ski mask beneath the helmet is a nice touch (even if it is the BTR Firefly head).What is also very cool is the wolf fur cape that he has...another great detail on part of Hasbro.I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

Tunnel Rat: Colors are a little better...but they could still be much better. These colors look different from what I remember at the Joecon.Anyone got the TR photo from the Joecon?Maybe I'm just forgetful.Anyways,I'm not too excited about this one...his huge water splasher looks silly,but its better than Action Attack ON the figure...so I'm fine with it.

Wild Bill: (see COIL Crusher)

Wave 6 looks AWESOME,much better than Spytroops Wave 6...now I want to see the line-ups for Wave 7!C'mon,we're nearly reaching that point on the bridge where we don't know what's next.Why leave us in anticipation?Here's what I hope for in the next Wave:

-Flint

-Alligator V-Troop (maybe Croc Master?)

-Venomous Maximus in body armor (I have an artwork design of this if anyone wants to see it...and it is from Hasbro,even though Dwight Stall claimed he never heard of it)

-Major Bludd

Nice breakdown on the wave hommie, everything that you said (agreeing with Admiral Hunter) is what I would have said too. I am sure all of us here would like to see the pic with VM in battle armor!

As for tunnel rat at the con I think that is the way he looked, I will find the picture and post it shortly.

I know one wave 7 figure, or at least maybe. I'm hearing Gung Ho o ringed and i'm hoping we get a BTR variation of Flint.

Draven

Now that would be awesome! A o ring of that gungho is the right way to go. BTR flint would be nice too.