This Week's Haul

Agent Adam

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Insecticons, Robotmasters Prime, and Smallest TFs Wave 2 in the mail today, and also picked up an Energon Downshift!

The little guys are cool (no chases, and no Red Alert either). Optimus was a lot smaller than I thought he'd be, but still looks great. I may keep him in the package, though. I'm loving the Downshift figure (it's my first Energon TF). Very cool indeed.

Energon Hot Shot (Redeco) - Though I'm probably in the minority, I think this is an excellent repaint. While he does look a bit more...uhh...feminine, everything has been re-painted well and the parts haven't degraded! A+

Energon Downshift - This guy's pretty neat. The robot mode is pretty sturdy which adds points. The head screams G1 Wheeljack, but whatever...;) I really don't like the weapons, especially the spoiler. I wish he had better weapons, and the spoiler to not be used. Still, not bad. B+

Energon Hot Shot (Redeco) - Though I'm probably in the minority, I think this is an excellent repaint. While he does look a bit more...uhh...feminine, everything has been re-painted well and the parts haven't degraded! A+

Energon Downshift - This guy's pretty neat. The robot mode is pretty sturdy which adds points. The head screams G1 Wheeljack, but whatever...;) I really don't the weapons, especially the spoiler. I wish he had better weapons, and the spoiler to not be used. Still, not bad. B+

Heh. On mine, the spoiler attaches (one end) to the hole in the side of the car's rear-end (hanging off his back), and his blaster is attached to the other end, as an over-the-shoulder cannon.

His missile launcher is in his left hand.

here (sorry for the blurry pic, but it's the best I can do):

Downshift.jpg

holy @#$% VERY NICE haul prowl, how much that set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks man :) It cost a lot of money let me tell you - $650 which is a lot to spend on one toy, but I had to have Jetfire and knowing that Takara will never reissue him and his rarity already, I actually think that was a decent price considering the other sealed Jetfires went for $800-$1,200 on e-bay...

is that $650 US or CDN?

Either way, i know what you mean.

i've been looking for a jetfire myself, and i being a loose collector find it VERY hard to find a pure WHITE jetfire.

he's definitely worth the price as he won't be reissued.

at least let's all pray! haha

is that $650 US or CDN?

i've been looking for a jetfire myself, and i being a loose collector find it VERY hard to find a pure WHITE jetfire.

MISB is the way to go, you're gona have to shell out around half the cost of what one goes for anyways so you may as well ;) Just get it afa graded so its nice & protected & leave it nice & misb. It can be one of the few proud misb toys in you're collection :D

Energon Hot Shot (Redeco) - Though I'm probably in the minority, I think this is an excellent repaint.  While he does look a bit more...uhh...feminine, everything has been re-painted well and the parts haven't degraded!  A+

Energon Downshift - This guy's pretty neat.  The robot mode is pretty sturdy which adds points.  The head screams G1 Wheeljack, but whatever...;)  I really don't the weapons, especially the spoiler.  I wish he had better weapons, and the spoiler to not be used.  Still, not bad.  B+

Heh. On mine, the spoiler attaches (one end) to the hole in the side of the car's rear-end (hanging off his back), and his blaster is attached to the other end, as an over-the-shoulder cannon.

His missile launcher is in his left hand.

here (sorry for the blurry pic, but it's the best I can do):

Downshift.jpg

Nice collection, take more pics

is that $650 US or CDN?

$650 US. It was a lot of money but Jetfire is one of the few TF's these days that will hold the value. He won't be reissued by Takarea/Hasbro as they don't own the mold and he was rare to start with.

I am probably going to send him to AFA to get graded but I still haven't received my Blaster, Swoop, and Slag that I sent to them a month and a half back yet but I suspect that Canadian Customs might have something to do with the delay.

Thanks man  It cost a lot of money let me tell you - $650 which is a lot to spend on one toy, but I had to have Jetfire and knowing that Takara will never reissue him and his rarity already, I actually think that was a decent price considering the other sealed Jetfires went for $800-$1,200 on e-bay...

Definitely a nice find, and a good deal. I'm jealous...

I noticed that Canadian Tire was putting out their Christmas stuff and thought maybe,.. by chance some of their toys will be out now too. And a good thing I did too

:D:D:D:D:D

Energon Sharkticon, Towline, Energon Hotshot, Downshift made it in to my shopping cart. Quite surprized that I found them in Canada this quick. So check out CT for the new deluxes

Then I took a stroll over to Zellers and found Mirage & Bulkhead. Good day over all.